Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

What time roughly are you thinking :)

Hard to put a time on it, maybe 5pm as an estimate. And regarding sattelite, I mean look how gap in norths sea is filling in with cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
Just now, Harsh Climate said:

Hard to put a time on it, maybe 5pm as an estimate. And regarding sattelite, I mean look how gap in norths sea is filling in with cloud.

Is that the recipe for convection and PPN? I suppose we need the low to stau further south for a stronger easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Courtyard at Leeds University. Depth of snow on tables measured at 5.5 inches

20180301_112612.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Reverse Zonality said:

If you look at the last few radar frames signs of a line appearing between S Wales into C S England to north of London.

These are great, has streamers written all over them!

Posted
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

Is that the recipe for convection and PPN? I suppose we need the low to stau further south for a stronger easterly

Certainly is. Ye further south the better, but remember this low isnt even near yet, all this stuff over southern england is just lines of showers/activity ahead of main area!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

These are great, has streamers written all over them!

for which areas please? 

or is that the million dollar question ?

Posted
1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

Certainly is. Ye further south the better, but remember this low isnt even near yet, all this stuff over southern england is just lines of showers/activity ahead of main area!

Oh god i thought it was the dregs coming from before the system. Blimey looks like game on

Posted

So are we expected to see that area of ppn over east anglia and east midlands moving north west? Or develop are own convection. Sorry convection defo not my strong point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Photos of these streamers required 

Or radar snaps so we can put a picture to what folk are saying 

Posted
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Extreme Weather
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)

If you look closely on the radar I think you can see an example of orgraphic enhancement happening over the pennines. Moisture is coming off the north sea and once it hits the pennines is generating snow. This could well be cause of the update to an amber warning along with the strength of the wind which is very strong at the moment.

image.thumb.png.1e93af15f885c6ea4b790c3b7e285cf6.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Extreme Weather

Going by the latest radar I think it is quite likely that the initial front coming up from the south could enhance shower activity in our region, hard to say if this will occur away from higher ground though. As always with setups like this, it is pretty much just watch the radar and look out of the window!!

• Like 2

Posted

I imagine by tea time onwards we'll have a better idea of what might arrive during the night.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, snow*please said:

for which areas please? 

or is that the million dollar question ?

Could be most areas perhaps less for east yorkshire, with north and west yorkshire worst affected. Although anything could happen so its just a case of waiting and seeing.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Can’t see much more in the way of snowfall for our region to be honest. The radar is dying a death. Think we may see a few showers from the North Sea over the weekend. But I’m more than happy with what we have now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Ok the snow is just about fizzling out for my location now still falling but light in nature but very windy.. since about 5am this morning I reckon I ve had an additional 5” judging by what has been cleared and now is now recovered since Tuesday i think I’ve had about 15-16” in my location.. More snow is obviously always nice as long as everyone is safe but if we don’t get anymore I can’t complain. However I still think this Cold spell has a few more surprises up it’s sleeve.. With cold temperatures and overcast conditions snow will be hard to shift until after the weekend at least. Let’s hope for a big fight from the beast. We could still end up seeing some heavy snow storms as the warm air hits the cold going through next week.. until Emma moves away and brings us a touch more confidence with the models.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Northern Sky said:

This cold spell is costing me a fortune in bird food! They really need it though, a spell like this is very tough for wildlife.

See the deers on the news coming down from the hills in Scotland into the towns looking for food?? Even they’ve forgot what to do in this kind of weather. Lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

See the deers on the news coming down from the hills in Scotland into the towns looking for food?? Even they’ve forgot what to do in this kind of weather. Lol. 

Yes I saw that poor things!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
47 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

Courtyard at Leeds University. Depth of snow on tables measured at 5.5 inches

20180301_112612.jpg

Impressive for what is essentially the city centre. In recent years snow has always struggled to settle there.

Edited by cheese

Posted
17 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Will it be colder tonight than last nights minus 6? Temp curently -1.8C

It should be slightly warmer tonight but still below freezing especially in hills and rural areas. ?

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Impressive for what is essentially the city centre. In recent years snow has always struggled to settle there.

A good spot to measure snow, only a small quadrangle with high walls/buildings on each side stopping the sun and wind.