Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Sheffield must be getting an absolute pasting at the moment. We're just missing out .

We are next in line according to the radar I'm looking at :)

Posted

Whiteout here, blizzard conditions

3 inch in places, radar looks amazing, no sign of it stopping!

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Like 2

Posted

This is amazing. Just woke up and looked out the window and cant ever remeber seeing snow falling like this. Im assuming we are going to wake up to scenes like 2010 here

• Like 1

Posted

We've got 2-3" of snow across whole garden and much deeper drifts around the house, even got snow stuck around the door and window frames. Blizzard here right now too and -1.8c. Best snow since 2010. Considering this was meant to be a mini beast it has delivered far better in just one day than the beast did two weeks ago. Kids have already been out sledging earlier this evening and we'll be out again tomorrow Morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Certainly happy with what fell here in Crossgates this evening. Impressive fall rates.

photo_2018-03-18_00-11-44.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Been crazy snow in Sheffield this night! So heavy, blizzard conditions. Howling wind. Probably 3-4 inches but deeper drifts so hard to tell. Just keeps coming.

This is beating beasty 1!

Posted
Just now, farmans said:

Been crazy snow in Sheffield this night! So heavy, blizzard conditions. Howling wind. Probably 3-4 inches but deeper drifts so hard to tell. Just keeps coming.

This is beating beasty 1!

You seen the HUGE convergence zone? This wasn t forecast this should be over Wales right now?! 

Posted
Just now, inghams85 said:

You seen the HUGE convergence zone? This wasn t forecast this should be over Wales right now?! 

Yes, it’s awesome. Jackpot!!!

i was looking at the radar just now and I must say it ties in nicely with the amber warning area. Glad we’re in it!!!

Roads are bonkers here!!!

Posted
5 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Where's this coming to the zone 

South Yorkshire northern Derbyshire look on the radar a truly massive clump of heavy snow a good few hours 

Posted
5 minutes ago, farmans said:

Yes, it’s awesome. Jackpot!!!

i was looking at the radar just now and I must say it ties in nicely with the amber warning area. Glad we’re in it!!!

Roads are bonkers here!!!

This is unforecast though it's meant to be a narrow band and this is not narrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

awesome isnt it :D

Its blowing about a bit but getting deeper all the time, looks like a few hours left yet so we could be waking up to some really good depth.....

And another ice day to come tomorrow according to METO website for here so hopefully some cloud cover and still some showers left in the morning so that we keep it, and then another hard frost tomorrow night :cold:

Posted
10 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

South Yorkshire northern Derbyshire look on the radar a truly massive clump of heavy snow a good few hours 

We are bang on the convergance zone by the looks of it, probably be at least 6 inches before the morning, equalling the last cold spell

Posted
7 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

We are bang on the convergance zone by the looks of it, probably be at least 6 inches before the morning, equalling the last cold spell

I've just measure 14cm already seven been in a sweet spot! Meto have been very conservative with this! Looking at the radar we have 3 hours of heavy or moderate snow still to come!

Posted

Thought I'd pop in here too, given my postcode is West Yorks :) Getting hammered here. More snow in a shorter time and still coming down...

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Che said:

“We dreamed of snow in the night”.

All is not what it seems when a white cloaked “beast” stirs in the night. Thick blankets of dreams upon dreams falling on breathing upturned hearts; earth-bound but sky-fleeting: dark-dormant and waiting for light to nakedly reveal: banish or welcome again - its wandering nature and ethereal joy. The snow-beast wraps us in its heavy comfort of white glowing, crystaline shaggy hide of thick cold.

The trees inhale, exhale and move in the night. And the snow-drops lay under; under and under, like stalagmites in caves. Rabbit four-paw-leap-tracks buried deep as sleep; in drifts, in drifts - of ice-walls and melt-bowls and fine ridge-whipped cornices. Mini mountains roamed by minibeasts in valleys of hope - and beyond.

We dreamed of snow in the night.

You beat me to it, I was about to say the exact same thing!