Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
14 minutes ago, Craigers said:

This steamer is going mental here! Persistent moderate snow and big flakes!!!

How long could this carry on for? Ive more snow here than i bargained for!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

South West now under RED!!! 

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 08.24.36.png

And we’re still under yellow warning. Bit of a joke really. Surely we should be issued an amber warning. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Well I definitely wasn’t expecting it to be this bad 5hours later.... It’s definitly the worst weather we have had since 2010 for the amount of snow and if this wind and snow keep up for a couple more hours its going to be on par with 2013 for snow drifts.. How we aren’t under an amber warning is beyond me. High winds, heavy Snow & 5ft snow drifts in places on higher routes with another 6 hours at least now forcast I’m in true amazement of how forcasts are changing so quickly.. 

Jan 13 was worse in my opinion although i have not yet left the house to say that. 

31 minutes ago, memories of 63 said:

This is silly.  I've got an appointment in Guiseley tomorrow - 2 miles down the road and I'm not sure if I can get there!

#Generation Snowflake

Get your umbrella and some wellies/walking boots. Not a problem. 

Posted
1 minute ago, terrier said:

And we’re still under yellow warning. Bit of a joke really. Surely we should be issued an amber warning. 

This will end for South Yorkshire by 9am and North by 10 and then that's it for the day there's no need for one 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers
2 minutes ago, Jules79 said:

The road out of Scunthorpe toward Dragonby and WInterton is *** and apparently has 2ft of snow on it that's blown off the fields. 

Ah can remember back in 2010 I lived in Winterton, epic times the A1077 was blocked a few times so me and my mates all walked to town via Normanby brrr :)

Posted
24 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

How long will this carry on for?

My hunch is snow most of day but becoming light.

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

Looks to me like it will end shortly the radar drying up near hull

Posted

It’s impressive the radar is still firing even though the forecast wasn’t for it to be so active. I suspect this is the air being forced to rise against the high ground, so the eastern slopes are being pasted! Hope it continues to defy the forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

This will end for South Yorkshire by 9am and North by 10 and then that's it for the day there's no need for one 

It doesnt look like its ending to me by then at all

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

I was talking more about the drifting snow. And communities been cut off. 

Posted
1 minute ago, joggs said:

My hunch is snow most of day but becoming light.

At least another hour on radar however with stability north of Emma's front approaching from the south, we are reliant on back building from the sun to keep it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
4 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Met Office is showing until 3 or 4pm for this part of West Yorkshire.

• Like 1

Posted

Well been on and off all night and pretty much on since about 4am looking back through the radar, don't have a flat surface to measure but measuring the bin lid which has been cleared numerous times, I'm guessing if this had fallen all at once we must be over 10"/25cm.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

It doesnt look like its ending to me by then at all

Run the radar sequence on rain today.co.uk you can see this all pushing West. It will end believe me within the hour

Posted
4 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

At least another hour on radar however with stability north of Emma's front approaching from the south, we are reliant on back building from the sun to keep it. 

Exactly that mate yeah

Posted
Just now, inghams85 said:

Run the radar sequence on rain today.co.uk you can see this all pushing West. It will end believe me within the hour

I doubt it. The air is rising against the hills and causing instability

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, farmans said:

I doubt it. The air is rising against the hills and causing instability

I hope you are right there are signs of it pushed back 20mins on the latest but it is all pushing West and cloud clearing from the East Cost

Posted
11 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Jan 13 was worse in my opinion although i have not yet left the house to say that. 

#Generation Snowflake

Get your umbrella and some wellies/walking boots. Not a problem. 

God, you sound like my wife!

Posted

Radar fading now as winds swing from more South easterly direction. Had far more snow than imagined earlier this week.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, memories of 63 said:

God, you sound like my wife!

While it's reasonable not to travel miles to work, a 2 mile walk in snow will be glorious. Just make sure you set off an hour early and take coffee in a flask. 

Posted

Radar starting to fade now. But certainly can’t complain. If I don’t see anymore snow from storm Emma then I will be more than happy with what we have. Think the drifts are going to be fantastic. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, terrier said:

Radar starting to fade now. But certainly can’t complain. If I don’t see anymore snow from storm Emma then I will be more than happy with what we have. Think the drifts are going to be fantastic. 

The ice that will form tonight will be incredible. That is really what set Jan and Dec 10 apart. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

So what's everyone's gut feeling? Is this morning the last heavy snow we'll get? Or do we think more is on the cards? MetO has the odd light shower through until Sunday before temperature recover. It doesn't look like the low pushing up with effect us so at the moment it's hard to see when/ if there is another dumping in the offering.

I'm not been greedy. I'm more than happy with what we have and it won't melt before Sunday/ Monday so if this is it I'll take it. I'm just interested to see what everyone else's gut feeling is, because there is no point looking in at the models.

Edited by wozafax