Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

All looking very good for here. Snow forecast by met all week. 6 hours heavy snow tues and 48 hours of snow friday/sat with 12 hours heavy!!! Ill take that!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, BA Baracus said:

Any decent webcams over on the east coast where us landlubbers can see the first flakes arriving?

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/UK/Bridlington/Webcam.htm

Shows Reighton, near the Dotterill, local snow magnet, several days so far this year Bempton was clear, but laying snow around the Dotterill

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, mike57 said:

I am certainly planning for travel difficulties this week, I can work from home for a couple of days, but as I said earlier I have a day trip to Preston planned for Wednesday. My wife has a hospital appointment Tuesday in Scarborough, and it doesnt take much snow to put Scarborough into gridlock. Other than that I'll make sure camera batteries are charged. If there is a more southerly shift in the wind direction then I think we will get less snow here, but other areas over the wolds will get more.

It doesn’t take much snow to gridlock Sheffield either. And our road will be completely cut off very swiftly, even though two streets away continues as normal. It’s a dead end on a hill and the next road down is another steep hill so as soon as it snows that us on public trNsport again - or trudging through snow. Which reminds me, must dig out the yaktraxs...

Posted

At the end of the day the way I see it is it's a great opportunity to observe the complex and unpredictable nature of the weather on the planet we live on in this crazy universe, if we get snow it'll be fun and if we don't get it then it's all good in da hood because i'm getting into spring mode and I look forward to longer, milder days and the flowers and greenery coming back.

And being honest nobody really wants loads of snow, it bites us all on the backside too much in this country, it's too problematic for many people that rely on home carers visiting, attending hospital appointments and a whole other host of other things that snow causes problems with. It's exciting to look at and get but a few inches makes me happy, even a few cm ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
Just now, Jules79 said:

And being honest nobody really wants loads of snow, it bites us all on the backside too much in this country, it's too problematic for many people that rely on home carers visiting, attending hospital appointments and a whole other host of other things that snow causes problems with. It's exciting to look at and get but a few inches makes me happy, even a few cm ;-)

Speak for yourself :wink: I commute to work and still want snow measured in feet :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

I did wonder earlier but now we know. You're a troll trying to incite a reaction. I'm embarrassed enough trying to counter your ridiculous claims. I'm not letting individuals spoil what is going to be a memorable week. Bye! :blink2:

I did wonder that also.  Think I'll just set to ignore!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

I've gone to the expense of  £437.99 for the best winter tyres. 

I better bloody snow now:aggressive:

Posted
1 minute ago, PerfectStorm said:

Speak for yourself :wink: I commute to work and still want snow measured in feet :D

Depends how good your local council is at clearing it - ours went into hiding when 2010 dumped 2ft on us, we couldn't get the cars off our road for a good while, thing is it's that compacted snow that turns into an ice rink that I hate! It's ace innit when it's floofy and pretty but people insist on walking and driving on it and making it horrible ;-)

Posted
10 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Any decent webcams over on the east coast where us landlubbers can see the first flakes arriving?

That’s a point back in 2010 us Sheffielders were watching the traffic cams (until Sheffield CC shut them off)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
2 minutes ago, Jules79 said:

Depends how good your local council is at clearing it - ours went into hiding when 2010 dumped 2ft on us, we couldn't get the cars off our road for a good while, thing is it's that compacted snow that turns into an ice rink that I hate! It's ace innit when it's floofy and pretty but people insist on walking and driving on it and making it horrible ;-)

I saw a group of kids trample into a nice area of untouched snow and it was agonising. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Our local council gritters have rude hand gestures waved at them if they don't do a good job. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

35 members online now reading!! most in ages. :)

BRING IT ON!! :cold::cold:

• Like 4

Posted
12 minutes ago, mike57 said:

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/UK/Bridlington/Webcam.htm

Shows Reighton, near the Dotterill, local snow magnet, several days so far this year Bempton was clear, but laying snow around the Dotterill

Sorry this one doesnt seem to be updating at the moment, try https://www.webcams.travel/webcam/1394528762-Weather-Filey-Webcam-Filey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I saw a group of kids trample into a nice area of untouched snow and it was agonising. :rofl:

Even worse when there's not much snow and someone builds a snowman - you end up with huge gaps of bare ground! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Here is a link.  Look for the A169 Blue Bank cameras, which are in Sleights on the edge of the North Yorks Moors just inland from Whitby.

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/road-cameras-and-weather-conditions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kathryn Atkin said:

That’s a point back in 2010 us Sheffielders were watching the traffic cams (until Sheffield CC shut them off)

Were we in a straight easterly for 2010?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
24 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

There is a met office warning for amber in my area. Yet the BBC weather has me down for light snow flurries Monday  Tuesday  Wednesday...

Imo the BBC are to unreliable they've lost the plot .

They'd be more accurate hanging seaweed out of the window 

I've only got light snow (with sunshine!)  between 6am and 9am on Tuesday. Aside from that there isn't any before Friday. Makes a bit of a mockery of a warning. Maybe it will be different on the days in question I know it's hard to forecast, it's just annoying when they don't marry up! MetO is much better.  

Edited by Barking_Mad
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

35 members online now reading!! most in ages. :)

BRING IT ON!! :cold::cold:

It’s sooooo addictive. Beats Facebook. And the ironing

• Like 1

Posted

I expect us guys in North Yorkshire and folks in East Yorkshire to start seeing snow showers moving in around 2am in the morning. 

• Like 1

Posted

Mrs sorepaw will have to tolerate the curtains open tonight. 

She's so understanding bless her lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

6am and Noon! Tuesday 

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 18.07.43.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 18.07.48.png

Shows a rash of snow showers ready to pile in on a strengthening easterly flow afterwards, too! :D