Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

The Met Office warning system is based on impact and probability and at the moment that puts the Amber warning where it is based on the Euro 4 output, but it’s still a model, it isn’t a guarantee.  When Amber Warnings have been issued in the past they’ve changed, moved, grown and shrunk often within hours notice.  Hardly good reason to throw a wobbly - I’ll bet it changes, probably more than once before the event.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

https://twitter.com/TheSnowDreamer/status/967729974240272385

ok , so i dont know how to copy and paste a tweet lol , yorkshire should not have any problems at all with a much longer sea track @sausage

Edited by bryan629

Posted
4 minutes ago, sausage said:

okay everyone just to prove my point. look at the amber warning for frquent snow showers in north east upto scotland. misses us again because of a south east wind. we will be left with nothing i promise you!! 

Yes all the way up the coast but misses us in Leeds although we still are under a yellow warning.

Posted

I'm under the amber warning but it's still nothing to go on, had previous amber warnings this winter that have amounted to nothing although they were weather fronts from the west so a beast from the east could be more interesting. Not that I really want another winter 2010 to be fair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
4 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Also confusing is the temps it's 6c here in Leeds today it was colder in the week.

The cold air doesn’t fully start settling in until later today and over night into tomorrow the coldest of which will arrive on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Posted

now an amber warning issued for thursday... north yorkshire only ...apart from north east as well . 

Edited by bryan629

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jules79 said:

The warnings seem to be evolving by the hour!

Indeed! I think were gonna see upgrades and downgrades and upgrades with warnings! Would be nice for a RED to be issued :p 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Red would probably be issued for a Thames streamer... xD!

Posted

@julesyes they are... a bit confuzzling really as Thursday has the coldest uppers and a strengthening wind due to low pressure down south.. would have thought showers by then would be really pepped up and driven right over to west coast. I think the whole of the east side of England should be under an Amber. or maybe im expecting too much from a lake effect :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

This looks promising for Midnight tomorrow night;

5a92c5179ef1a_snow4.JPG.2ef46ed2c297f4e224ec8272eb05162f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Afternoon gang :)

Just come back from the morning out and had a few pages to read in here, good to see it lively!

Im still hopefull we'll all do well, loads of showers to come this week.

Remember im off to Scotland tomorrow lol so im hoping i come back to a decent blanket of snow at the end of the week.......and a potential blizzard Friday might make my journey interesting as I approach home haha

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Winter Cold said:

Afternoon gang :)

Just come back from the morning out and had a few pages to read in here, good to see it lively!

Im still hopefull we'll all do well, loads of showers to come this week.

Remember im off to Scotland tomorrow lol so im hoping i come back to a decent blanket of snow at the end of the week.......and a potential blizzard Friday might make my journey interesting as I approach home haha

Some parts of scotland have just been issued with an amber as well! so you could get the best of both! :) enjoy 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

and what would the chances be of that happening by end of the week??? 

I'd say anything is possible, it usually happens with easterlies proper!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

2.6c here in the brilliant sunshine.  12 hours or so to go until the Beast arrives!  :cold:

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

2.6c here in the brilliant sunshine.  12 hours or so to go until the Beast arrives!  :cold:

It's quite exciting! debating weather to do some late night radar watching lol or just get up and be surprised! .... hmmmm

Posted
1 hour ago, sausage said:

ive had enough. snow is my love and im nearly in tears!! looks like nothing for eastern parts of west yorks as usual all the time. miss the amber area and miss the snow at end of week and snow showers wont pile in on a south east wind and all the streamers set up in the north east. massive let dwn. i just look stupid now telling people prior. i was so so excited yesterday. looks like its back to a few snow showers from the north west next year. great.  all this was a total waste of time.

You serious sausage????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, sausage said:

ive had enough. snow is my love and im nearly in tears!! looks like nothing for eastern parts of west yorks as usual all the time. miss the amber area and miss the snow at end of week and snow showers wont pile in on a south east wind and all the streamers set up in the north east. massive let dwn. i just look stupid now telling people prior. i was so so excited yesterday. looks like its back to a few snow showers from the north west next year. great.  all this was a total waste of time.

You either need to take a deep breath and look at the reality of the situation (nothing has happened yet and we/'the professionals' are interpreting weather models) or alternatively you need to find another hobby instead of following the weather.  

Constant tantrums like a pre-school toddler aren't going to change anything!  Yes we all love cold weather and snow, otherwise I doubt we would be here, but these are the best synoptics for years and certainly the best since I joined Netweather in 2009.

As always with these situations where convective snow showers are involved some people will see much more accumulated snow than others.  Some might get lucky under a streamer and get 4-8 inches whilst 20 miles down the road there may be nothing.  It was similar in 2010, in Barnsley we did quite well and got about 8 inches but my parents in Chesterfield measured 17 inches in the top in their wheelie bin!  

And in all likelihood it will be the same this time as the wind moves between SE and NE, offering most parts of our region some snow in some of the days ahead.  Friday continues to look interesting with a possible huge amount of snow, but it may be that is doesn't quite make it to our region.  Time will tell! 

Either way, I say bring it on and let's enjoy the cold and maybe snow! ?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Get ready for lots of snow as the Easterly sets in, snow showers from tonight onwards and getting more disruptive as time goes on with severe drifting, sub zero maxima and penetrating frosts!!..very fun week ahead and I actually think we will get an interesting countryfile forecast later today..for the first time in years!!!:D:shok::cold:

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1