Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Get ready for lots of snow as the Easterly set in, snow showers from tonight onwards and getting more disruptive as time goes on with severe drifting, sub zero maxima and penetrating frosts!!..very fun week ahead and I actually think we will get an interesting countryfile forecast later today..for the first time in years!!!:D:shok::cold:

2010? yeh were gonna beat it!! :p excited!!!! :p 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

Get ready for lots of snow as the Easterly set in, snow showers from tonight onwards and getting more disruptive as time goes on with severe drifting, sub zero maxima and penetrating frosts!!..very fun week ahead and I actually think we will get an interesting countryfile forecast later today..for the first time in years!!!:D:shok::cold:

Yes I'm looking to it myself... 18.30 bbc if anyone's interested 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Good to see you in here Frosty. We could use some of your positivity :D

It's gonna be a fun ride next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
1 hour ago, sausage said:

okay everyone just to prove my point. look at the amber warning for frquent snow showers in north east upto scotland. misses us again because of a south east wind. we will be left with nothing i promise you!! 

What ever you think or happens, is there really any need to throw your toys out of pram like a school kid! Your totally misinterpreting  the models and weather for this week. Analysing one run and nit picking. It makes me not want to come on here tbh and makes it so unreadable! Snow hasnt even arrived yet! Instead of moaning over and over again, at least try to listen to the more knowledgable people on here or attempt to back up your opinions! Its really grating on some people and myself.

Edited by Snowjokes92
  • Like 5

Posted

I think people are underestimating tomorrow's potential. 5-10cm warning is there for a reason. We're looking at nearly 24 hours of radar watching from midnight tonight which if you catch enough showers will comfortably put down at least 5cm's anywhere in Yorkshire. This before the shortwave even hits. We had -12 uppers in 2010 and we know what happened then.. ... Be very surprised!!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, inghams85 said:

I think people are underestimating tomorrow's potential. 5-10cm warning is there for a reason. We're looking at nearly 24 hours of radar watching from midnight tonight which if you catch enough showers will comfortably put down at least 5cm's anywhere in Yorkshire. This before the shortwave even hits. We had -12 uppers in 2010 and we know what happened then.. ... Be very surprised!!

and the best part is, it's going to be so cold for rest of the week the snow won't be going anywhere fast! so it will look pretty outside all week! :) enjoyyyyyyy 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

And moaning about tuesday snow and coming to conclusion that it doesnt look as promising is ridiculous, especially when we will see convective snow tuesday afternoon and rest of week. So tuesday will continue to be an interesting day in terms of snow after the front from the north sea has passed through. Its same people moaning before the event, but quick to make back yard analysises when the snow hits and how much snow is falling etc and how exciting it is... its so tedious... just bl**dy enjoy it! Winter finishes technically in a few weeks.

Edited by Snowjokes92
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

and the best part is, it's going to be so cold for rest of the week the snow won't be going anywhere fast! so it will look pretty outside all week! :) enjoyyyyyyy 

Indeed! Tomorrow would be an amber but because showers will be so hit and miss they cant actually work out where. What i will say is when they sit the streamers set up expect last minute Amber warnings. Thats what I've been told from the horses mouth anyway!

Edited by inghams85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Get ready for lots of snow as the Easterly sets in, snow showers from tonight onwards and getting more disruptive as time goes on with severe drifting, sub zero maxima and penetrating frosts!!..very fun week ahead and I actually think we will get an interesting countryfile forecast later today..for the first time in years!!!:D:shok::cold:

What time is the forcast on please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
5 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Indeed! Tomorrow would be a red but because showers will be so hit and miss they cant actually work out where. What i will say is when they sit the streamers set up expect last minute Amber warnings. Thats what I've been told from the horses mouth anyway!

Teasing us again!  :D

Can't wait for this week personally.  The depth of cold and windchill is going to be epic and hopefully the snowfall will be the cherry on the top!

What a time to be alive!  :cold::yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, boyzie said:

What time is the forcast on please?

Countryfile starts at 18.30 and finishes at 19.30:)..think the forecast is at 19.25 approx.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow
1 hour ago, Jules79 said:

I'm under the amber warning but it's still nothing to go on, had previous amber warnings this winter that have amounted to nothing although they were weather fronts from the west so a beast from the east could be more interesting. Not that I really want another winter 2010 to be fair.

are you up on the Wolds too?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Countryfile starts at 18.30 and finishes at 19.30:)..think the forecast is at 19.25 approx.

It's usually 10 mins or so from the end so tune in at 7.15 to make sure you don't miss it! Hopefully a decent forecaster. Philip Avery did breakfast so won't be him.... Chris Falkes would be good for snow ramping!

Posted

Some of the rail companies are already talking of potentially reducing / cancelling services due to the expected wintry conditions, I travel from North Lincs to York on Mondays and Tuesdays by train for work so i'll have to really monitor things and take care not to get stranded :cc_confused: 

Luckily i'm home based the rest of the week so I can get out and about to sites, i'm due to be supervising a job outside in Beverley on Weds morning, be interesting to see if the weather puts the kibosh on it - i shall have to wear a good few layers if it does all go ahead as planned.

Posted
3 minutes ago, tornado tams said:

are you up on the Wolds too?

I'm a Yorkshire girl living in Scunthorpe, my partner works in Lincoln so he is also going to have to be careful not to get stuck anywhere if the weather turns as bad it sounds it could.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Does a humber stream run from humber to south yorks/west yorks in a typical easterly does anyone know?

Oh, I hope so...

Posted

Looks like some significant snow this week for us. If the wind is North of East the cliffs at Bempton which are 400 ft seem to amplify the showers, that was certainly our experience in 2010. We had more snow than Scarborough further up the coast. I have an early start for a day in Preston Wednesday,  I wonder what my journey will be like. Good potential for thundersnow.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Jules79 said:

Some of the rail companies are already talking of potentially reducing / cancelling services due to the expected wintry conditions, I travel from North Lincs to York on Mondays and Tuesdays by train for work so i'll have to really monitor things and take care not to get stranded :cc_confused: 

Luckily i'm home based the rest of the week so I can get out and about to sites, i'm due to be supervising a job outside in Beverley on Weds morning, be interesting to see if the weather puts the kibosh on it - i shall have to wear a good few layers if it does all go ahead as planned.

Wednesday 

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 16.07.53.png

• Like 1

Posted

There has been a trend over the last couple of days to veer the wind to a more south easterly rather than straight easterly by weds. It's hard to complain at the synoptics on offer but this trend will reduce the chances of large falls of snow as it is a much drier air source. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

ARPEGE 12z models Tuesday morning's precipitation further north...

arpegeuk-1-41-0.png?25-17

That's a good correction. However, this model's performance recently has been dire unfortunately.