Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

ECM been very poor this winter! So more runs needed before the exact track is nailed for Thursday !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Thank god I go to North East America in 12 days for 2 weeks. Hopefully might have some luck then lol. 

Posted

Might move to Buxton or Consett in the North East there do well in winter but imagine the North East probably had more snow and colder temps  last October then anything so far this winter thus far there have had it worse then here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Think im going to look into moving to Canada

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
12 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

I see the ecm writes thursday off? Doesn't surprise me. 

Huh?! 

It’s almost a carbon copy of the GFSP 12z which gives this -

gfs-2-72_ecr3.png

What gave you the idea it was poor? Weaker than before, yes, but no moreso than for the rest of the country.

Posted

While the ECM hasn't been great it can't be disregarded, dissapointing to see it doesn't make it north of the Midlands. 

Will have to see what the EURO4 shows tonight. 

• Like 1

Posted

Unfortunately as others have said the ECM is not playing wit Yorkshire....we have been very unfortunate this winter. Thursdays storm looked like it had our name on it but how things have changed! Still time for corrections but I’m losing hope I’m afraid. The pic below is a projection for snowfall this Friday. Clear to see Yorkshire is like a desert amongst an oasis of snow! The N west and even the south are kicking are ass (lol)

9858BCAD-D05D-4257-882F-4774CB7B1CA0.jpeg

Posted
1 minute ago, farmans said:

Unfortunately as others have said the ECM is not playing wit Yorkshire....we have been very unfortunate this winter. Thursdays storm looked like it had our name on it but how things have changed! Still time for corrections but I’m losing hope I’m afraid. The pic below is a projection for snowfall this Friday. Clear to see Yorkshire is like a desert amongst an oasis of snow! The N west and even the south are kicking are ass (lol)

9858BCAD-D05D-4257-882F-4774CB7B1CA0.jpeg

I am in that big white hole lol 

Posted

Yeah but it's obviously not gonna look like that the ECM massively over does it on the snow depths. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Cheese Rice said:

Yeah but it's obviously not gonna look like that the ECM massively over does it on the snow depths. 

Hope your right. If it shifts 20 miles east I may see a flake. 

Seriously I take those depths with a pinch of salt 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I don't pay any attention to snow depth charts,  look at all the lovely pink blobs that were showing for today and 99% of us have nothing!

Utter rubbish

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

That would be ace a proper winter wonderland 

I know someone that moved over there and she put a post on fb after walking the dog in -41 temps, her eyelashes were frozen, clumps of white frost all over them , amazing to see and made me so jealous haha 

Posted

I see the Meto is going for 6 hours of heavy snow here (London) but light patchy snow for Leeds. 

A clear trend south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

My brother lives in northern Colorado and he always sends me pics and videos of deep snow.  he's had half a dozen good falls already !

Is a great climate over there.  cold snowy winters and hot summer's, best of all worlds lol. Can even go storm chasing and watch tornadoes too!

I'm extremely jealous haha

• Like 2

Posted

Somewhere in Maine New England would do me plenty of chances of snow in winter and nice warm summers but not to hot. One thing i wouldnt like thst though is that the summer nights aint light enough. Least here in mid summer still light at 10pm on to the here and now was expecting more from today event then Thursday doesnt bode well. But hey its only the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer

That’s it this winter has been rubbish. I’m moving down south. I’m not stupid I’ve been in the MAD thread. They hog it all. I’m looking for anywhere south of a line say Liverpool across to Hull

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
37 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

That’s it this winter has been rubbish. I’m moving down south. I’m not stupid I’ve been in the MAD thread. They hog it all. I’m looking for anywhere south of a line say Liverpool across to Hull

Get shaky house hunting for you!  

Still 1.4c here.  Can't even manage a frost!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
43 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

I'll go out in a limb and say pub run further north putting us back in the game

Here we go lol 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Hessle Owl said:

Well i live in Hull well Hessle for last 11 years and we have havent done great since January 2013 were we had lying snow here for nearly two weeks. No one seems to mention Feb 2012 which was quite wintry for here maybe because it was sandwiched inbetween 2009/2010  snowfalls then the 2013 snowfalls. And wasnt the Cet for the first half of Feb 2012  sub zero. Im making it sound quite recent but was infact 7 years ago yikes.

The first half of February 2012 was awesome. The 1st-12th averaged -0.2C here with 10 consecutive days of snow at 0900. There were two good snowfalls in that period, 9cm on the 4th and 5cm on the 9th. There were 12 consecutive days with frost, including three days below -5C. The rest of the month was garbage with an average of 7.5C giving a final figure of 4.5C - exactly average.

2009-2013 was a good period, it had a total of 70 days of lying snow at 0900 in those five winters. The six winters since have had 6 days in total - all less than 1cm.

Edited by reef