Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

hull and east Yorkshire ,yet again seem to be avoiding the heavy showers forecast.not a drop of rain this month so far and not that much since beginning of may.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, cheese said:

It is genuinely cold. Horrible, horrible day.

been freezing here too in peak district there were storms the tempretures  dropped into single figures at one point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Wow, torrential rain here now .. haven't seen the like for months !

B.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Going to be flash floods somewhere today. Very heavy rain here and looking at the radar some places are getting it worse.

Just checked Met have all of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire under a weather warning till 10pm, for Lightning + heavy rain

Lightning currently only over North-North Yorkshire and near Hull, but given the progress etc expect that to move towards West Yorkshire soon.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Heavy shower again and T & L this time.

B.

Posted

We just had 12.6mm from that thunderstorm that passed over. We'd only had 4.2mm or rain so far in August before that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Some showers about today but largely avoiding here. Our total for August is 7.1mm and the mean for the month is currently 18.5C (warmer than the Central England Temperature). I think a warmer and drier than average month is odds on at the moment but obviously it could all go downhill rapidly without much notice.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

We had some torrential rain and odd clap of thunder late this afternoon here on East side of Rotherham resulting in some flash flooding.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
On 10/08/2018 at 15:30, cheese said:

It is genuinely cold. Horrible, horrible day.

Lovely and warm here. The breeze the most notable feature and that's warm as well.

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Lovely and warm here. The breeze the most notable feature and that's warm as well.

That post was made on Friday last week. I hope you're aware of that. Today has been warm - warmer than forecast actually. 24C was the max.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
32 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

We had some torrential rain and odd clap of thunder late this afternoon here on East side of Rotherham resulting in some flash flooding.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water

Amazing how local it can be isnt it. Nothing at all really in Bramley today, my station has only recorded 3.8mm

Posted

Ah yes, Monday. I was driving back from the Channel Tunnel (to Teesside, via Bury St Edmunds) and had encounters with storms near Newmarket, Colsterworth and Wetherby.

The Colsterworth storm had folks stopping in laybys until it passed - the A1 was pretty-much just a river, and it was impossible to see ahead any distance at all. A few miles further on at Newark, it was bone dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well what pleasant temps to sit out in?

I wonder just how low temps will be allowed to drop tonight as the parcel of airs that once wrapped around a tropical storm flow over us?

I wonder how much rain my plants will get from it?

Posted
18 hours ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Well what pleasant temps to sit out in?

I wonder just how low temps will be allowed to drop tonight as the parcel of airs that once wrapped around a tropical storm flow over us?

I wonder how much rain my plants will get from it?

Well the forecast was abysmal. Said rain all night and all morning and ive recorded precisely 0.0mm here in Rotherham lol! Totaly wrong forecast, was hardly any rain around at all this morning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Sunny, freezing wind and rain potential for the afternoon.

Feels like Autumn.

Posted

It's just a cold, wet, blustery day. Can't see anything to appreciate.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Autumn like day but most of the showers here light and ground still dry under the bushes. The Sheffield shield has had a nice day shredding heavy showers as they approach.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Lows of 3-4c across North Yorkshire the last couple of mornings, its brought me out of my summer hibernation.

Changed jobs recently so now working as a HGV driver around Sheffield everyday so looking forward to covering both North and South Yorkshire in my weather updates for the coming cold season.

Posted

Yes it's been very chilly and autumnal today! 9mm almost of rain too!

Looking forward to winter now. If your around Sheffield let me know when your here, I'm working in the city centre, I might spot you

Edited by Winter Cold

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

A very nippy morning here in North Lincs, house is now getting uncomfortably cool. Will need to get rayburn running this weekend to get some warmth, a little early compared to previous years. Normally we can last till October before lighting it but we've had a pretty average August with cool temps and alot of rain and September so far has not been warm either. Could do with a couple of weeks of warm sunshine now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, OldLandRover said:

A very nippy morning here in North Lincs, house is now getting uncomfortably cool. Will need to get rayburn running this weekend to get some warmth, a little early compared to previous years. Normally we can last till October before lighting it but we've had a pretty average August with cool temps and alot of rain and September so far has not been warm either. Could do with a couple of weeks of warm sunshine now.

First ice scraping of the car windscreen this morning since May 18th, much earlier than usual.

Still another 6 weeks or so till the wood burning starts.

Posted
22 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

First ice scraping of the car windscreen this morning since May 18th, much earlier than usual.

Still another 6 weeks or so till the wood burning starts.

yeah, for us we rate a year as warm or cool based on the number of months we can go without the rayburn running. 2003 and 2011 both rate higher than this year because we ran without heating from April to November in those years. This year may have had very hot couple of months but we had a long winter which meant it was mid May before heating went off and now facing putting heating on a month early. I hope we are not in for another cold winter, I love snow but not so keen on winter when the cold stretches over too long a period!

Posted

Certainly a nippy spell. No frosts as yet but can't have been far off as we dropped to 6.7C the other day.

So far today apart from being on the cool side little in the way of rain. However there maybe a a squall line forming on the radar. Normally these decay as they approach us and reform afterwards but it's an interesting feature to look at.