Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
14 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Nor would it surprise me. However showers were already expected for our region on and off tonight so I think there's a reason why we aren't already in an amber warning for tonight. Not expecting these showers to have the same coverage or intensity as those up north.

I agree and you could be right however those forcasts were made before the shift slightly south including most the region in the warning area for Tonight /Tomorrow. So could that spell a slight shift in the heavier showers further south also? 

Time will tell I guess.:drinks:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Any ideas as to how much will fall in the CleckHuddersFax area tonight...? #imby 

Posted
22 minutes ago, shetland islands said:

I doubt it. The showers don't look that heavy. 

The showers have the potential to blow up as the move inland as they’ve been doing all day ?

• Like 1

Posted

This is West and North Yorkshires turn now. The intensity of the showers further South over South Yorkshire is not where near what can be expected further North tonight. Could be wrong though and I hope i am!

3 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I agree and you could be right however those forcasts were made before the shift slightly south including most the region in the warning area for Tonight /Tomorrow. So could that spell a slight shift in the heavier showers further south also? 

Time will tell I guess.:drinks:

Yes I think the southern shift in the warnings is due to the slow progression of Thurs/Friday's low as it doesn't budge the cold air quickly meaning we keep the unstable showery regime for a little longer. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Not much danger of that!  Its colder than a snowman's ice box out there!  :D

Colder than a snowman’s Sausage more like.. :rofl:

Posted

Looking further ahead (currently to Tues) the wind remains generally from the east with daytime temperatures barely above freezing. There could be more opportunities in the days ahead that aren't yet forecast... remember last week the BBC predicted a dry and cold week ahead and look how that turned out!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, reef said:

Moderate snow here too (finally), but despite a temp of -2.6C its not really settling yet as the ground is a bit warm from the sun. Might do better once the sun goes down.

i can see that cloud to my East send it this way you not got any lying snow in Hedon ? 

Edited by Hessle Owl

Posted

Its amazing how the temperature drops when you do get a decent shower. We've just fallen to -3.7C now after that recent shower, which is actually the minimum temp today.

The ice day looks safe now at least.

• Like 2

Just now, inghams85 said:

This is West and North Yorkshires turn now. The intensity of the showers further South over South Yorkshire is not where near what can be expected further North tonight. Could be wrong though and I hope i am!

Personally I would be more confident of a decent spell of snow this evening and overnight if I lived north of the Humber, roughly. That is where the heavier showers are. I agree the south of the region lighter showers, most probably fizzling before they get here same as earlier this morning before the streamer.

Posted
1 minute ago, Hessle Owl said:

i can see that cloud to my East send it this way you not got any lying snow in Hedon ? 

This morning's 0.5cm has remained in the shade, but has pretty much gone where the sun has been on it. It just shows the power of the sun at this point in the season as the temp hasn't got above freezing today.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Roads not bad round here as long as you take car and don't hit the gas too hard. As temps fall and breeze gets up this could well change.

Of course you get numb nuts who just abandon there cars anywhere. No excuse for that at all.

IMG_20180228_153724.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Really heavy snow shower here now .. wow, blizzard !

B.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Looking further ahead (currently to Tues) the wind remains generally from the east with daytime temperatures barely above freezing. There could be more opportunities in the days ahead that aren't yet forecast... remember last week the BBC predicted a dry and cold week ahead and look how that turned out!

Yep I agree we just need to see how Storm Emma develops in the case of its track and how far it will push up but yes it looks like we hold on to the cold with further snow showers and potential battle grounds as systems try work into the uk.. ?

• Like 1

Posted

Like Gw says let's see how this first wave or two behave and if they do reinvigorate whilst moving west,some of us could be in for a memorable night.

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
2 minutes ago, QUARK said:

send it over the hill Beverley lass :)

n yorks.PNG

Proper Snow that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Moderate to heavy snowfall here in York, pavements gone white again, roads still clear because of the salt. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Personally I would be more confident of a decent spell of snow this evening and overnight if I lived north of the Humber, roughly. That is where the heavier showers are. I agree the south of the region lighter showers, most probably fizzling before they get here same as earlier this morning before the streamer.

Agreed and the reason for the Amber. The MET will change it if they see more intensification of this first wave though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
Just now, Harsh Climate said:

Wow these showers approaching from the east are already heavy, if they explode inland as some have been doing this could get very interesting!

where are they looking at hitting? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Had a belter of a shower half an hour or so ago, and now another setting in.

Drifting during it, with poor visibility... think it was almost worthy of the ‘b’ word!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Oh wow look at the radar! Just got home from work. Definetly west yorkshire turn this evening and tonight and fingers crossed tomorrow. Already got a few inches. With drifting in places! Its -4 here!!