ajpoolshark

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

snow.thumb.jpg.185a8c5704b8622eb7ac83df523b5cb8.jpg

Yep, I've watch one shower travel thru centre of hornsea. It's now just passed thru Wakefield and South Dewsbury. Currently anything between hornsea and brid should hit most of West Yorkshire. 

Edited by BA Baracus

Thank you for the welcomes :-)

I popped out for some shopping just as the latest heavy shower started. It has lasted 25 minutes so far and is very heavy. Blizzard conditions on the rural lanes, poor visibility and surprisingly slippy, quite deceptive considering it was bright sunshine half hour ago. Now -1.2c here and already a 5-10mm layer of graupel over garden and road.

• Like 1

Under a blizzard now and everything's covered. Best I've seen since 2010 ! 

• Like 1

The north sea is covered in massive clusters of heavy snow showers which will spread across Yorkshire this evening and tonight..could be some big falls as well as drifting in the strong Ely winds..about as wintry as it gets at this time of year!:D⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄❄❄❄❄❄❄ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Frosty. said:

The north sea is covered in massive clusters of heavy snow showers which will spread across Yorkshire this evening and tonight..could be some big falls as well as drifting in the strong Ely winds..about as wintry as it gets at this time of year!:D⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄❄❄❄❄❄❄ 

Thoughts on areas that may do particularly well ?  is the amber warning for south yorks justified 

Loads of icicles out there now, just like few weeks back. Sure sign that we've had an ice day :)

• Like 1

Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

Thoughts on areas that may do particularly well ?  is the amber warning for south yorks justified 

Hi lee, looking at my radar app, it looks good for heavy snow showers becoming widespread from the east tonight..should be a fun night:D

• Thanks 1

Met office app now showing heavy snow for me from 8pm to 4am. I'll take it with a pinch of salt but it's the most it has shown so far this cold spell.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

snow.thumb.jpg.185a8c5704b8622eb7ac83df523b5cb8.jpg

Thank goodness! This trench we are in had been killing me.

• Like 1

Current shower miles better as said above wind really picks up all snow this one cars and grass covered 

Leeds looking to be the sweet spot judging by the radar a steady stream of heavy showers pushing in. 

Just in time for sunset. 

Hopefully here in London will get hammered. 

Looking on the radar there is quite a bit of snow on the way for most of West Yorkshire. The best time of day too when it should start settling.

So good to read that the winds have changed direction and were due some snow now 

The wind needs to change for those further North the showers are still heading south west from the hunmber

1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

The wind needs to change for those further North the showers are still heading south west from the hunmber

North being which areas please?

well these showers have been fab to watch, just a bit pants that they have ammounted to nothing 😂 

Best thing today is the icicles! love them! 

MetO forecasting some heavy falls for my area all night, but we shall see. 

5 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

North being which areas please?

West and North Yorkshire its still not changed enough you should clip the northern portion of these showers

Heavy snow and gusty winds here now. Again, this shower came through hornsea on the way to west yorkshire.  Looks like lots more to come!

Shows after heavy shower here. A thick cover developing. Probably 2 inches and drifted more in places now in North Sheffield. Some epic showers!

Posted (edited)

Just need it to start sticking here!

The showers are fab! 

Edit: Its now sticking :yahoo:

Edited by snow*please

This killing me.  Trapped in this terrible trench surrounded by showers north and south. Someone please give me hope.

again garbage here in leeds! nothing.

so much for peeps saying there moving this way n the met n chris fawkes saying widespread snow. what nonsense.