• Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Here right now:yahoo::D

DSC01832.thumb.JPG.3997b7b74097ce789fbb0d9cfe2f3134.JPG

and settling fast,just missed the heavier stuff to my south but not complaining

well,maybe just a tad.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted

Nothing happening here since last light sprinkling but v cold. I can’t get warm in our house tonight

Posted

This convective energy is moving southwards!!!!!! South Yorkshire should be getting more soon!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kathryn Atkin said:

Nothing happening here since last light sprinkling but v cold. I can’t get warm in our house tonight

You sound like the wife?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Need showers to move further west. Bone dry in hudds and looking at radar Halifax Bradford etc are dry. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, reef said:

This is just ridiculous now, the North sea is totally dead in the direction the showers should be coming from if they were to hit us. We have barely a dusting from one light shower half an hour ago but it looks like at least a 2-3hr wait now.

Yep the North East has been and will be the place to benefit from this set up by the looks. 

Posted

Finally, a decent covering of snow outside, the late Feb sun between these showers is too intense, just melts anything that falls before the next one. Now the snow stands a chance.

Posted
11 minutes ago, reef said:

This is just ridiculous now, the North sea is totally dead in the direction the showers should be coming from if they were to hit us. We have barely a dusting from one light shower half an hour ago but it looks like at least a 2-3hr wait now.

Evening reef, my thoughts exactly. What direction are these showers coming in at and when will they shift easterly? I'm struggling to see on the radar! We just seem to miss the heavier bursts where as Beverley are doing much better 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Craigers said:

This convective energy is moving southwards!!!!!! South Yorkshire should be getting more soon!

Where do you get the energy mov8ng southward from? If anything I'd say it's dieing near the number now 

Posted

Doesn't get better than this. Blizzard shower incoming whilst watching indie bands from 80/90s on vintage TV :) just need to crack open a beer now :)

Posted
5 minutes ago, joggs said:

You sound like the wife?

Sat here with a mardy Dobermann on my lap and she’s in her fleece coat because she can’t get warm either lol. Wait til she has to go out in it

• Like 2

Posted

If you believe the saying about March in like a Lion...out like a Lamb, we should be in for a pretty warm spell at the end of March, you couldn't get much more Lion-like than Thursday forecast !

Posted
1 minute ago, sitrap said:

If you believe the saying about March in like a Lion...out like a Lamb, we should be in for a pretty warm spell at the end of March, you couldn't get much more Lion-like than Thursday forecast !

Be careful what you wish for-There's a Bank Holiday weekend at the end of March/Start of April.

But yes on Thursday, March/Spring will be coming in like a polar bear rather than a lamb.

Posted

Been under a decent shower of snow for 15mins nice base down now (anyone understand Sausages last comment) think he has been on the sherry 

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting

Without wishing to cause too much excitement in here but totally in line with my earlier post this PM I suggest that you all look at the following:

https://www.buienradar.nl/wereldwijd/europa/buienradar/3uurs

This is a 3 hr radar projection from the Netherlands rain radar and shows a large area of organised activity developing just off Ostend and the Hook of Holland that appears to be heading in our general direction as the winds start to veer more Easterly - the potential for some significant accumulations from that later this evening!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted

I was in Svalbard in late November last year, it wasn't much different to the pictures I've seen today on Look North.  About -12 (-22 windchill) at the time.