Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Thoughts on South Yorkshire?  My colleagues are wanting to know if they’ll be working from home again tomorrow or trekking into sheffield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well what a fantastic 48 hours that was. Deep snow blowing in the strong winds. Very much like March 2013. But I think that’s it now. But didn’t we do well. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Hello Yorkshire folk. I’m on my way from London trying to get to Leeds however no trains are running. Wish me luck.

also who turned off he snow machine? Does anyone reckon we’ll get anymore over the next few days? 

Posted

Is it me, or are the showers just appearing out if no where on the eastern flank of the Pennines? It is getting heavier again in Todmorden, after the last hour of light snow, albeit in gales and drifts. There are places bone dry where the wind has shifted the snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
1 minute ago, Kathryn Atkin said:

Thoughts on South Yorkshire?  My colleagues are wanting to know if they’ll be working from home again tomorrow or trekking into sheffield

Honestly I have no idea.. ?

i think unless Emma pushes up quicker than expected or we get another surprise from the North Sea i would say tomorrow is looking better. 

He says while the snow peps up again. Lol:fool:

Posted
3 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

Hello Yorkshire folk. I’m on my way from London trying to get to Leeds however no trains are running. Wish me luck.

also who turned off he snow machine? Does anyone reckon we’ll get anymore over the next few days? 

North and Western areas are currently looking like the best bet for more snow over the weekend.. but like we have been saying all morning this Beast keeps on surprising.. :drinks:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

North and Western areas are currently looking like the best bet for more snow over the weekend.. but like we have been saying all morning this Beast keeps on surprising.. :drinks:

It certainly does. Was supposed to be dry in the south east last night but instead it snowed all night! Would be nice to see a little falling snow whilst I’m up. Being on the train gives a good idea of how the snow depth changes. 

• Like 4

Posted
20 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

Good luck hope you’re not stuck for too long

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Just been out for a snow depth check and I reckon we have about 13cms (5.5 inches) which is not too bad considering the time of year and my lack of altitude 

Been a brilliant spell so far and that wind out there is absolutely bitter!  :cold:

Let's hope we can squeeze a bit more longevity out of it before Spring arrives proper!  :)

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
1 hour ago, Kentish Snowman said:

If the warning is based on fresh data then all I can imagine is that the area of snow that is now moving away West will backbuild over the Pennines again later on (orographic snowfall I believe is the phrase?!)  :D

Can't see that stiff to our SE amounting to anything much!

The amber warning doesnt cover areas below South Yorkshire, so I can't see it being from that low moving up the country. I can only presume it's from something else!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

From 2mins 25 secs here. Looks like threat of snow coming is from the coast, but majority seems further north at least according to the forecast. Some amazing lines of snow in the north of Scotland coming in!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43236763

Edited by Barking_Mad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Went for a walk at lunch. Level ground about 6 inches. Drifts over the top of my wellies.  Great stuff!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Anyone been watching radar ppn moving sowly to west and south of region and possibly north! Not far away

• Like 1

Posted

So we have just received a updated Yellow warning for Friday & Saturday with snow showers forcast to hit the northern half of the region.. giving additional 5-10cms each day to places with the most frequent showers. :yahoo:

Edit: I’ve just watch Look north and say the showers Friday will be light and patchy with the potential for Emma to reach the Humber if not further north Friday night into Saturday. Still very unclear as it seems forcasters are contradicting each other.. :fool:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted

Just watched bbc look north weather. A few flurries this evening. Dry tomorrow. Then maybe some snow Friday night but she did say huge uncertainty regarding snowfall into Friday night Saturday morning. 

Posted
Just now, terrier said:

Just watched bbc look north weather. A few flurries this evening. Dry tomorrow. Then maybe some snow Friday night but she did say huge uncertainty regarding snowfall into Friday night Saturday morning. 

I don't watch look north anymore as there clueless

• Like 2

yep paul hudson not my fav anymore hes been terrible n low beat for ages.

what a fantasti few days. deep snow n bitter. just a shame we cant finish this cold spell with a big bang!! like the south. if only she'd have moved northwards n deepened.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Those in Sheffield will need to report in an hour or two. The front will either produce nothing or see enhanced precipitation.

• Like 1

Posted

We've had a good dumping after that first Amber warning false start! - looks like we're out of the game for a while at least though. Can't complain really but looks like Emma has interrupted our shower trains whilst only bringing the dregs of it's precipitation this far north

Posted

Just been out and fed my flock of goldfinches that visit most days, absolutely bitter in that wind

Posted

If we don’t see anymore snow now I don’t think any of us can complain. Definitely the heaviest snowfall here since March 2013. ?

Without meaning  sound pessimistic for the south of the region, I can see very little precipitation here over the next 24-36 hours as everything associated with Emma looks like fizzling further south of here. It looks increasingly likely that we'll need a surprise or two from the south or a re-invigoration of North Sea showers from the east. Both within the realms of possibility given model and forecasting uncertainty.

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

Meteoradar forecast shows the blob currently over Norwich moving towards Yorkshire around 4pm

• Like 1