Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Some people do get knickers in an twist there was no widespread snow showers  forcast today was there? just flurries which is what were getting thought main action was tomorrow and Wednesday for heavier more prolonged showers or possibly streamers. 

• Like 7

Posted
1 minute ago, Hull snow said:

This was looking like a memorable spell for the east now a possible damp squib anyone think otherwise ?

No the Easterlies don't start properly till tomorrow this is the transition phase. Enjoy whatever we get today before tonight first band of heavy snow!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!
4 minutes ago, sausage said:

they wont update the met warnings later. we were all hoping they would but havent.

If you haven’t noticed they are slightly busy at the moment. Expect they’re leaving tomorrow’s amber warning update until this afternoon so they have more model data. Would be very surprised if it’s not at least updated before tomorrow.

Posted

Winds certainly starting to change now and the temp dropping to minus 1 think everyone needs to calm down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Showers expected in get heavier and more widespread in the next few hours.

Especially after dark.:)

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone got a link to a reliable radar.

Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, Tony M said:

Looks like I'll have fun driving to work in the Howardian Hills tomorrow morning. Might finally get to use the snow shovel that I bought 5 years ago.

image.thumb.png.78e17b9db6edfde57f17238f947065a0.png

Safe journey Tony, if its bad no doubt A64 will be at a standstill from Whitwell onwards. Always best to go the Stamford Bridge road to Malton if its snowy. Nice and quiet and snowy roads to yourself (winter tyres necessary).

Posted
2 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

Thanks.

Netweathers radar is by far the best avaliable

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Everyone needs to Remember yesterday the forecasts was for showers to start coming into eastern coasts spreading a few inland later in the day. 

The warning is there for the lucky/unlucky folk which ever way you look at it that end up with the Most persistent showers (They’ve never said everyone)  I was shocked to find this morning showers spreading so far west which some are currently experiencing and could end up with a couple of inch by the end of the night while some of us will get just a dusting or nothing lying at all. This has always been the forcast. Even tomorrow’s forcast it not an all snow event some will miss out or not get what they want if it’s extreme depths you are looking for some will do well again that’s always been the forcast it’s not indefinite for everyone same applies for Wednesday on Thursday. The forcast has been and I quote “ Different Areas will receive snowfall on different days “ as the wind changes direction slightly. 

For all the guys in here that are expecting an all snow event with several hours of persistent snow then you want to be watching the Fridays run to materialise for our area not the forecasts for Monday - Thursday as so far have always been showers with the potential of some mergin to create longer spell for some not ALL but on the strengthening winds could become heavier and more widespread...  :wallbash:

Posted

Run the sequences over the next 18 hours on the GFS H500 and see where the light and darker blues are you will see were in a green area (which means less instability and cloud tops lower) you can see through the day these colours become darker shades of blue (which means more instability and higher clouds) heavier showers. Just wait and be patient

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

Winds certainly starting to change now and the temp dropping to minus 1 think everyone needs to calm down.

Really, its gone upto 2.2c here from 1.2c earlier.

Posted
1 minute ago, richardc1983 said:

Just looked it's gone upto 1.6c now with a wind chill of 0.2c. 

Posted
1 minute ago, richardc1983 said:

By 6pm temps should be back just around 0.oC. in your location with a brisk wind development 

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

Are some people on here just trying to wind people up? Not much was ever supposed to fall from the sky today in fact I have seen more snow than any forecast showed for me today, I thought I was impatient until I have read a few people's comments on here recently

• Like 7

Posted

The sky near me looking very dark darkess its been all day...

out to the East anyone else observed. This in your locations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: NLCs and Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Safe journey Tony, if its bad no doubt A64 will be at a standstill from Whitwell onwards. Always best to go the Stamford Bridge road to Malton if its snowy. Nice and quiet and snowy roads to yourself (winter tyres necessary).

Winter tyres are on :) I'm actually heading just north of Castle Howard. The hill up Mains Lane from Barton crossroads is probably going to be the tricky bit. The Stamford Bridge road might be the safer option.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

Thanks.

Rainalarm is a good app.

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

Thanks.

I have got nw snow radar and nw storm radar installed, in this situation where anything falling from the sky is snow I find the storm radar is best as it shows the intensity of the snow that's falling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'm having great fun counting the individual snow flakes as they fall :rofl:.  More snow than I expected so far today but none settling.  I did get a bit excited when we had a real flurry earlier.  Just the appetizer for the rest of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Tony M said:

Winter tyres are on :) I'm actually heading just north of Castle Howard. The hill up Mains Lane from Barton crossroads is probably going to be the tricky bit. The Stamford Bridge road might be the safer option.

The Stamford Bridge road is no good if your off to Castle Howard area, wrong direction! If Mains Lane hill is bad carry on the A64 into Malton them take a left just after the industrial estate which brings you back on yourself to Castle Howard via Coneysthorpe. Il be in Manchester area working tomorrow morning, hoping to come home around lunchtime to a winter wonderland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy!

Hi all, getting bitterly colder and colder here at Spurn Point with a direct Easterly blowing in of the Nth Sea. Smattering of flurries on and off throughout the day

Cheers Glenn 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think some need to relax abit. Today was never forecast for widespread snowfall. Into the early hours and tomorrow morning look more favourable though. Think by tomorrow morning some should have at least 2-5cm.