Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
50 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Not sure hkw organised the trough will be but it looks like west yorkshire may get its shot tomorrow.

Yes just seen the upgrades looks promising for some spells of snow tomorrow for some, more where the showers band together some locations could get some decent accumulations especially with a little elevation. Fingers crossed for some good radar watching . 

Posted

I think realistically the most you could expect is around 1-2cm tops, most likely for higher ground 150m+, but wouldn't rule out transient covering to low ground.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

I think realistically the most you could expect is around 1-2cm tops, most likely for higher ground 150m+, but wouldn't rule out transient covering to low ground.

Again it will be more down to Now Casting tomorrow but the signs look promising for some fun and games in my location.

D309F554-7863-4E4E-9A7C-B2CE75A7413A.png

Posted

I'm not saying you won't see lying snow but you have to take into account the modification from the sea, the uppers may be -7 during the bulk of the precipitation but that's more like -3/-4 once you take into account the modification hence the lack of warning from the Meto below 200m. It's not about the amount of PPN in this situation.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

I’m definitely not disagreeing with you at all buddy I’m just pointing out the fact that some not all may get some decent accumulations especially with elevation where some of these showers are more frequent and band together, My location is up on the moorside around 250m above sea level so I’d say I’m in the game if the showers play ball.

Posted

You should put your height in your bio like most of us have, I assumed you were down in the valley.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Zippo here so far after overnight rain. Just seen an over excited forecast by Helen Willetts listening to it you'd expect ice Armageddon out there. It isn't. Some showers in area waiting too see if they are Snow or rain if they make it to us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Ah ha Snow shower right now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

I guess the websites 10-day forecast is having a issue as currently shows us to have 32mm of precipitation today aka ~30cm of snow. Is just the GFS output but is usually a good guide to fall amounts but that's just loopy totals.

Posted
5 hours ago, Cheese Rice said:

You should put your height in your bio like most of us have, I assumed you were down in the valley.

When I posted my first post if you read it back I state some people with elevation may do well out of this.. I wasn’t initially referring to myself. But I’ll look into altering my bio to save confusion in the future

Anyhow good dusting here this morning very cold and ice any showers are snow even to lower levels so stay safe guys & Girls hope everyone sees their first proper snow of the winter  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Showers dying in situ just as they reach our region at the moment.  Let's hope that changes as the day goes on!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
27 minutes ago, cowdog said:

I guess the websites 10-day forecast is having a issue as currently shows us to have 32mm of precipitation today aka ~30cm of snow. Is just the GFS output but is usually a good guide to fall amounts but that's just loopy totals.

As much as the conversion is true for falling snow you never actually get close to that settling anyway. It just means it will last a while and probably be heavy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

No snow in Barnsley although fields towards Penistone are white.  Plenty of ice formed on many surfaces including car windscreens. 

The showers that were moving in from the North West have now fizzled out, but a band of precipitation is now forming over the West coast/North Wales which looks to have a more West to East track rather than NW to SE.  South snd West Yorkshire may get something from that later.

Edited by SouthYorks
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted

Showers on radar do indeed have a near westerly movement now and it does at least look like we won't be dry. Sheffield however looks quids in though given that there is a line stretching from near there to the coast. 

image.thumb.png.79e9d39ebcb823e3528415cc2eec52fb.png

• Like 1

Posted

Send some this way please  though i dont expect any to reach East Yorkshire though if there rain and sleet sure there will make it lol. Must admit im enjoying the beautiful sunshine here today and know in about month time the sun will start to feel alot warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

been a few months now of basically tedious weather in hull ,no snow,very little frost,no that much rain,no storms or gales.high pressure constantly sat to the south or south west,giving the same old.mainly dry,mostly mild,fairly cloudy stuff.boring.

• Like 1

Posted

Yer these set up's rarely deliver here but if we get beautiful sunny days like today and cold frosty nights thats better then what we have being getting. Need Northerlies or even better an North Easterly,  saying that though recent Northerlies have been pretty poor. Being six years now since our last significant snowfall in January had an few transient falls which have melted in few hours pretty dire really and not holding out much hope for rest of month. Hopefully get an suprise fall maybe. Hopefully others further West will do better today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
3 hours ago, SouthYorks said:

No snow in Barnsley although fields towards Penistone are white.  Plenty of ice formed on many surfaces including car windscreens. 

The showers that were moving in from the North West have now fizzled out, but a band of precipitation is now forming over the West coast/North Wales which looks to have a more West to East track rather than NW to SE.  South snd West Yorkshire may get something from that later.

There was a nice smattering on the hills surrounding Stocksbridge early this morning and I noticed a lot of cars coming from Penistone way had a good covering of snow on their cars.

• Like 1