Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, Kentish Snowman said:

Rain?!  Down to 1.2c now and the front has virtually pushed through already.

I thought we were due to 'warm up' behind the initial front?  :cc_confused:

It's snow but incredibly wet type. Got to be good that we are not warming up :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raining here in York but looks icy. Gotta love living in the vale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good 'ole rain here. Off to bed, another bust and I reckon that's it for this winter with the southwesterlies reappearing next week.

Night night all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That area of heavy precipitation heading out of Wales Mmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.1c now and proper snow although very wet and fairly small flakes.  Higher up must be doing well I reckon.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

1.1c now and proper snow although very wet and fairly small flakes.  Higher up must be doing well I reckon.....

It's 4c here in Rotherham wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow covered here and coming down moderate ATM just turning to hail as we speak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did the Look North forecast still show 1-3centre metres and 1 degrees to freezing temps?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well agaim another live interesting forecast. snow radar had lots of snow coming in and still many cm's. do thy knw something we dont?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Why did the Look North forecast still show 1-3centre metres and 1 degrees to freezing temps?!?

I have no idea what is going on out there tonight!  

Still coming down but very wet and no sign of any settling yet despite the temperature now dropping to 0.8c.

Beginning to think my sensor has had it!  :D

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

I have no idea what is going on out there tonight!  

Still coming down but very wet and no sign of any settling yet despite the temperature now dropping to 0.8c.

Beginning to think my sensor has had it!  :D

😂😂😂😂 it's a bust and we know it no chance of snow tonight and the worst forecasting performance by the BBC i have ever seen! They've literally made up there own warnings and accumulation predictions! It should be in line with Met....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I am beginning to think the presenter was given his own poetic license to just make up a forecast and warnings given there are no warnings of the sort for tonight outside of North Yorkshire!

Oh well.  Looks like the temperature will be rocketing up shortly and then plummeting back down again by morning.

Friday still looks reasonable for us so lets hope that stays on track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Yes I am beginning to think the presenter was given his own poetic license to just make up a forecast and warnings given there are no warnings of the sort for tonight outside of North Yorkshire!

Oh well.  Looks like the temperature will be rocketing up shortly and then plummeting back down again by morning.

Friday still looks reasonable for us so lets hope that stays on track.

😂😂😂😂 that's honestly exactly what i think or i read somewhere some parts of BBC don't use the Met office for forecasts anymore so it's a forecast from someone else that sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very heavy laying snow in Leeds atm, going by reports from the family as I'm back in London. A different world west of the pennines as usual. 

Edited by Cheese Rice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it's 6.c in Manchester, sub zero in Leeds, it'll be interesting to see where the dividing line between the mild and cold air is and how far north it encroaches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's definitely not sub-zero here, currently 1C and raining. 

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

200m makes all the difference. 

Edited by Cheese Rice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly, thick wet snow in Thornton le Dale. At least and inch on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing and lying here in whitby at sea level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's now 2C, it's risen by a degree in the past 30 minutes. Think that mild sector is on its way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...