Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

been stopped ages here! 

Thought we were in for a pasting ? 

or is it later tonight it gets good lol. 

Edit: Scratch that its snowing again haha 

Edited by snow*please
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Hull snow said:

Looks like showers dying out another bust for hull

It looks a lot like last time doesn't it? Beefy showers hitting the north-east and a band of organised snow to the south while we get nothing much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I’m really confused as to why an amber warning has been provided for this area. It’s been getting hit hard all day even more so than the Amber warning for our region.. :cc_confused:

8689448E-7C33-428A-9AB7-BE5840886459.jpeg

Posted
4 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I’m really confused as to why an amber warning has been provided for this area. It’s been getting hit hard all day even more so than the Amber warning for our region.. :cc_confused:

8689448E-7C33-428A-9AB7-BE5840886459.jpeg

It’s a warning ... an “ it might happen” 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
19 minutes ago, jam said:

It’s a warning ... an “ it might happen” 

I understand it’s a warning and it might happen maybe they’ll update the warning areas also. I’m just suprised is all in some of them areas community’s will be cut off already that to me warrants a Amber warning as it’s a take action is all I’m saying we have an Amber warning for our area today and judging by the radar which I’ve watched all day that area has been hit harder than any of ours just confuses me a little is all?

Edit: In my post I put “ has “ it was meant to read “ Hasn’t “ I wasn’t saying why have we got a Amber Warning and the other area Hasn’t I meant why hasn’t the other area also got one... I do apologise for the Confusion ?

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Things definately building out to sea, playing radar back you can see South Yorkshire especially might get a more prolonged period of snow soon. Looks like its merging and pushing west :cold:

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Excellent out there just now, snow falling reasonably heavily, combined with a strong gusty wind whipping up the lying snow, and icy under foot, feels like a proper winters night. Shame it isn't actually, and will all be gone by this time tomorrow.......

Posted

Just back in, a quite snowy Doncaster, starting to freeze on the roads as well. Two fairly marked blizzards late afternoon and again into the evening, blowing snow and visibility less than 200 m at times. Still only 1 cm or so. Perhaps the most wintry weather in terms of snow falling and being whipped up by a strong wind that I have seen in a very long time, other than when on my annual skiing holidays. 

Current temperature -1.1 C having been down to -2.2 C at some time since I went out about 5 pm.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Just back in, a quite snowy Doncaster, starting to freeze on the roads as well. Two fairly marked blizzards late afternoon and again into the evening, blowing snow and visibility less than 200 m at times. Still only 1 cm or so. Perhaps the most wintry weather in terms of snow falling and being whipped up by a strong wind that I have seen in a very long time, other than when on my annual skiing holidays. 

Current temperature -1.1 C having been down to -2.2 C at some time since I went out about 5 pm.

Indeed John. This really does remind me of my happy childhood memories of the late 70's/early 80's winters. Just nice to know that it can still happen and this is mid March! 

• Like 1

Posted

It isn't clever out there

We've just come from the pub and under foot (nothing to do with the booze lol) its treacherous underfoot 

Layer of ice under the snow that has just come down

• Like 1

Posted

This snow is lovely but I can’t help thinking I wish it was 17th Jan and not 17th March. 

I’m ready for some Spring warmth now. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul_1978 said:

This snow is lovely but I can’t help thinking I wish it was 17th Jan and not 17th March. 

I’m ready for some Spring warmth now. 

Plenty of time for warmth in April and especially May. We might feel it more then than March. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Seems to be some kind of convergence moving north. Persistent snow perhaps.

• Like 3