Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Looks to be intensifying generally on the radar.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Ok this is getting silly now given we are only under yellow warning. Got large drifts everywhere, had to dig out the backdoor to be able to try and get the dogs and cats out, all the cats refused as they don't want to go in 3 foot+ drifts! Actual snow height is haven't a clue, will check later when have to go out in it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Anyone get the feeling our part of the world is being forgotten in terms of the warnings due to the red warning in Scotland and Storm Emma?!

Coming down really bad here and looks like setting in for most of the day!  Could be 2010 levels of snow for some by the end of the day if this carried on?!

:cold:Meto text forecast certainly suggests it will!  

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
Just now, Kentish Snowman said:

Anyone get the feeling our part of the world is being forgotten in terms of the warnings die to the red warning in Scotland and Storm Emma?!

Coming down really bad here and looks like setting in for most of the day!  Could be 2010 levels of snow for some by the end of the day if this carried on?!

Yup I said yesterday or day before you watch we will get more snow under a yellow warning than we did with amber and I was right! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
7 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Anyone get the feeling our part of the world is being forgotten in terms of the warnings due to the red warning in Scotland and Storm Emma?!

Yes absolutely, just showed a current UK radar image on the TV and there were a few showers over central Scotland (i.e. the 'red' warning area), a few showers over NE England (i.e. the 'amber' warning area), and big thick blob of precipitation of west and south Yorkshire............

But never mind, I prefer them to have got it wrong that way round :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Well,we all got in on the act.

I said earlier this week,things pop up ect.

Btw,meto have been w a n k this last 24 hrs 're warnings.

Enjoy peeps,more to come.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Whats going on with all this snow and precipitation on radar is getting worse!  Kirklees nearly cut off and radars worse! Drifts everywhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
1 minute ago, cowdog said:

Ok this is getting silly now given we are only under yellow warning. Got large drifts everywhere, had to dig out the backdoor to be able to try and get the dogs and cats out, all the cats refused as they don't want to go in 3 foot+ drifts! Actual snow height is haven't a clue, will check later when have to go out in it.

We are getting hit hard at the moment dude it’s also hard to tell exactly how much snow we have up here as any untouched snow from Tuesday is blowing off the top and creating snow drifts against the walls but if I was to place a conservative figure on the depth I’d say a good 10” but I would put it closer to a foot with more snow throughout this morning forcast along with increasing winds i feel for the farmers up here and there life stock. 

I still don’t know what to think in regards to Storm Emma. If it reaches our region tomorrow evening into Saturday. If it does reach us even if it’s slightly lighter in nature   the winds will continue to blow it around adding to the snow drifts and depths etc could become very serious indeed for this weekend and if we continue with the easterly flow into next week the amounts really could be insane. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Whats going on with all this snow and precipitation on radar is getting worse!  Kirklees nearly cut off and radars worse! Drifts everywhere

and yet a  yellow warning still in place! lots of surprises in store for alot today! 

Friday:

Still cold with scattered snow showers across North Yorkshire, with fewer likely further south and brighter, drier conditions. Bitterly cold easterly winds should start to moderate later in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Edited by LeeSnowFan

Posted
17 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Our Bengal cat has seen snow for the first time. He keeps YOWLING to be let back outside to play rolling in the stuff. Nutter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

and yet a  yellow warning still in place! lots of surprises in store for alot today! 

Ive not gone into work. Its just full of it here really bad. Should be a higher warning than this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Cold

Still moderate snow covered all the yellow snow from 7am stoked up the wood burner for the rest of the day and start watching the walking dead having watched the new season yet lol :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Yellow warnings until Saturday for most of the region. Easterly winds into next week. I'd imagine snow on most days. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny_AS said:

Glad to see a region wide event now....

Any thoughts on Storm Emma?! Anyone dare?!

well met thoughts: 

Friday:

Still cold with scattered snow showers across North Yorkshire, with fewer likely further south and brighter, drier conditions. Bitterly cold easterly winds should start to moderate later in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Posted
9 minutes ago, joggs said:

Well,we all got in on the act.

I said earlier this week,things pop up ect.

Btw,meto have been w a n k this last 24 hrs 're warnings.

Enjoy peeps,more to come.

All my work colleagues scoffed at me when I told them that you guys were on this 2-3 weeks ago and  said ‘what snow?’  Lol wonder if they were still laughing when they had to drive home in it yesterday

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, richardc1983 said:

Anyone noticed how the BBC main forecast hasn't even mentioned us!!!! Its all about the south and scotland!

The calendar weather didn't show anything on his map. The trouble is they are reliant on computer models which have proved useless with showers. They need some human input which sadly is lacking.

Posted

Well, no bus to Matlock means its a snow day for me. Dare we mention Storm Emma!? Still a chance for more heavy snow

Posted

In Rotherham and its coming down a bit heavier now.  What’s the predictions for this part of S Yorks today ?

Posted

Whilst the snow piles up on North Sheff to at least 10 inches now (visual guess), I have another problem which I suspect is cold weather related. 

May bathroom sink is blocked, I suspect it’s because the pipes are frozen. 

Mom considering pouring down hot water with a mix of salt? 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowbogey said:

Still moderate snow covered all the yellow snow from 7am stoked up the wood burner for the rest of the day and start watching the walking dead having watched the new season yet lol :friends:

Still got  9 more series of Taggart to get through here lol they’re all on Scottish tv’s site