Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Finally getting a covering in Barnsley. Hopefully a sign of things to come, plenty on the radar

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow
18 minutes ago, Jules79 said:

Black sky about to engulf me in Scunthorpe...

Sat on the bank of the trent and spotted on cctv that the skies had darkened over scunny 

Much snow? 

Nothing more than the slightest of dustings at my workplace in Grenoside. Back home in Waterthorpe (S20) we have a cm or so from a recent heavy shower. Local variations at work!

Expecting minor top ups overnight and an ice risk.

Posted

This is how much we managed to get off the shower near Wakefield which has intensified whilst in the area,lasted 20 min there was no snow lying prior,going to be great if a few more showers can roll in.

873DD6A8-5D79-4FD4-9A78-752AA9BFFCC0.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer
4 minutes ago, snow*please said:

Haha Albert loves it too ??

20180227_172934.jpg

He's got more flakes on his face than I have in my garden. Lovely dog btw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
Just now, Decemberof2010 said:

He's got more flakes on his face than I have in my garden. Lovely dog btw

?...fingers crossed you get some this week ? 

aww thank you he is a little monkey at times but loves the snow as much as me haha 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Lincstim said:

Sat on the bank of the trent and spotted on cctv that the skies had darkened over scunny 

Much snow? 

Relatively heavy snow for about 5 or 10 mins, we'll see what the rest of the evening brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Radar looks to be picking up. Bigger showers starting to organize. Could this be it?! Also these showers are dropping quite a few cms. So thats not bad at all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Had a fair few showers through the day here but nothing of note, light dusting in some spots where it hasn't melted

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Radar looks to be picking up. Bigger showers starting to organize. Could this be it?! Also these showers are dropping quite a few cms. So thats not bad at all!

Had a direct hit from a small blob about 15mins ago. It didn't last long but really pelted it down while it lasted. If there are a few prolonged showers like that it could get interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Hoping the forecasts are right and at the least a top up/ few cm's appear as it suggests, maybe night time will help a slow build up of accumulations from these showers we can live in hope :D im clinging to the fact the shower size is a bit bigger

Edited by Imp81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Looks very active in the wash and off the coast of the North East but not a lot happening around the humber estuary ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well I give up just watched shower pass through. And over the valley it’s just bucketed it down. Unbelievable Jeff. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Piling up now if this is a sign of things to come for tonight and tomorrow.. I’ll have a foot in no time been snowing heavy for about 25mins and dumped about an inch.. amazing to watch.

3FFB7B0B-9D0C-4479-9B25-CEC109FA098C.png

we shud have all been sat here tonight excited about heaby frequent snow showers all nighy n all day tomorrw. even that was forecasted upto last night. yes euro4 showed heavy snow over us but no doubt thats changed. the met app has now dwngraded and there txt has too after the best update last night but then last nights update was wrong. and if friday they get a dumping dwn there then thats typical. 

temps wise by evening n night yes its a beast but not so by day. snow shouldnt struggle to settle in this so called sib air. but friday wud hav been no prb for us if wed have had all the snow showers bef4 hand. its great here with -3/-4 and 2inches of snow but nothing incoming apart from a little further north. the winds havent even swung easterly yet. so disapointing. and fri originally looked so so good didnt it. so a mega cold air source without a proper breakdwn just slowly milder. nxt year our region will win. oh no sorry it wont.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
1 minute ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Piling up now if this is a sign of things to come for tonight and tomorrow.. I’ll have a foot in no time been snowing heavy for about 25mins and dumped about an inch.. amazing to watch.

3FFB7B0B-9D0C-4479-9B25-CEC109FA098C.png

Im near cleckheaton/ dewsbury. Just missed those 2 big heavy showers. Was sandwiched inbetween. One went off to wakefield/barnsley and other was north of us. Still plenty action to come. Looks to be perking up radar

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
1 minute ago, sausage said:

we shud have all been sat here tonight excited about heaby frequent snow showers all nighy n all day tomorrw. even that was forecasted upto last night. yes euro4 showed heavy snow over us but no doubt thats changed. the met app has now dwngraded and there txt has too after the best update last night but then last nights update was wrong. and if friday they get a dumping dwn there then thats typical. 

temps wise by evening n night yes its a beast but not so by day. snow shouldnt struggle to settle in this so called sib air. but friday wud hav been no prb for us if wed have had all the snow showers bef4 hand. its great here with -3/-4 and 2inches of snow but nothing incoming apart from a little further north. the winds havent even swung easterly yet. so disapointing. and fri originally looked so so good didnt it. so a mega cold air source without a proper breakdwn just slowly milder. nxt year our region will win. oh no sorry it wont.

We all love a battered Sausage...:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

Well after the melt came... more snow. The temperature dropped pretty quick this afternoon. Ground froze, blob of snow come over and boom, white over again. Happy days! Looking forward to the evening dog walk later :D

https://ring.com/share/6527297928446428533

i know very much about the weather but i cant mke of this.. please can some experiened member inform me here please. why is yorks not getting lit up by snow whilst the north east is and yet the winds arent even easterly yet...?? we shud be a sweet spot i just dnt get it.

sausages anyone n a pint?!

• Like 1