Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

I'm confused 

is the event next tuesday/wednesday just for the south now? or is it on for yorkshire?

No event Tuesday and Wednesday away from the Pennines.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Someone saying north of Sheffield 4-8 inches of snow next week, hard to tell lots of imby southerners in there at the moment 

Isn’t it always... model thread if its nimby it’s rubbish charts winter over... yawn 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
45 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Someone saying north of Sheffield 4-8 inches of snow next week, hard to tell lots of imby southerners in there at the moment 

That’s Kold Weather.  Hope he is correct, although not according to this.... 

71F34416-1A98-4880-A8BA-71A9CE5C6251.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It's hard finding out information in the model threads, i'm just gonna hide in here I think!

Oh, It's 24 years tonight since the Great Yorkshire Dump of 25th Jan 1995. An event still to be matched or beaten here!

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/82340-20-years-since-the-great-yorkshire-dump/

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

We won't be able to pin any detail down regarding rain vs snow for our region for next week for at least a couple of days yet.

It will come down to the wire the way the op runs are changing every few hours.

I would say though that IMHO we have a better chance at snow next week than those bloody annoying Southerners!  

• Like 1

Posted

Not to be taken too seriously at this range, but nationwide snow a possibility next week (apart from my location of Barnsley)!  You couldn’t make it up

5AA082F1-849F-4992-9A90-64DF59AC41E2.png

Posted

Downgrade for Sunday perhaps some wintry showers Monday. Thursday Friday up for grabs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

BBC weather reports saying gusts up to 60 mph for my area tomorrow.
No warnings from the MetO for me as yet though.  A Yellow warning for Sunday wind is placed for the west,  Cornwall, Devon, Wales, N.I.  .....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!
58 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

No warnings from the MetO for me as yet though.  A Yellow warning for Sunday wind is placed for the west,  Cornwall, Devon, Wales, N.I.  .....

Yes it’ll be windy tomorrow, gales along the coast, and feeling raw if you’re out in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

I wouldn't take every single change as its going to happen like some do! It changes four times a day. It just leads to a emotional roller-coaster that's pointless. Best to look once a day at same time and see what's happening that it avoids some of the dissapoinment! Personal I'm less concerned about snow which I do enjoy don't get me wrong but about the lack of rain. The summer was very dry and here in eat Yorkshire the rain fall totals have been so low! I can see by mid summer bug shortages on water. We need lots of rain for the next few months really! 

Posted

Don't take this literally but the ECM snow depth by Thursday evening looks good for most of our region. It highlights the wintry potential next week has to offer us but still lots could change. Slight adjustments north/south will make all the difference with the passing lows. 

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019012600_141_4855_215.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
2 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

Don't take this literally but the ECM snow depth by Thursday evening looks good for most of our region. It highlights the wintry potential next week has to offer us but still lots could change. Slight adjustments north/south will make all the difference with the passing lows. 

Hi

Yes its looking 'interesting' next week. Lots of choping and changing i agree but we at least have a chance of seeing some proper snow next week. First time this winter really - my total so far is 1 hour of falling snow last Friday evening lol. *sigh*

I hope the cold hangs on, I was hoping February would finally deliver from the SSW as its expected to finaly flush down to the trop next week into early Feb. The dissapointment for me is 2nd week of Feb the EPS are trending up, ECM keeps going mild and if you look at the GEFS graph that is also just looking average for then. Plenty of time to change for the better though. Heres hoping ey ?️

Posted
1 hour ago, Cold Winter said:

Yes it’ll be windy tomorrow, gales along the coast, and feeling raw if you’re out in it.

Yellow warning for wind just issued for coastal areas tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

I’ll take that! . As you say lots could change!  I’m off to the North Yorks Moors for a weeks hol on 2nd Feb, so hoping for some decent East or North Easterly winds to bring in plenty of snow showers over the moors!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Cold Winter said:

Great to see that weather.us know which is the best city in North Yorkshire Matt

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Cold Winter said:

Pretty sure it indicated something similar last week and all we got is rain. Local forecast now has snow for Friday and dry all day Thursday but light snow late in the evening. All depends on the track of the low which won't be determined for a few days yet. The main interest weather wise is tomorrow. Are we going to get a surprise bonus (unlikely) or just blown away?

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

There's a warning for the east coast for tomorrow now. None for us so we will probably get the strongest winds of the winter and no ice.

• Thanks 1

Posted

The charts look interesting, must admit. I'm remaining cautious but optimistic though! I've skype meetings first thing on the 30th and 31st next week so I don't need to leave first thing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Im hoping for white stuff not wild stuff i hate strong winds, they terrify me! dont know why, just never liked it. 

Hopefully lots of snow around next week for all of us, i think if next week is an epic fail, im done for this winter

Posted

With all the hype for next week, i've not seen a single chart for this weekend's weather at all. How bad is it going to be?

Posted
1 hour ago, Stelmer said:

With all the hype for next week, i've not seen a single chart for this weekend's weather at all. How bad is it going to be?

Tomorrow: Northerly gusts reaching 50-60mph, possibly 70mph right on the coast but very breezy inland too. Feeling raw in the windchill.

Tonight: Rain coming into the west now will spread east through the afternoon. Showery outbreaks and turning colder overnight with some hill snow, most likely rain/sleet to lower levels. Risk of ice anywhere that gets close to freezing.

Tomorrow gusty along the coast with showers off the North Sea, possibly becoming wintry to lower levels as the day goes on though not certain. Drier inland. 

Edited by Cold Winter
  • Thanks 1