Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 hour ago, bazookabob said:

Looks like another cm overnight, the front seems to be dying out over Yorkshire though now, still some heavy bursts over Lancashire/Cumbria though. 

Its been a great week, especially midweek, and the first time here in 5 years where we've had good snow that has lasted well. 

The good news from my point of view  as this spell peters out is that we are getting very close to the time of year where we can get decent warmth to give us a taste of the hunt for plumes, storms and barbecues, but still the chance of a snowy blast for a few weeks left for those who are up for more! 

Gave a good weekend all.

BB

April is my fav month for weather, we can get anything from blizzards to warm sunny days with temps in mid 70s F, I've even seen heavy snow in May though that was many years ago.

• Like 1

Posted

Everything covered again but not measurable 

Miles warmer today without that wind should see lots of melt today end of an exciting week weather watching 

Posted

Just checking through other regions  we have had hardly any snow or have we? I reckon we had just under a foot over Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday but with melt, evaporation and the wind blowing it doesn't feel like we had that much. Look at some of the other regions and they have been buried or is it worse in our higher areas? 

Ian

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted
Just now, fazzafarrand said:

Just checking through other regions  we have had hardly any snow or have we? I reckon we had just under a foot over Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday but with melt, evaporation and the wind blowing it doesn't feel like we had that much. Look at some of the other regions and they have been buried or is it worse in our higher areas? 

Ian

I believe wales and ireland have had the worst 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Just sat waiting for the missus to come out of a call in Barnsley and it's trying desperately to snow.

Only fine light stuff, but the clouds look full. It's weird. 

Edited by stupotlee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Bradowl said:

April is my fav month for weather, we can get anything from blizzards to warm sunny days with temps in mid 70s F, I've even seen heavy snow in May though that was many years ago.

I remember it snowing in May. It was on my daughters birthday. Think it was a  one day wonder here. 

Posted
Just now, stupotlee said:

Just sat waiting for the missus to come out of a call in Barnsley and it's getting desperately to snow.

Only fine light stuff, but the clouds look full. It's weird. 

Indeed, I am in barnsley and its very weird looking out! the sky looks full of it! we shall see! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

I believe wales and ireland have had the worst 

N/E and Scotland more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Don't pack away the winter gear just yet.

I heard a comment from Clare Nasir the other day which pricked up my ears.She said the MET were still concerned about heights to our NE being an influence through March 

Signs showing on the extended output that the Scandi high is just off for a nap.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

everything re covered, maybe a cm or 2 from last night here. 

really cannot complain at all, been a great week! ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
1 hour ago, fazzafarrand said:

Ian

I think our snow fell gradually over the period and accumulated more slowly which allowed for some melt / sublimation whereas other regions had their snow in one large dump making it seem like they have had alot more then us (although in some areas that is most certainly the case).

Reading between the lines from some of the comments from the experts I do believe we are in for a cold March and I wouldn't be surprised if we received some more significant snow over the next few weeks.  

White Easter anybody?!  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Meto app for my area says light snow from 6pm tonight until 5am tomorrow morning before turning to sleet and then rain.

Not convinced of further accumulation but I have given up trying to second guess our weather lately!  :)

• Like 1

Posted

according to met office, thats it for snow today for my area, and its going to slowly turn to rain tomorrow afternoon ? 

hate rain, unless it fetches a thunder storm lol. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Meto app for my area says light snow from 6pm tonight until 5am tomorrow morning before turning to sleet and then rain.

Not convinced of further accumulation but I have given up trying to second guess our weather lately!  :)

just checked and yes its saying exactly that now, it wasn't earlier lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, de88ie said:

I remember it snowing in May. It was on my daughters birthday. Think it was a  one day wonder here. 

We drove up to North Yorkshire in a hire car on MayDay few years back and there was snow in huge piles either side of the road. Must’ve been 2013 because that’s when our old car died on us

Posted

Our street. Don’t think cars have hardly moved since Weds (first pic) and just now (second pic)

44E7D774-A3F5-44DA-ADFF-CCF5A39DC59D.jpeg

937E26CD-6EB9-4F25-889B-08879F33E873.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

I definitely agree that winter is far from over yet. Yes granted the beasterly is coming to an end, but it looks like the cold pool will be within touching distance. So we could get regular cold incursions for the rest of the month especially from the NE......I’m hoping to see at least one battleground scenario before we can call it a day .....

Edited by Sunny_AS

Posted

Snow and rain forecast here around 2 and 5pm then in the wee small hours. Just put a tray of food out for the birds we seem to have a flock of FieldFares and possibly Redwings lurking in the trees a few gardens down and up from us. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well winter is over it's spring right now but a cold un. Tomorrow should be the last day for snow away from the highest ground for sometime by the looks of things. However a surprise can drop out any time.

Odd flake of snow falling now and then here but basically dry and cold.

Doesn't help when you're going up a steep hill that people just don't park in the middle of the road. It's bad enough with a deep pot hole partially hidden by snow and slush which is potential a Tyre buster without them prats. The thick plank then actually sees there is a parking place one foot in front of him/her managed to find first gear slowly gets out of the way.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

the roads better be ok..im having my hair done and will be gutted if i cant get there, gaz can drive me as i hate trying to drive in snow, so just avoid doing it ? 

Although a few weeks back when the roads were an ice rink, i handled that well, didnt slide once! haha 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
40 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

IMG_20180303_105001.jpg

Well where it says further sleet and snow and freezing rain the radar disagrees. Freezing rain is the one to watch out for  nasty stuff that. Luckily none around here and haven't seen any reports of any today looking into the regional conversations.