Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

Day 3 of waking up to heavy snow! It's amazing!  We didn't even have this in 2010! 

My dog thinks he's died and gone to heaven! So do I! The wife is off work today so she gets to enjoy the snow with me and the dog! What a treat! I'm gonna remember this for a long time. (The snow, not being with the wife:rofl: )

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mark Lowry said:

In Rotherham and its coming down a bit heavier now.  What’s the predictions for this part of S Yorks today ?

My other half thinks he can get from Sheffield to Whiston on the bus for a meeting. I keep telling him he hasn’t got a prayer

Posted

Neighbour set off to work at 630. Struggled up road. Has now returned after getting stuck on a very slight incline. Waste of time attempting to go anywhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
2 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Neighbour set off to work at 630. Struggled up road. Has now returned after getting stuck on a very slight incline. Waste of time attempting to go anywhere.

Ive not borthered walking to work. Not in this anyway. Defo not trying car either!

Posted
7 minutes ago, Kathryn Atkin said:

My other half thinks he can get from Sheffield to Whiston on the bus for a meeting. I keep telling him he hasn’t got a prayer

I did Roth to Sheffield yesterday morning and it wasn’t too bad but by 11am we made the decision to go and work from home. We all have laptops for that reason and it has paid off yesterday and today for the first time in 2 years.  Our main office is in Livingston Scotland so they are better prepared for when it gets like this.

Posted

Can't believe after all the false Amber warnings from the Met we ain't had a orange for this event. Unbelievable 

• Like 1

Posted

This steamer is going mental here! Persistent moderate snow and big flakes!!!

Posted

Managed to get to work roads empty tho like a Sunday morning. snow ain't half coming down now. BBC got it spot on over met on apps

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

We've got more than 2010 here now. (Obviously 2010 it stuck around for a very long time).

Still coming down like mad. Going to have a wander in it shortly, see what the roads are like.

Posted

The drifting snow blowing around in the wind has caused chaos on many roads in North Lincs, many roads are closed including the A15 all the way from Lincoln to Scunthorpe - crazy stuff this drifting lark! Just about every school and college in Lincolnshire seems to be shut again today.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

What a fantastic surprise this morning! easily a couple of extra centimetres overnight, still snowing now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
15 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Glad to see a region wide event now....

Any thoughts on Storm Emma?! Anyone dare?!

Three possibilities -

1) we may get the north easterly edge of Storm Emma's main concentration of precipitation clip us around mid morning tomorrow. Looks less likely that it will get further east than the Pennines, if that.

2) the 'tail' of Storm Emma might hit the southern part of our area early on Saturday morning but most models have it petering out before, which would allow for.....

3) continued convective snowfall from the North Sea.into early Sunday, probably less powerful as Storm Emma interacts with it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Wow this really is an epic spell. Reminds me of March 2013. Just measured 8 inch of snow on car roof. Bet the snowdrifts will be crazy later. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jules79 said:

The drifting snow blowing around in the wind has caused chaos on many roads in North Lincs, many roads are closed including the A15 all the way from Lincoln to Scunthorpe - crazy stuff this drifting lark! Just about every school and college in Lincolnshire seems to be shut again today.

Even in 2010 I don't think the A15 was closed specifically due to snow!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I thinks it’s going to be more like March been memorable due to the amount of snow during the cold spell as aposed to been the memorable winter of 2018. It’s more the memorable Cold spell of Feb/March 2018.. But in regards to that for me and my area I would definitely say it’s the best cold spell in the 2000s at least. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen at least 1 heavy shower per hour for over 72hours I can’t remember a time given I was only young in the 80s early 90s that has ever happened. 

Thats over three days of not going 1 hour without a snow shower for that reason alone this will go down as the best cold spell I have personally witnessed and remembered.. and the snow is still hammering it down.

Posted

Pretty little snowflakes just visible on the window pane. Horizontal snow big flakes still falling

44B48C60-A574-4258-AB87-71824DF3706B.jpeg

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wilkybarkid said:

Even in 2010 I don't think the A15 was closed specifically due to snow!!!

The road out of Scunthorpe toward Dragonby and WInterton is *** and apparently has 2ft of snow on it that's blown off the fields. 

• Thanks 1