Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

Hoping for a more few snow showers from that occlusion moving south through our region tonight 

occl.png

oc4.gif

What time will they hit Sheffield 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Might wake up to something, shall wait and see!

Certainly cold enough, nearly -2 here already before 6pm ❄️

Screenshot_20190123-174139.thumb.jpg.fa827df90ab93ccdad694b01e67d3ee6.jpg

Posted

Yeah a few areas should wake up to a covering of snow tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Might wake up to something, shall wait and see!

Certainly cold enough, nearly -2 here already before 6pm ❄️

Yeah, we were at -1.9c at 6pm (in the sticks, a few miles north of Brigg)

We still have most of the snow from last night. Despite blue sky and sun out most of the day the snow refused to melt. Lawn is still 2" deep. Roads were slushy at 4pm when I picked up my wife from work but that is rapidly freezing so tomorrow morning will be fun even if we get no more snow tonight. I reckon temps will hit -4c here tonight, maybe a little lower. Coldest since last winter (or should I say last spring )

• Like 1

Posted

Just fallen to Minus 3 and it’s only 7pm

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

It's either gonna snow or be very icy in the morning if it rains, but I hope its snow. ❄️?️

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Yes we may have a bit of luck overnight and have a slight dusting overnight. However the temps are supposed to rise later on so it maybe a repeat of yesterdays rain.

After that away from the highest ground not much in the way of wintry weather in the next five days. The main thing which gets my interest is that it maybe windy which may go on from Sunday into Monday. I still expect it to downgrade as it normally does but if it doesn't the weekend could be interesting after all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp..

-1 here on the coast at cleethorpes 

Posted

The angle of the incoming precipitation will likely result in only eastern areas receiving any sort of snowfall, central areas are likely to remain dry and any PPN reforms east of Leeds and Sheffield as it passes the pennines. 

10 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

The angle of the incoming precipitation will likely result in only eastern areas receiving any sort of snowfall, central areas are likely to remain dry and any PPN reforms east of Leeds and Sheffield as it passes the pennines. 

met office n every other forecast had it wrong for us today. 3c but it didnt get above -1/-2 here today in moortown leeds!! WAY OUT.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Wouldn't surprise in the least if it did that. Yesterdays snow was a massive fail here and only produced one short snow shower between five and six in the morning.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Wouldn't surprise in the least if it did that. Yesterdays snow was a massive fail here and only produced one short snow shower between five and six in the morning.

i wondered when that happened! as tgere was a sprinkling making it much whiter with the frist. it didnt show up on radar. but is tgat when it happened?!

Posted

We have now hit -3c, not coldest temp of the winter but pretty certain it is the coldest at 9pm this winter!

Judging from number of people saying they got no snow then we must have been really lucky here, with a total of 3" last night. Oddly, we are not even at a high elevation!! we are not much above sea level in North Lincs (albeit at the foot of the humber bank)

As somebody else mentioned yesterday, we actually got more snow in one hour yesterday from a NW'ly than we did in the entire jan-apr 2018 'Beast From The East' period. Not only that, due to much lower temps this time, the snow has remained largely intact for a full 24 hours whereas back in winter 2018 it often melted within a few hours.

Weather in the UK is amazingly localised, even a few hundred yards making such a huge difference to what people get.

Edited by OldLandRover

Posted

Temp round here is up and down like a yoyo, At seven it was -2C by eight -1.2C now it's just rising after hitting -1.9C not so long ago.

1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Temp round here is up and down like a yoyo, At seven it was -2C by eight -1.2C now it's just rising after hitting -1.9C not so long ago.

u never answered my previois q pit?

where are yoi? because r u guys getting correct readings? my sensors scattered in garden are showing -5.4c at 150m in north leeds!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Showers tonight looking marginal away from high ground according to the Meto automated and text forecasts.  Must be higher uppers in play?  Doesn't look like amounting to much given the current radar in any event.

Just one half decent snow event which hangs around for a couple of days this Winter and I will be happy!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
3 minutes ago, sausage said:

u never answered my previois q pit?

where are yoi? because r u guys getting correct readings? my sensors scattered in garden are showing -5.4c at 150m in north leeds!!

Frozen Sausage?!  'Only' -1.9c here....

Posted

-2 here in Bingley.

Part if the radar peping up and places in the nw are reporting snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Looks like the precipitation to our West is destined for the peak district to our South and the precipition to our North West heading towards East Yorkshire.  Looks like the South Yorkshire snowshield is in full operation again this year!!