Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, sausage said:

we shud have all been sat here tonight excited about heaby frequent snow showers all nighy n all day tomorrw. even that was forecasted upto last night. yes euro4 showed heavy snow over us but no doubt thats changed. the met app has now dwngraded and there txt has too after the best update last night but then last nights update was wrong. and if friday they get a dumping dwn there then thats typical. 

temps wise by evening n night yes its a beast but not so by day. snow shouldnt struggle to settle in this so called sib air. but friday wud hav been no prb for us if wed have had all the snow showers bef4 hand. its great here with -3/-4 and 2inches of snow but nothing incoming apart from a little further north. the winds havent even swung easterly yet. so disapointing. and fri originally looked so so good didnt it. so a mega cold air source without a proper breakdwn just slowly milder. nxt year our region will win. oh no sorry it wont.

Next winter I swear to god I am boycotting Met Office website! Trouble is every forecaster on the telly has over ramped it just the same. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Looking at the radar a lot of these showers seem to be heading too far north. Let’s hope a few beefier showers move in overnight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
2 minutes ago, wozafax said:

@Yorkshirepudding Are the ducks coping OK up there on Addingham Moorside? :D:cold:

They got fed today ??

You know the spot I live then? You’ll also know how ridiculous it is to get aswel?? Lol. 

and i think i speak for most on here when i say-

i was really genuinly quietly so excited for lots of snow showers from this easterly n deep snow like met office said only last night. isnt it a shame when we have such anazing synoptics that dont produce the goods. apart from the north east of course. even easterlues in the past we did better than the north east. all i wanted folks was to re-live sone childhood memories of knee deep snow that i cant really remember anymore, just by photos :(

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

So is it all over for rest of week?? 

I think so bar the shouting. A few showers tonight into tomorrow. But Friday looks like a non event now with the low pressure system staying well south of us. Stalling over midlands and South Wales. So after an exciting country file on Sunday it’s all gone the way of the pear ? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, sausage said:

i was really genuinly quietly so excited for lots of snow showers from this easterly n deep snow like met office said only last night. isnt it a shame when we have such anazing synoptics that dont produce the goods. apart from the north east of course. even easterlues in the past we did better than the north east. all i wanted folks was to re-live sone childhood memories of knee deep snow that i cant really remember anymore, just by photos :(

I said to my partner earlier that when I was a kid it seemed normal to have 6 inches of snow here and there in winter, I have tons of memories of my dad building the best snowmen and snow slides on the street and sledging on Beverley Westwood.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

They got fed today ??

You know the spot I live then? You’ll also know how ridiculous it is to get aswel?? Lol. 

Yes I know it well. My father in law has a caravan up there. He actually moved into a flat a few weeks back, which I think he's happy about given this weather. Not just because of access, but the cold too. Even his snow tires would have struggled I think! Stay warm, it looks like we might get hit quite hard overnight! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, joggs said:

Big 15 min blizzard here half hour ago.Everything covered.

We had that too up in East Morton.  Amazing.  Can you imagine if we had that for hours!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Looks like the radar is really pepping up...is there a trough due over us now or very soon?

A lot of those showers are heading to the north of us unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just back and was in a taxi , and as he was coming one the main roads to our street he couldnt get all the way up was skidding total black ice so had to get out and walk rest way home! its really bad out there! snow looks pretty lol 

BBC and MET still going for snow in most of our region friday ! keep the faith!

Edited by LeeSnowFan

Posted
9 minutes ago, sausage said:

Feeling your pain.  as someone else said earlier the photos are all you have left when it's melted. 

Hope you haven't taken offence to our banter on here over the last few days.. You have certainly brought us a little light humour and I for one have enjoyed your posts. Who needs the snow it's over rated! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
6 minutes ago, wozafax said:

Yes I know it well. My father in law has a caravan up there. He actually moved into a flat a few weeks back, which I think he's happy about given this weather. Not just because of access, but the cold too. Even his snow tires would have struggled I think! Stay warm, it looks like we might get hit quite hard overnight! 

Thankyou. I’ve got 4 full gas bottles on now lots of wine I’m sorted.. All snow days are good days for me. It’s truly stunning inbetween showers. :D

Posted
7 minutes ago, terrier said:

A lot of those showers are heading to the north of us unfortunately. 

Terrier, these showers are still coming from the NE direction, they’ve been going over Keighley quite a bit....

Posted

Everyone just needs to look at radar properly! Convection energy is transferring southwards. Look at the Humber now! Showers are now forming lines and really peppin up. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Radar looking good now. Somehow I still manage to be in line for the slightly lighter stuff, but glad I’m close enough to the coast to get some.

Hoping it carries on this way (or better) through the night!

Posted
14 minutes ago, boyzie said:

We had that too up in East Morton.  Amazing.  Can you imagine if we had that for hours!

If we get 7 or 8 of them I'll  be happy.

Radar watching.Must admit we don't look in a bad position atm.One approaching.

• Like 2