Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
beerandkebab

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

heavy snow shower at South Cave now covering surfaces

Temps plunging here now down to -1.3C

GFS and NME suggest the lump in the north sea will hit Yorkshire but it looks too far north to me. At any rate, I'm glad its not headed underneath.

Still only light snow here in Rotherham, it's looking like we'll see very little sunshine today which should help reduce any melting. 

Yes summer blizzard. I think the worry for us here in west yorks within the top end of the Amber area, was the heavy stuff would miss us to the south. That lump does seem a bit north but hopefully it’s on a collision course with us 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Well a fail last night as winter would say radar showing the showers pepping up so time will tell today. If you're lucky you may something of note or very little as showers turn into mini streamers.

So (unless it really comes down tonight) the moral of this story is don't always blieve the hype of the Model thread-and plus the Amber warning doesn't kick in til 4:00pm so this (knowing our luck) is probably going to be it.

Edited by Weather26

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

Yes summer blizzard. I think the worry for us here in west yorks within the top end of the Amber area, was the heavy stuff would miss us to the south. That lump does seem a bit north but hopefully it’s on a collision course with us 

The Amber Warning doesn't even commence until 4pm though so I doubt anything showing on the radar now will relate to that?

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman said:

The Amber Warning doesn't even commence until 4pm though so I doubt anything showing on the radar now will relate to that?

yup again people trying to say it's over before it's even happened!! the main event was to begin later today so anything before is a nice bonus :) enjoy it , not often we get snow this late in the year :) 

Moderate snow now, although still tiny icy flakes. Grass starting to cover although roads still clear.

Agree with comments above, last night was forecast a patchy 1-2cm on low ground which is fair enough. Today is when the action is and its looking extremely promising if you watch the radar loop back over the past couple of hours. Been for a run and can confirm its bloomin' cold out there with flurries getting heavier. 

Dry, powdery, drifting snow in Mid-March. Wow. Whatever amounts you get enjoy the Synoptics people. This doesn’t happen very often....

Radar is incredible. Moderate snow now settiling on everything, including roads.

Kentish, I'm talking about the stuff in the middle of the north sea for later. Not the current stuff.

• Thanks 1

A lot out there in the North sea and it seems to have built to the South compared to my earlier image. Not sure of the track, but a lot of snow on the way for somewhere! 

Screenshot_20180317-080055.png

Screenshot_20180317-071527.png

4 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

A lot out there in the North sea and it seems to have built to the South compared to my earlier image. Not sure of the track, but a lot of snow on the way for somewhere! 

Screenshot_20180317-080055.png

Screenshot_20180317-071527.png

Really like these images Sausage. Will be helpful if you can keep posting updates when you get a chance. 👍🏻

To me it’s saying much of Yorkshire.

Is there much snow in Derby yet? We're playing Derby county away tomorrow wanted to check if it's going to be on.

North Easterner here!

Travelling to Manchester this morning from Durham. Any of you guys with more local knowledge (and seeing what the snow is like) any sense of whether the A1 and M62 should be OK until around 12?

4 minutes ago, NickR said:

North Easterner here!

Travelling to Manchester this morning from Durham. Any of you guys with more local knowledge (and seeing what the snow is like) any sense of whether the A1 and M62 should be OK until around 12?

M62 looks ok now. Heavy showers are expected later today so there may be issues mid afternoon.

Screenshot_20180317-081853.png

Snowing a heavy but fine snow in Scunthorpe and its settling as everything dried up nicely overnight.

• Like 1

Sun came out followed swiftly by... Blizzard! 20180317_082801.thumb.jpg.f2f6b260d67a592f7659ba91d4a5ce1c.jpg

4 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Sun came out followed swiftly by... Blizzard! 20180317_082801.thumb.jpg.f2f6b260d67a592f7659ba91d4a5ce1c.jpg

5 minutes later! 20180317_083614.thumb.jpg.fab8de321437783430b87ee98113b22a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snow showers getting heavier in nature over Scunthorpe, it's turning white out there.

IMG_20180317_084846.jpg

6 minutes ago, Che said:

Powder-fluff flake-flurries funnelling and settling. Sun drowning behind ashen cloud, but surfacing for glimpsed breath. Cold air. Cold wind. Cold birds - cold singing.

Looks like we’ve got Shakespeare in our thread! 🤣👍