Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
Just now, Tinker Bell said:

Yes they just mentioned this in north east thread. Met office are having problems as well!  Just off to watch the met office live Twitter feed at 1 with Claire nasir regarding the upcoming snow! 

Ahhhhh thanks ya little tinker! Might jump on that myself!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
11 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

You really are a bundle of laughs aren't you?  This spell had the potential to be one of the best for 30 years.

The mild air coming up this weekend has scuppered that I grant you but there is no reason why we still could not have had a week to rival March 2013 in terms of cold and snow is there?

In hindsight we won't but then speaking with hindsight is so much easier isnt it?!

I'm sorry I just get fed up with the constant doom mongering and told you so attitude.  If people want to take a half glass full attitude then let them!

Christ I'm off for a sausage sandwich and a lie down!  :angry:

I agree... ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL Warning

The dusting of snow is melting here

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, EastYorkie said:

Nice turn of phrase there. Impressive for a forum page tbh. I think you have a hidden writing talent.

I do actually love creative writing, I excelled at it in my school days in Hull :-)

Posted
1 minute ago, Jules79 said:

I do actually love creative writing, I excelled at it in my school days in Hull :-)

perhaps you should get a job with the Met Office Amber Warning Creative Writing Team !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

perhaps you should get a job with the Met Office Amber Warning Creative Writing Team !!!

to be fair i think their creative writing team is full! most creative writing i have ever read over last few days from the met ?

• Like 1

Posted

Surely some of the showers will blow inland later the winds already increased here in Morley and the wind chill as dropped to -2.3

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Ahhhhh thanks ya little tinker! Might jump on that myself!

My flash player needs updating! Let us know if they say anything worth a mention 

Posted
Just now, Tinker Bell said:

My flash player needs updating! Let us know if they say anything worth a mention 

usual tripe lol it will snow  blah lets see! :p sorry that was sarcy of me! .... 

Posted
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

usual tripe lol it will snow  blah lets see! :p sorry that was sarcy of me! .... 

No your correct... Utter tripe 

I have a feeling we may do better tomorrow... Looks like some beefy showers off Norway and with a more easterly flow we may just get a streamer or two... But don't hold me accountable for that lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Not even got my BIG coat on for work lol 

Just desperate for my mates little kids to get out and play in the snow something they have not had chance to do since they were born 

My little girl is only 11months so plenty of time for her to get the chance 

Posted

what lovely blue skies i have, aren't treated to this much blue in the summer normally ? 

All courtesy of the "beast" haha 

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder why the met office are having transmission problems.. It won't be snow stuck on their bloody aerial that's for sure

just thought I'd add... It's sunny outside with blue sky's and guess what it's snowing!!! Give me strength lol 

Edited by Tinker Bell

Posted

Even some parts of london got more snow than us!! like really! :p 

Right I will think happy thoughts and give it until tomorrow 5pm for us to get some decent covering! then I'm off to book a holiday to siberia next year! 

Posted

To be fair, the very cold uppers were never supposed to reach us till this afternoon onwards...it's normal for it to take a few days for the bitter cold to embed in. The complication is the potential breakdown on Friday. If it wasn't for that, and if we were looking at a 3 week cold spell, then we wouldn't have thought twice of what has occurred today or yesterday...My thoughts anyways.....

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

It seems Friday's Storm Emma is set to fail for us as the start time has gone from Thursday Night to 4:00pm Friday! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638077

they couldn't even get yesterday today right so I would pay no attention to them graphics! 

• Like 1

Posted

Quite suprised how much sunshine we have got usually Easterlies are quite cloudy and murky . The radar looks rubbish this afternoon looks interesting early hours of morning and tomorrow morning according to look North  let's wait and see. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Strewth so far an anti climax, whilst normally in Doncaster (where i live) stopping my Dads for a few days, was optimistic he lives near the Lincolnshire wolds, whilst theres been a few hefty 10 minute showers its too sporadic to really build up, though we have a light few cms covering, hoping the outlooks right and the showers pick up as the day and night go's on, two days off yesterday and today, i work outside on sports grounds/golf courses so hoping i can manage to wing it for the rest of the week :rofl:  radar seems erratic, though seems more intense showers forming so fingers crossed, anyway late lunch so time for sausage and egg muffins :D

• Like 1

Posted

The 510 line, 850's etc dont even hit our region until 3pm onwards guys. Ill do a naked dance in the peak gardens in Sheffield if we dont get a good covering of snow before thursday morning over most of the region!

• Like 2

Posted

I'm loving the sausage jokes today .. Every time someone mentions one it makes laugh

might do a sausage casserole for tea 

on a positive note the sun has disappeared and it's getting dark.. Light snow shower now 

Posted

from what i can gather now, the rest of the week, the heavier stuff is either north of us and south of us so im not hoping for anything now then that way i wont be miserable ? 

Posted

Winds have picked up here, quite a bit of snow blowing around and settling, it looks like there’s a few beefy showers blowing in off the Humber. The sky looks full of it.  To be fair throughout all of this the met office app has been the most reliable forecast throughout all of this for me (apart from the weather warnings ?)