Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Great to hear the reports coming in send some here we have about inch here but everything missing us bar the odd flake. So frustrating really thought we would kop it here but not to be so far still better then usual tripe from recent winters. 

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

the streamer which was going to hit west yorkshire has been moving south to the point that it will hit sheffield area, although the radar is showing more pepping up in the north sea heading for grimsby area which should hit west yorkshire in a few hours so all not lost for there i think

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

If we can just keep what we have now then I'll be happy. Certainly a lot more than I expected (I expected nothing!).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
7 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

West Yorkshire will likely miss the streamer...oh well...enjoy it our southern brethren!!!!

Although our area is in a mini-streamer ....

There’s still potential later tonight and then early tomorrow when the winds shift again.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The Met are forecasting heavy snow here at 12pm, so that might be related to the trough that's due to arrive. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

3 minutes ago, terrier said:

Got a funny feeling this streamer will move into West Yorkshire aswell. 

The one that has setup over the last two hours won't. I have been tracking radar and the flow flattens more easterly over land so only a little lattitude is being gained (Somewhere in South Yorkshire is going to see hours of persistent snow though). Barnsley to Sheffield looks the sweet spot although Huddersfield could see anything that retains its strength given the path (sadly i moved from Huddersfield to Leeds). 

Anything for the Leeds/Bradford area needs to cross the coast no further south than Hull. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

wheres these frequent heavy snow showers?,been nearly 3 hours since we had a snow shower in hull.you can bet if that snowstorm spreads north on Friday ,it will be rain in east Yorkshire.its been that sort of winter,the last few winters as well.

Posted
Just now, MIKE LEVITT said:

wheres these frequent heavy snow showers?,been nearly 3 hours since we had a snow shower in hull.you can bet if that snowstorm spreads north on Friday ,it will be rain in east Yorkshire.its been that sort of winter,the last few winters as well.

Vorcity is being supressed by the feature to your south. 

And yeah, with an onshore flow i'd imagine it will be. 

Posted

Certainly an increase in the wind!! Wind chill down to -5.9c aswell.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
8 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Just to put it out there. The stuff for the Amber warning is what is building in the North sea hitting between 12 and 3. That's the trough from Europe

This?

Screenshot_20180228-111336.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Amazing scenes here at the moment.

Horizontal heavy snow with strong winds whipping the snow off the roof like talcum powder!

3 inches or thereabouts so far I reckon with a little drifting as well.

Temperature hovering around -3c.  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

The only down side is this streamer looks to be clear of here to the South in the next hour or so.

Lets hope the North Sea peps up again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Bit of a gap here at the moment, its -2c despite the sunshine although the sun is having an affect on the snow.

This is my next area of interest on the Satellite image heading towards North/West Yorkshire.

cap.thumb.PNG.58a22bc9948f597e37c11b670dfd144e.PNG

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow !!!!

Coming down thick and fast here in mosborough ? fingers crossed for a 2009/10 depths ?

20180228_111621.jpg

Posted

My partner is in East Lothian right on the coast! Its pelting it down up there! Hes right under the red warning...

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-28&lat=55.9595&lon=-2.983

Heavy snow showers and drifting of lying snow in the strong easterly winds will become more widespread across the area later on Wednesday afternoon, through the evening and overnight into Thursday. Roads will become blocked by deep snow, with many stranded vehicles and passengers. Long delays and cancellations on bus, rail and air travel are expected. Some communities could become cut off for several days. Long interruptions to power supplies and other services.

Edited by richardc1983

Posted
6 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Bit of a gap here at the moment, its -2c despite the sunshine although the sun is having an affect on the snow.

This is my next area of interest on the Satellite image heading towards North/West Yorkshire.

cap.thumb.PNG.58a22bc9948f597e37c11b670dfd144e.PNG

Look at that massive gap to the ESE of here. The weather gods really are having a laugh now.

Posted

It’s eased a tad here though there are still heavier bursts to the east on the radar. Very happy with what I’ve got, though I wouldn’t complain about more over the next few days. :D

Edited by Static Prevails

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
16 minutes ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

Where are you based??