Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
4 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

White out for me currently.. strong winds and drifting.. Amazing to watch from the warmth of my home..:D

Wow, 4 miles away and virtually nothing for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

The winds are definitely shifting for showers to hit my area.. Showers coming off the North Sea just above hull now hits my area 2 hours ago it was just south of hull... 

Posted

Walked from York racecourse into the city centre this morning -3C thermometer -10C windchill, through dry powder snow; great fun, not experienced since 2010

Difficult to be dogmatic about the northward progression of Storm Emma, but I think it'll be slow, with our area continuing to experience this exceptional cold from the east until at least Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
4 minutes ago, memories of 63 said:

Wow, 4 miles away and virtually nothing for me

That’s the nature of these showers.. hopefully later this evening into tomorrow will give us more mergers to affect a bigger area for longer..?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Personally i'm most interested in the mass of cloud after the base of the trough. 

It's either lower cloud and more stable air or a more solid period of snow. 

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Anyone noticed starting to get rather windy again! 

Yes the snow off my neighbours shed roof keeps blowing past my window... At least that's something! 

Hoping sone of those beefy showers off the east coast might hit... Maybe not tho lol 

Posted
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Personally i'm most interested in the mass of cloud after the base of the trough. 

What is noticeable is no way can there not be more snow rest of today I'm quite surprised with that much instability

Posted
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Yes, I see what you mean.  Interesting

Posted

Well i'm going for coffee and shopping soon but looking at the satellite we should notice more showers approaching the coast in an hour or two ahead of the trough base. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

What is noticeable is no way can there not be more snow rest of today I'm quite surprised with that much instability

Yeah, I can see this getting worse just in time for rush hour now again . Like has been said wind and showers starting to come more easterly ??

Posted
2 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

2 minutes ago, memories of 63 said:

Yes, I see what you mean.  Interesting

Indeed although as i mention my interest is on the cloud area without gaps. 

If somebody does find out what it is (since it's headed for Yorkshire) post it here and i'll keep a look out. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Is it my untrained eye or are the gaps closing? It appears to be knitting together (see the technical phrase I used) we have sat in this god awful gap all day 

Posted
Just now, Tony Beets said:

Yeah, I can see this getting worse just in time for rush hour now again . Like has been said wind and showers starting to come more easterly ??

The winds only turn easterly behind the base of the trough (the showers in front are just coming on the Netweather radar now) but they should all but guarantee a snowy evening regardless. 

• Like 1

Posted

Great convection in the north sea for all I suspect and winds picking up .#radarwatchingatitsbest

Posted

Looks like another large shower about to hit southern Sheffield and Chesterfield. It's been a great day so far

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, joggs said:

Great convection in the north sea for all I suspect and winds picking up .#radarwatchingatitsbest

Yes the Metoeox radar goes a long way out - the raintoday one has crashed! There does seem to be some more organised blobs appearing.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Is it my untrained eye or are the gaps closing? It appears to be knitting together (see the technical phrase I used) we have sat in this god awful gap all day 

Yeah. I have attached an image. Would be grateful if anybody knew. 

snow.png