Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Snowing lightly here in Skelmanthorpe. Radar looks good for next couple of hours at least, unless something screwy happens when the sun rises...

Edited by Snowday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
19 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Get in :) was quite worried that tuesday mornings snow might miss my part of west yorkshire but latest gfs has heavier stuff well over leeds now and affecting most of yorkshire!

And radar this morning looks banging!

Yes this looks encouraging for the early hours of tomorrow morning

5a939512a0ad2_shower8.JPG.515471b6137a34f1f6b2473f8338d124.thumb.jpg.3056b8867f490b153fc966f16a2c84da.jpg

6 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Oh early risers on here all ready ?️?️?️?️ I've not looked out the window yet  too scared 

Yes a thin layer already on the ground here and much more to come looking at the radar!  :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Very thin covering in Bempton with very light little flakes coming down now and then. Similar all the way to the station in Scarborough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Wow!  Just wow!

Today:

Very cold with scattered snow showers continuing to push in on the easterly breeze. Although mostly light initially, these showers will become increasing heavy and widespread through the afternoon. These will be interspersed with bright or sunny intervals. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:

Snow showers continuing through the night, interspersed with clear spells. A widespread, sharp frost will form. More persistent and heavy snow is likely later in the night, bringing significant accumulations. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

Tuesday:

Frequent, heavy snow showers will continue throughout the day, bringing further significant accumulations. It will feel bitterly cold with a brisk easterly wind developing. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Bitterly cold and turning increasingly windy, with penetrating night frosts. Frequent, occasionally heavy snow showers giving significant accumulations, with some drifting, with a risk of more persistent snow on Friday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Wow!  Just wow!

Today:

Very cold with scattered snow showers continuing to push in on the easterly breeze. Although mostly light initially, these showers will become increasing heavy and widespread through the afternoon. These will be interspersed with bright or sunny intervals. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:

Snow showers continuing through the night, interspersed with clear spells. A widespread, sharp frost will form. More persistent and heavy snow is likely later in the night, bringing significant accumulations. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

Tuesday:

Frequent, heavy snow showers will continue throughout the day, bringing further significant accumulations. It will feel bitterly cold with a brisk easterly wind developing. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Bitterly cold and turning increasingly windy, with penetrating night frosts. Frequent, occasionally heavy snow showers giving significant accumulations, with some drifting, with a risk of more persistent snow on Friday.

:cold::yahoo::cold::yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Stopped now. Hopefully some more will pep up a bit later...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Absolutely Baltic out there this morning. Nice dusting of snow already. Tomorrow’s potential seems to have increased looking at graphics on bbc this morning. Think we could have a very interesting week coming up. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Barking_Mad said:

I remain a bit skeptical, especially about Friday. Hope I'm wrong.... 

Friday long way off next few days look fun.

Posted

My face was royally stinging in the cold walking to the train station, was lightly snowing. I'll be monitoring things today whilst in York to make sure I can get back to Scunthorpe!

Posted

Light covering here this morning. Snowing fairly heavily now. Looking forward to this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
7 minutes ago, Hope2view said:

Why, hoping to book the day off work and do not want to waste the day - thanks 

Skeptical for Leeds, I'm sure other places will get a pasting from these North Sea showers. Just a hunch. 

Posted
Just now, Barking_Mad said:

Skeptical for Leeds, I'm sure other places will get a pasting from these North Sea showers. Just a hunch. 

Once the winds increase the showers will easily hit Leeds. Already Snowing in Leeds now.

• Like 1

Posted

What is unusual is that individual snowflakes are settling with zero melt on impact. Looks like any snow falling will last for a while. Radar looks promising for later today too.

Posted

The train seems quieter today, I think people must be worried about the weather. I left some snow behind in Scunthorpe but it hasn't come as far inland as Thorne or Doncaster yet.

Posted

The train seems quieter today, I think people must be worried about the weather. I left some snow behind in Scunthorpe but it hasn't come as far inland as Thorne or Doncaster yet.