Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

Yup as expected further upgrades with the Amber warning more south affecting parts of the north ad north east of our region with it extended to Thursday also.. 

Thanks for that Tayzi :D

Your welcome. Id love that just a tad further south though. Just to make sure. 

• Like 1

Not many showers coming in off the sea at the moment, although the good news is the wind has picked up. Well above freezing though. This mornings snow, well on its way to disappearing.

Radar not showing anything interesting either.

Edited by EastYorkie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Just had a snowball fight everything off target, need a propranolol to calm my heart beat. :) had to be done.

I will sneak out later and build a stock pile.

Posted

I can't believe how quickly it's melted, it's no beast from the east, not like winter 2010 where it was proper Baltic and things never melted for weeks. To say this has been hyped about for weeks!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting

Was surprised at the lack of N.Sea convection (and hence poor looking upstream shower generation for Yorkshire) for such a cold airmass so had a quick look at the 06z runs and surprised myself!

I had assumed that we were in the sub 510 dm air already but the charts indicate that this air isn't actually here yet. It is due to move in between 1500 and 1800 this PM and then hang around until tomorrow evening so this period seems by far the most likely for heavy shower generation for our area.

I'd be amazed if everybody doesn't have a decent covering by tomorrow morning at the latest!

• Like 2

Posted

This morning's 1cm cover is almost gone in the sunshine now . The temperature has risen far more than I expected considering the uppers, we're now up at 1.9C, which is actually warmer than yesterday.

The ice days were always supposed to be tomorrow and perhaps Thursday, but it isn't looking too likely is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well what a complete and utter bust. Even the snow on Friday doesn’t make it now. Warms up next week at least. So we can all go round to sausages house for a bbq. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

So the 'Beast' turns up sporting a pink hoody, skinny jeans and pristinely groomed facial hair. So far the beast is a bit of a snowflake.
Its been snowing in some form non stop since yesterday afternoon and still theres only a good covering. I've never seen so many different types of snow, last night was constant sparkling talcum powder. The Beast is coming.....Be afraid they said.  I've got 40 gallons of milk in the back yard, i thought it would be frozen day and night but the suns turning it to cottage cheese.

Posted

Oddly even though it's been snowing most of the morning, there's been a fair bit of melting on paths and roads. Wonder when it starts to cool off again?

Posted

A winter of near misses in South Yorkshire. Lots of falling snow and generally a cold winter, but only small accumulations. More frustrating in many ways than a full on zonal winter, least expectations would have been low!

Still time to rescue it tomorrow though!

Posted

Yellow warning now issued for tomorrow! you watch now! we will get more snow from this than we did today :p 

38 Miles outside the amber warning! so a slight move south would be good please :) 

Between 00:05 Wed 28th and 23:55 Wed 28th

Heavy snow showers are expected on Wednesday. There is the potential for travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, as well as delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may also occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 11.52.44.png

Edited by LeeSnowFan
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

WARNING MEGA SNOW IN SHEFFIELD CRISIS DECLARED

IMG_20180227_115501.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
5 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Yellow warning now issued for tomorrow! you watch now! we will get more snow from this than we did today :p 

38 Miles outside the amber warning! so a slight move south would be good please :) 

Between 00:05 Wed 28th and 23:55 Wed 28th

Heavy snow showers are expected on Wednesday. There is the potential for travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, as well as delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may also occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 11.52.44.png

I think yellow warning is someone taking the jaffa cakes literally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Don’t know why I bothered clearing the path way... 

39D1D0AF-F1EA-4567-891C-20ADAC3F88BC.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy!

Aha direct hit. Only powdery pellets in the strong wind accompanying. 

Cheers Glenn 

20180227_115531.jpg

20180227_115541.jpg

20180227_115802.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Absolutely rubbish so far.  Bit of wet snow melting in what is fairly strong sunlight. Feels spring like walking back from the shops.  This is just like any other cold snap, nothing spectacular. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, memories of 63 said:

Are you up on the Chevin?

No Addingham Moorside.. ?.

Road has just been ploughed and Re gritted.. Still -0.5c here Showers have been going on all morning recent ones have added to the snow and started covering the road again. I expect a big freeze starting this evening then the potential of some more organisationed showers tonight and into tomorrow. Might miss me but if they don’t it will be getting a little worse for ware up here. Glad I’ve stocked up on everything.. Gas been the most essential im so happy I ordered two new bottles on Wednesday last week in preparation. :cold::rofl:

Posted
8 minutes ago, tornado tams said:

viewP2270192.thumb.JPG.d0f841f3984b6369640cc228628fbdb2.JPGs from my windows this morning. 

P2270194.JPG

P2270196.JPG

Nice pic buddy ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Has anywhere in the country been buried yet? Or had 5cm even? 
I was just looking at the photos in my Album from 22/23 March 2013, now that was an event and almost a month later than this 'Beastly Attack' 
The farmers had to dig the roads out and a couple of miles away on the back roads towards Holmfirth it was like driving through tunnels 2 and 3 times highrer than the car.
This event isn't really worth the noise its getting, but i suppose the South is forecast a covering so the sensationalism goes wild.

• Like 3