Scunthorpe has had a very good covering 

Heavy stuff from about 7am onwards 

Thinking we might get a few more showers in the next few hours 

Edited by Lincstim
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
3 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Yes Yellow warning now in force for the whole region down into the Midlands for snow showers all day tomorrow.  5-15cms apparently?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that Amber warning spread further south overnight into Thursday.. It’s Amazing. :drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that Amber warning spread further south overnight into Thursday.. It’s Amazing. :drinks:

yes was just looking at that on the map seems to be spreading into other areas quite fast! seems the met are getting caught out at short notice, wasn''t expecting this much today 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Heavy snow on and off all morning. Yet we are in the gap between the amber warning areas :oops:

God knows how high it is now, is over a foot on chairs and tables near the house but on the fields I try not to stay still long enough to work it out due to the cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Still very jealous of the snow totals in other places - I'd kill to have a foot of snow, something I haven't seen here in over 23 years. Sigh.

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Still very jealous of the snow totals in other places - I'd kill to have a foot of snow, something I haven't seen here in over 23 years. Sigh.

Snap, just not high enough where I am.  Fingers crossed for more this aft and tomorrow. With weather warnings extended into Yorks it may be another interesting day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers
4 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Wish the radars would cover the entire North sea. We could then see what's out there!

seems fairly decent, certainly was right over night and into this morning :)

http://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
3 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Heavy snow on and off all morning. Yet we are in the gap between the amber warning areas :oops:

God knows how high it is now, is over a foot on chairs and tables near the house but on the fields I try not to stay still long enough to work it out due to the cold.

Same it’s Beautiful to look at ?

Posted
Just now, Imp81 said:

seems fairly decent, certainly was right over night and into this morning :)

http://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall#

I think these just extend the current shower activity rather than introduce new showers. Good to see progress of existing weather but bad for new showers in my opinion. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Snap, just not high enough where I am.  Fingers crossed for more this aft and tomorrow. With weather warnings extended into Yorks it may be another interesting day.

If this was January I wouldn't mind so much, but if the sun comes out for an hour then I can see what has fallen mostly melting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Three inches or so on the Lincs Coast today, now dry but extensive drifting in the strong easterly.  It’s absolutely perishing in the wind and drifting snow is making travel on the coast road very tricky north of Mablethorpe.

Posted

That trough looks like it's hitting further north east caught in the flow so not good for us or guys in West Yorkshire. I'd suggest thats it for today barring the odd flurry and eyes down for tomorrow 

Edited by inghams85

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

So.......... predictions for later on today/tonight ...... ?????? 

I'd suggest that it mate until tomorrow now and I'd say we've just had the worst of the cold spell for snow now. Friday event looks patchy this far North 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers
5 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

I think these just extend the current shower activity rather than introduce new showers. Good to see progress of existing weather but bad for new showers in my opinion. 

Probably right, though I use it to spot chunks way out and see if they intensify and their track :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog
2 minutes ago, Just Before Dawn said:

Three inches or so on the Lincs Coast today, now dry but extensive drifting in the strong easterly.  It’s absolutely perishing in the wind and drifting snow is making travel on the coast road very tricky north of Mablethorpe.

yes weve had it bad here in skeg this morning in a lull atm blizzards were mental aswell i even went 4 walk to the beach that wind is brutal 

Posted
1 minute ago, ChezWeather said:

Are the winds shifting direction?? Precip looks to be moving E now rather than NE

if they are then thats good for parts of south yorkshire, chesterfield, derbyshire, 

Posted
1 minute ago, sausage said:

must be something heading fir west yorks or is the streaner taking the power away. great here currently. hazy sun and deep snow! brilliant

Flipping heck... a happy sausage!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, ChezWeather said:

Are the winds shifting direction?? Precip looks to be moving E now rather than NE

Winds turning more E as we head into the evening, this is why I'm hopeful for more activity in this area later on.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sausage said:

must be something heading fir west yorks or is the streaner taking the power away. great here currently. hazy sun and deep snow! brilliant

First positive post I've seen from you sausage.  Really glad you're enjoying it.

• Like 2