Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I'm surprised the television forecasts keep mentioning it even though the models are moving further and further away from the idea.

Posted

Yes, I'm surprised too. The latest model output shows mild conditions for most of the country, only Scotland having any decent chance of snow.

Yesterday was glorious here, felt like summer was arriving :-)

Of course, with a bank holiday weekend coming up and the kids on school hols you can guarantee the sun will vanish and be replaced with rain by the time we get to Friday :-(

Shame because it has been so nice to be outside in the sun these last few days that I'm now in summer mode, don't want any more cold now. want to get the gazebo up and start having BBQ's :-)

Posted

Sudden switch tonight to colder outlook this evening but a dry and a Frosty one until Monday when it will see probably cold rain away from the highest peaks in the peak district.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Looking interesting going into next Monday. Especially for the spine of the region as mild air bumps into cold air could be significant accumulations and transport issues if this run continues... It might not last long given the time of year but could give one last hurrah for the coldies.

EC8CACC5-B40E-4BD5-89A8-60EA3623B354.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Looking interesting going into next Monday. Especially for the spine of the region as mild air bumps into cold air could be significant accumulations and transport issues if this run continues... It might not last long given the time of year but could give one last hurrah for the coldies.

EC8CACC5-B40E-4BD5-89A8-60EA3623B354.png

Yes showed up a few times now.

We can't be sure of the boundary between rain or snow could easily be Scotland though current trends increasingly in favour for a period of snowfall. Fingers crossed for further southward corrections

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Let's hope we get one last snow event! :cold::D

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Craigers said:

Looks like a southward correction to me

Screenshot_20180328-080355.thumb.png.a1a517642e5cd5f6f31c84b9812f4d45.png

Yep. Could be interesting if this comes off. large Accumulations over the course of Monday/Tuesday I still think the spine and slight elevations will cop for the worst but looks like it’s increasingly moving in favour for snow even down to lower levels. Still a long way off but interesting to watch it pan out. :drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

But too late for a White Easter on the grounds of the fact it would have had to have happened  on Sunday.

There’s still chance of Snow showers throughout the weekend I think more inland with elevation so maybe not for everyone but still some could get a white Easter so don’t write it off just yet. And with 4 days still to go slight upgrades towards cold could bring more in play.. having said that it could still go the other way so it’s worth keeping an eye on especially if you have travel plans..:friends:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted

Hail over Malton just now, turned the ground white for a few minutes but back to rain now

Posted

Yes hail showers in Sheffield today, can see the hail coming out of this one that I caught while at work this afternoon IMG_20180328_151049.thumb.jpg.db834f45a46d7f017866fa12d38d72db.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Yes hail showers in Sheffield today, can see the hail coming out of this one that I caught while at work this afternoon IMG_20180328_151049.thumb.jpg.db834f45a46d7f017866fa12d38d72db.jpg

That might been same one hit us around 4 pm one cloud looked to have rotation as it had turned on itself it was windy as it passed

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

There’s still chance of Snow showers throughout the weekend I think more inland with elevation so maybe not for everyone but still some could get a white Easter so don’t write it off just yet. And with 4 days still to go slight upgrades towards cold could bring more in play.. having said that it could still go the other way so it’s worth keeping an eye on especially if you have travel plans..:friends:

Sorry-Since The Met Office says that a flake of snow has to fall on Christmas Day for it to count as a White Christmas surely for it to count as a White Easter a flake of snow has to fall on Easter Day (Sunday) and from what i've read that ship has sailed

Posted

Downgrade this morning with milder air on Monday much further north so cold rain on Monday at the moment. However models haven't been good lately with milder outcome generally being the final result.

Posted
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Downgrade this morning with milder air on Monday much further north so cold rain on Monday at the moment. However models haven't been good lately with milder outcome generally being the final result.

Latest ukmo and ecm completely different!!cold air further south and snow midlands north!!

• Like 2

Posted

Yes met office site shows snow all day Easter Monday for Sheffield, getting heavier into the evening! :D:cold:Screenshot_20180329-081757.thumb.png.d29028c356456bc1d8cdfbc6e3dbb672.png

Snow symbols continue into Tuesday morning also.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
1 minute ago, Weather26 said:

Give it up coldies, you just can't except that Beast from the East 3 isn't coming-i expect it will have been downgraded by this evening!

Yellow warning issued! Yay come on snow ❄ ? ❄ 

Posted
15 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Yellow warning issued! Yay come on snow ❄ ? ❄ 

For Scotland Tomorrow!

ETA-Or Maybe not! However you're still not going to win this one coldies as this was on the end of the warning  

At present the extent and amounts of any snow are very uncertain, and it is quite possible that snow might not be too disruptive.

Edited by Weather26

Posted

Sounds good to me, quite a bit possible higher up and even a few cm lower ground possible.

Agree it might not happen and no one's said anything about a beast 3, that was clear ages ago, I'll be happy just to see snow falling one last time if we have the chance and then let's hope we have a pleasant April into May :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather26 said:

For Scotland Tomorrow!

ETA-Or Maybe not! However you're still not going to win this one coldies as this was on the end of the warning  

At present the extent and amounts of any snow are very uncertain, and it is quite possible that snow might not be too disruptive.

As I quoted earlier inland and elevation most at risk things can obviously change to include more low lying areas or vice versa. We get that your not a cold lover and each to their own however I would take snow any day to torrential cold Rain. 

The fact of the matter is set ups like this can produce significant snow fall within a small time frame... having said all that I do agree this doesn’t warrant the “Beast From The East” warning as this is just a standard cold spell that effects us somewhere most years. :drinks:

• Like 1