Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

We've had a few showers of powdery snow giving around 0.5cm of cover again. Its quite hard to tell exactly though as its very dry and blowing around.

Rather cold too with the temp dropping to -4.3C in the last shower.

If this can just keep going for a few hours we'll be set!

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well the poor dears up on the tops are having to rely on their sig. other tonight as care just cannot make the time stamps esp. with those who are alone ( priority)

I'm sure Pit knows full well how it is ( was now for us?) with telling care it's OK and we understand they can't turn out ( esp. 2010/11 winter?)

Keep safe folks and remember those around you that might appreciate a knock on the door?

Even if they need nowt at least they'll know you're thinking of them?

It matters.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I can’t believe all them little streamers that have set up I’ve never seen anything like it whoever is lucky enough to get in line of any of these is going to have a very interesting few hours into the morning before the Lull before the storm. Some guys could see another 4” by the morning if not slightly more... 

@wozafax it’s looking pretty good for us for the next few hours??  

Posted
1 minute ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Wouldn't mind HIRLAM being correct for tomorrow night...

hirlamuk-1-32-0.png?28-17

Is this better ....one quick big dollop of snow, or maybe like the ecm and have a more southerly low and an extra week of easterly winds and showers?  Not sure which id pick, would love 40-50cm in one go, but do like the idea of prolonged cold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

@Yorkshirepudding Yeah it doesn't look bad at all. The showers seem to be losing their intensity as they get to us but there is a nice conveyor belt of showers incoming. If it stays like that it could be an interesting morning. MetO still going for heavier snow in the morning for us as well. We will see. How's your gas reserves? You might not be getting out for a while :cold:

2 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Is this better ....one quick big dollop of snow, or maybe like the ecm and have a more southerly low and an extra week of easterly winds and showers?  Not sure which id pick, would love 40-50cm in one go, but do like the idea of prolonged cold.

Well this wouldn't exactly bring spring afterwards. With the jet so far south there's every chance this outcome would also lead to a cold next week, too. In the short term it's simply better for snow :) Longer term who knows but certainly not mild!

Posted

Attached is the euro4 model for 6pm tonight. Here in North Yorks and indeed many areas of Yorkshire are getting smashed with showers - and the North Sea still looks great. Just goes to show the models are not always the be all and end all. Nothing like a good bit of nowcasting! 

9772A78E-9A7B-49C5-9477-CCB319D9DC3B.png

• Like 5

Posted

@Lakes Tom True! - the forecast earlier for Strensall and Linton was nothing like it is now - moderate to heavy snow all night and all tomorrow. Bring it on!

Edited by yaffle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

That chasm of dryness inbetween the 2 lines of showers is so infuriating :angry:

• Like 2

Posted

Starting to get a few decent showers now with everything accumulating and blowing around, perhaps around 1cm so far. Windchill just hit -10C too, bitter!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

We never do well for snow in that set-up unless its quickly followed by mild and a thaw. We need this system as far south and east as possible to keep us in the cold and unstable easterly airstream.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Seems to be piling down this last couple of hours.
Every time I look out the curtains towards the lamp light, blizzards.

B.  :)

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

I’d take the dump of snow then the cold pushes back... Not asking for much though lol

• Like 1

Posted

Just re-reading the yellow warnings from earlier valid now and tomorrow... they are for 5 to possibly 15cm on each day. So conceivably met office are warning of 30 cm for weds/Thurs in the yellow area.  I hadn't realised this earlier so we shouldn't be surprised at the continuous showers.  Good times!

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, wozafax said:

@Yorkshirepudding Yeah it doesn't look bad at all. The showers seem to be losing their intensity as they get to us but there is a nice conveyor belt of showers incoming. If it stays like that it could be an interesting morning. MetO still going for heavier snow in the morning for us as well. We will see. How's your gas reserves? You might not be getting out for a while :cold:

Stocked lol.. 

Yes I noticed that there losing a little intensity but some of them to the south have gained strange.. However anything that drops is setting straight away even when the intensity drops they’ve still been quite heavy in nature. 

Up here they are anyway lol. 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Is this a streamer setting up from the Humber to Leeds, straight through me? I hope so! Screenshot_20180228-203712.thumb.png.6678470f636827a6e3f7b5e5c2ecf963.png

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Is this a streamer setting up from the Humber to Leeds, straight through me? I hope so! Screenshot_20180228-203712.thumb.png.6678470f636827a6e3f7b5e5c2ecf963.png

Im in Stourton (HUnslet) this is crazy its belting it down weve got more snow here now than my brother whos in Barnsley. I have been at my parents for tea tonight as motorways were clear. Treacherous driving conditions home, motorway was blocked and I got stuck trying to get back and had to come a diff way. South Leeds where I am is really taking a decent hit tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just either side of a streamer now. :angry:

Posted

Next round incoming!  Should hopefully be another hour of snow with this band of showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Same here, so frustrating to watch lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
2 minutes ago, Tony Beets said:

Same here, so frustrating to watch lol

Don’t think it’s gonna be too long before we get hit again. ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Tell me about it,the one over Scunny looks like our best shot,it is developing.

in fact just looking at the latest radar return,S of Scunny looks better,they seem to be pushing strait west now instead of WSW.