Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

The latest HIRLAM is interesting again for two reasons: the immense snowfall rates expected over SE Ireland in later timeframes but also the progression further North into our region ever so slightly (image attached for a random evening hour).

The system is further east than forecast and I think that will bode well for us as it swings NW later tonight.

Screenshot_20180301-162608.png

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

6 hours it’s taken me to get to Wakefield from London! I’ve enjoyed the seeing the snow though. Fingers crossed we get a bit more this evening 

Welcome to winter wonderland. Glad you made iteventually

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

The latest HIRLAM is interesting again for two reasons: the immense snowfall rates expected over SE Ireland in later timeframes but also the progression further North into our region ever so slightly (image attached for a random evening hour).

The system is further east than forecast and I think that will bode well for us as it swings NW later tonight.

Screenshot_20180301-162608.png

I noticed that on Hirlam earlier it showed it wanting to move over to us slightly so parts of West yorkshire and south yorkshire could have a few surprises , I think still all to play for :)  it's not over until its all gone and the sun comes  out! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
18 minutes ago, cobby said:

Had a walk down Fishbeck Lane this morning and you could get a 4x4 down maybe

More Brown bank and Straight lane that has had trouble as these are more Exposed to the winds.. a few pics to get an idea..

FA1A7E15-C422-413F-A5C8-5B1EBF57A220.png

D8EF20A2-D96D-4BC0-B69B-7367ABD9BFA3.png

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Tinker Bell said:

Gutted to say the least

I can hear you laughing at my pathetic 0.5 cm yes I did type that correctly before you ask. Had a few blizzards last night but no accumulation whatsoever! Oh well I shall eat my bar of chocolate and sulk 

seriously pleased for you guys tho 

Similar here today. We reached the grand old total of 1cm last night before the showers stopped, but the wind has since stripped that to 0.5cm which has proceeded to disappear today despite being below freezing most of the day!

Looks like the wait continues for our area. 5 years and 2 months since we last had more than 1cm. The question you have to ask is, if an easterly this cold doesn't deliver then what would? I guess we'll have to hold out for a good northerly!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

It looks to me like the band was doing quite well but has been caught by Emma's main front which is supressing vorcity.

Precipitation is still moving north/north north west though so with moisture about we may see some falls.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow upon snow upon SNOW!!!

Wind is howling here in Beeston and it seems like it’s trying to snow but not too sure if I’ve Been staring at the snow over yesterday to the point I’m getting ghost snowfall in my vision! Lol

Posted

Oh well 2 days working from home staring out of the window comes to an end, need to visit 3 customers tomorrow Ossett, Manvers then Doncaster, fingers and toes crossed for me all,  for lots more snow tonight so I can cancel ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow upon snow upon SNOW!!!

The minutecast on accuweather is stating that it will start snowing in 10mins!!! Bit precise me thinks!?!... we shall see lol

5B436552-AEF6-44BE-A2F9-EE457FE7CE43.png

Posted
7 minutes ago, reef said:

Similar here today. We reached the grand old total of 1cm last night before the showers stopped, but the wind has since stripped that to 0.5cm which has proceeded to disappear today despite being below freezing most of the day!

Looks like the wait continues for our area. 5 years and 2 months since we last had more than 1cm. The question you have to ask is, if an easterly this cold doesn't deliver then what would? I guess we'll have to hold out for a good northerly!

My thoughts entirely it's unbelievable. This is a text book perfect weather set up for us on the east coast, but yet we still don't get snow! This will go down in history for all the wrong reasons. Those showers on the radar have even moved backwards! I wonder why and I'd be interested to know. I wonder if John Holmes could shed some light on it as I don't think it's just down to bad look. 

Posted

Same here being great for cold and to see snow falling at -4  but for snow depths really disapointing to only get few cms at most and weird seeing the snow jst stripped bare from roofs and paths good covering on grass and some paths but cant complain one of them things. We were jst unlucky that most of the showers kept missing us while others got pasted. And last night was good seeing whiteout conditions for while. Problem with Northerly any snow will rapidly melt during day and not had noteworthy one for years.  

Posted

I suppose we will see...

D4F77FD4-390E-4A43-AC86-7AF89907D5EE.png

Posted

Good for the South espcially the South west and south coast not often you see heavy snow falling and settling in Torquay and Plymouth. Anyone seen the county Durham traffic cams Forest in Teesdale looked brutul earlier with drifting snow though there are quite high up tbf.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

@Yorkshirepudding That's interesting. My app has no snow at all for tonight other than the odd shower between 12am-2am

Looking at the radar I'm not sure any of that snow to the south will make it this far north? It'll be interesting to see what happens..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

We managed an inch in the end but the wind has stripped it away to half that.  Meh was in the wrong place again. (was in Rugby during the 2010 even which got precisely 0cm)

1 minute ago, wozafax said:

Looking at the radar I'm not sure any of that snow to the south will make it this far north? It'll be interesting to see what happens..

Agreed. Other than the light flurries we've been having at times this afternoon I don't expect anything heavier to reach us. Even with the easterly correction of precip it is forecast to pivot NW and die out on eastern edge anyway.

Posted
1 minute ago, wozafax said:

@Yorkshirepudding That's interesting. My app has no snow at all for tonight other than the odd shower between 12am-2am

I have no idea pal these apps are all over the place. Calendar has us in the Northern half of West Yorkshire and North Yorkshire for showers tonight/early morning but yet we still have Emma pushing up so how are showers going to come back south to include us if that low is pushing up..?

Posted

Just had to stand on the doorstep waiting the dobergit to do her piece and there’s something very cold very wet going on out there. Couldn’t see snow 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kathryn Atkin said:

Just had to stand on the doorstep waiting the dobergit to do her piece and there’s something very cold very wet going on out there. Couldn’t see snow 

Dog pee in the breeze ?? 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Snizzzle here plus snow caught up in the wind. Morning broke to a radar showing light snow but in reality it was quiet moderate to heavy for the early part of the morning before getting light and dying away before the remain of the previous band reached us which is the snizzle we've got now. Yesterday dumped 17cm on us. Unfortunately it's a moving target as wind moves the snow around.  Snizzle turning into light snow once more perhaps the front is gaining strength.

Posted
21 minutes ago, tayzi said:

Dog pee in the breeze ?? 

She squats lol. Must be snizzle

Edited by Kathryn Atkin