Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
14 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Jesus just been outside. Isnt that easterly breeze so bitter. Cnt even feel my fingers. Feels more like -8 no exageration!! Is that just me?!

Only -2 / -3 windchill according to the Meto website so yes it's just you and you're exaggrating!  :D

I thought it was only us Southerners that felt the cold!  :rofl:

Posted
39 minutes ago, tornado tams said:

If anyone follow met monkey, nice chance of thunder snow right down the east side of England. Never seen it so fingers crossed.

It is amazing to witness.  Experienced it a few times both up here and in Kent so I have my fingers crossed for all of us.

You should be in a prime position for that kind of thing next week I would have thought?  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Let's see what the pub run brings. I'm personally not convinced of a breakdown. As terrier has alluded in the Mod Thread, I think it'll be a milder blip at best before a reload...........

Edited by Sunny_AS

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny_AS said:

Let's see what the pub run brings. I'm personally not convinced of a breakdown. As terrier has alluded in the Mod Thread, I think it'll be a milder blip at best before a reload...........

Yes I agree, one run and everyone declares it over its mad , we still have a week to go a lot can happen in that time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!
34 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Yes it's worth mentioning for those who don't follow the models (great health conscious decision that, by the way!) that the uncertainty to end next week has no bearing on the severe cold that envelopes us tomorrow night onwards... 

...snow will follow over a very cold N Sea and penetrate well inland :)

Indeed, convection-based snow will not be affected between now and thursday.  The potential disappointed is instead focused around what path exactly those LP systems take going into friday, as right now it looks unlikely we'll be getting a huge snow event there.

Time for things to change however; slight differences could change things drastically :)

Posted

Good news for Yorkshire for Tuesday based on the latest gfs run. The showers are more widespread than previous runs and will push further inland. Let’s hope this shows up in future runs and more importantly in the euro4 model.

Edited by Lakes Tom
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
16 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Only -2 / -3 windchill according to the Meto website so yes it's just you and you're exaggrating!  :D

I thought it was only us Southerners that felt the cold!  :rofl:

In days gone by, Kent could be one of the coldest places in the country, during easterly events, so I thought your lot would be a bit hardier. :wink:

That being said, I'm a big softy when it comes to cold. I have had my heating on every day this month. :shok:

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow
45 minutes ago, sausage said:

oh my gosh!has anyone seen the latest bbc forecast by shavanaker ;)

best in a million years! i hope hes so right and that thy know something we dont for end of week or someones/mo gonna look daft!!

I can't find it, have you a link?

Posted

@inghams85 you tinker putting the cat amongst the pigeons with that MOGREPS comment in the mod thread!  :rofl:

The 18z runs have improved a little bit in my eyes with the ICON and GEFS mean showing Southerly corrections regarding the low at the end of the week.

That latest BBC forecast is quite mouth watering as well I must admit!  :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Monday evening through Thursday still looking fantastic. Its real folks, get the rulers prepared and your seat in position for lamppost watch.

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman said:

@inghams85 you tinker putting the cat amongst the pigeons with that MOGREPS comment in the mod thread!  :rofl:

The 18z runs have improved a little bit in my eyes with the ICON and GEFS mean showing Southerly corrections regarding the low at the end of the week.

That latest BBC forecast is quite mouth watering as well I must admit!  :cold:

???? had to calm some nerves. I have a family member close to the met and it's where my own learning has come from! All I'll say is wait till the morning!

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

???? had to calm some nerves. I have a family member close to the met and it's where my own learning has come from! All I'll say is wait till the morning!

Ha ha love it!

Posted

Still looks good for Yorkshire on Friday, and the GEFS mean looks better too. We hold onto the cold air for longer, so Friday is a big snow event.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Still looks good for Yorkshire on Friday, and the GEFS mean looks better too. We hold onto the cold air for longer, so Friday is a big snow event.

You are certainly right saying it looks great for Yorkshire. All this southern coast getting mild air but then shunted back south means the snow will be reaching Yorkshire and possibly being the sweet spot with blizzards and strong drifting snow. 

Magical week ahead of us!

• Like 1

Posted

Had a quick look in the southern regional threads :nea:Teddies and cot spring to mind. Not a happy bunch :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well unfortunately if today’s runs are to be correct. Then by Saturday we are back in less cold air. But before then have plenty snow potential and ice days so all is good.

Posted

This is for the early hours of Friday morning, according to the ECM (blue is snow):

cc0t3Qc.png

DlSNycf.png

wsn4Opc.png

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Looks excellent @cheese.  Another good update from knocker for the Tuesday event.  Yorkshire looks like getting a direct hit as it passes through from North East to South Wales.

Another very cold night and a severe frost Tuesday morning but the much mentioned wave feature tracks south west overnight and through Tuesday morning and brings more concentrated snow showers along the route as indicated with the charts.

gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_9.thumb.png.52c81dc181754805ce3f79b9f78cbf23.pnggfs_ptype_slp_uk2_10.thumb.png.eccd8e3d6a54e5b4c6bcab58d56480e7.pnggfs_ptype_slp_uk2_11.thumb.png.2d4e46966e232ff0bf324771acaff99e.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That BBC forecast from yesterday evening clearly shows the winds moving from a NE to a straight E with the bulk of the showers heading through the far North of our region missing most of us entirely. I am yet to be convinced of snow amounts given the track of showers showing a near miss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

All of the snow symbols have disappeared for both Sunday night, all day Monday and all day Thursday from the Met Office for my area. Tuesday is stop and start with Wednesday now being the most promising day. What a damp squib. ?