Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

3 Distinct heavy bands now over Yorkshire moving inland. Should mean everywhere will get a few cm's in next few hours.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, EastYorkie said:

Respectfully mate, what are you looking at? 

The radar is not showing any 'streamers' anywhere near Rotherham. from what we can see you ain't going to get 10cms.

At the moment the radar is showing a couple of bands of showers coming in off the North Sea, lying North to South and petering out as they come inland. 'Sreamers' would be orientated. East to West and there are none of those showing.

A 'streamer' is the holy grail and I truly hope you get one, but it doesn't look like it at the moment, so I don't see why you are suggesting that parts of South Yorkshire will get 10cms. Its unlikely today.

At the moment overnight and into tomorrow are likely to be the best times for snow in your part of the world. Hopefully, I live near the East Coast and I will get some snow today. Had a couple of showers this morning, about 2cm worth but currently the sun is out and the snow is melting. Thats my reality. 

Im looking at the second band currently showing signs of back building and reorientating. Wait and see the flow is alligning but agree on tonights potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
18 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

We might all be patients soon - in a psychiatric ward if this doesn't deliver lol ? 

???. God damn predictive text... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...
1 minute ago, Hope2view said:

If Sausage is out there - please may I join your club mate?

Behind me in the queue! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Starting to look a lot better in eastern Yorkshire (home when I'm not at Southampton uni)>

I think yesterday didn't see much in the way of snow because the atmosphere was pretty stable but the stability is decreasing today. Expect showers to merge into bands in the north sea as they approach land.

With convection increasing through the day and further declining stability the bands should get more intense. The atmosphere should be ripe for heavier snow tomorrow.

Decent little band just crossed hull and a large blob heading to Lincoln. Looks like its finally picking up.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Please ignore my 5am moan, I went back to bed and awoke to lovely heavy snow, the main road across the Wolds is covered too with compacted snow, my windows are splattered once I work out how to post pics ,will send some. It has stopped now but lovely tall towering clouds heading my way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
18 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

Well we got a further update yesterday to amber, and it meant nothing so I think most won't be holding their breath even if we do. 

Are you thinking we will do well? I hope you're right mate 

I think we definitely have potential to do well.. its always been about today onwards when the winds start to drive in that really cold air.  The system that came through this morning was a bonus I know some are disappointed as it went slightly more north however I stand by what I said earlier I fully expect at least 4” lying widely for our region. 

Given the Powder nature of the snow due to how cold the air is a lot of snow drifts especially in higher communities. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think looking at those showers out to the east should start to push well in land soon. Hopefully west and South Yorkshire will be back in the game. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Hope2view said:

If Sausage is out there - please may I join your club mate?

Sausage for President !! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The sun is out now - and the temperature in rocketing accordingly. Feels pleasant and spring-like in that strong late February sun. Might even catch a tan.

2 minutes ago, terrier said:

Think looking at those showers out to the east should start to push well in land soon. Hopefully west and South Yorkshire will be back in the game. :cold:

They are probably going to peter out as they come inland during the day anyway. The winds are quite light here on the East Coast at the moment and wouldn't suggest they would move inland with much intensity. Once they get over the Yorkshire Wolds, then snowfall will be much less.

Just on my third snow shower of the day but radar showing nothing much after that at the moment.

Just hope the forecast is accurate for overnight and tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Didn’t do well overnight, around 1-2cm at most. Then got a really beefy shower an hour or two ago, quickly followed by another, and now the grass is covered and there’s about 8cm on solid surfaces!

Perfect start to the day. ?

Posted

Well our 5 year wait for measurable lying snow is now officially over. Its just a shame its only 1cm! Hopefully the showers pep up soon as the sunshine is starting to get to work and I can hear the dreaded 'drip drip'. 

Currently 0.1C after a low of -1.4C overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
9 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

00Z Euro 4 

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.27.48.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.27.54.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.27.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.28.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.28.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.28.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 09.28.18.png

The one or 2 schools that have opened round here could see their headteachers being in trouble if that comes off as per the radar. Lunacy they opened given its about 5-10cm's widely, side roads unpassable and looks like possibly another 5cm+ coming by midday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

I see no streamer apart from one  on the south east coast 

And looking at the shower activity what my area is getting now is probably the worst / beat it will get 

Edited by Lincstim