Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Morning all. 

light patchy covering here already! :) this week should be fab! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Still hail here so everything keeps melting and now the BBC foreast for brid says a spell of heavy rain tonight ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

Just had a snow shower and we now have a light dusting on the ground. The first layer of many hopefully :D:cold:

It's typically beasterly snow (dry and powdery). You won't be making very good snowballs or snowmen with it.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Snowing enough here to already be white over. Given we don't even have a warning at all for us, then its unexpected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Clouding over again here! lets hope a more prolonged heavy shower is on the way :) 

fingers crossed but it needs to wait until i have got kids to school ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Bloody hell radars come to life in north sea. Could get interesting next couple hours. Bit earlier than anticipated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
6 minutes ago, snow*please said:

fingers crossed but it needs to wait until i have got kids to school ? 

Im driving over to barnsley today for a funeral this afternoon. Will be interesting getting back to west yorks

Posted
31 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Not where I am, in fact the sun has come out!

Give it chance already lots of shower activity and it's not even a direct easterly flow yet.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Still hail here so everything keeps melting and now the BBC foreast for brid says a spell of heavy rain tonight ??

Wouldn't take much notice of BBC weather I don't know where they get their data but accuracy has dropped right off recently. Met office are saying snow right up until Saturday morning, turning to rain lunchtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

@sausage Morning bro I don’t want to sit here and say I told you so etc. But from a fellow West Yorkshire man to another you should never under estimate the Beast which is the East. I’ve woke up this morning to a light covering with snow falling. Ok it’s not the 10” we are looking for “Yet” but I didn’t expect to be waking up to anything today a few isolated showers was forecast inland and it seems now we have a good period of very light snow with more incoming throughout the day. 

Bearing in mind this is meant to be the calmest day of the forseable for us over West it just proves what the east can deliver. Truly exciting times if you like Cold and lots of snow for the coming Week/Weeks to come. But just remember to keep an eye on the vulnerable.. :friends:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

@sausage Morning bro I don’t want to sit here and say I told you so etc. But from a fellow West Yorkshire man to another you should never under estimate the Beast which is the East. I’ve woke up this morning to a light covering with snow falling. Ok it’s not the 10” we are looking for “Yet” but I didn’t expect to be waking up to anything today a few isolated showers was forecast inland and it seems now we have a good period of very light snow with more incoming throughout the day. 

Bearing in mind this is meant to be the calmest day of the forseable for us over West it just proves what the east can deliver. Truly exciting times if you like Cold and lots of snow for the coming Week/Weeks to come. But just remember to keep an eye on the vulnerable.. :friends:

hey. fully agree. slight dusting here. very slight. just keeping everythong crossed that the gfs is correct on tonight!! 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, sausage said:

hey. fully agree. slight dusting here. very slight. just keeping everythong crossed that the gfs is correct on tonight!! 

Today is a new day! lets enjoy the ride for EVERYONE!!! :) you will see some snow! :) 

• Like 1