Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

It's cold but there's beautiful sunshine here in Sheffield city centre. Seagulls flying across the end of Granville Road :) 

Edited by Kathryn Atkin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Can't see any major snow for south Yorkshire for the foreseeable future. Staying on the rather cold side mostly next week but should be mostly dry. Only a matter of time before a return to milder conditions. We haven't yet managed a day of lying snow.  

Posted

Maybe some snow on top right now. At the moment light drizzle hear but temps at 1.6C and a dew point of -0.8 indicates snow is possible if it was heavier enough. The drizzle may course some frozen services again if it was heavier so could be tricky out there.

Posted

There we have it light wet snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Maybe some snow on top right now. At the moment light drizzle hear but temps at 1.6C and a dew point of -0.8 indicates snow is possible if it was heavier enough. The drizzle may course some frozen services again if it was heavier so could be tricky out there.

Heavy snow in Hutton Le Hole on North York’s Moors currently.  This is the 7th day in a row that we’ve seen laying snow! ?. Back to Barnsley today where no doubt the South Yorkshire snow shield will be in full operation.

CD5FD3DB-2EC3-4C89-B4CB-A6EE5F110633.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
18 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Heavy snow in Hutton Le Hole on North York’s Moors currently.  This is the 7th day in a row that we’ve seen laying snow! ?. Back to Barnsley today where no doubt the South Yorkshire snow shield will be in full operation.

CD5FD3DB-2EC3-4C89-B4CB-A6EE5F110633.jpeg

Most definitely!  You have missed nothing round here!  :nonono:

Posted

Turned back to light rain here. Must have lasted about half n hour.

Posted

Tomorrow afternoon is looking interesting all of a sudden;

20180210_151641.thumb.png.3570dfe0bb9dde08b5df1a8414dc5526.png

Snow is actually forecast on and off between 3pm tomorrow afternoon and 9am Monday so who knows we may get a half decent snow event at last and a warning that may actually be warranted!

Still be a damp squib knowing our luck though!  :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

The Meto are forecasting lots of snow here tomorrow too. But none of the other weather sites are! Will the others upgrade or will the Meto do what it always does and keep downgrading 1 hour before the event?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hey guys n gals, I'm coming to Yorkshire tomoz for 4 days with the fam, staying in Thornton le dale, Pickering is 2.5m away and I'm 33m abs (mrs choice I'm devastated), I'm only about 15m from east coast so really low expectations snow wise, but wondering if you think I will see any? 

I'm gonna take a drive into the hills for a day out and take dog for a good walk in the snow hopefully . Anythoughts much appreciated 

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

GFS going with Rain to snow tomorrow, how accurate will it be? hmm we shall see! 

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 16.08.51.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 16.08.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 16.08.49 (2).png

That looks like Tuesday?  To be fair we are at risk of snow at least falling from tomorrow afternoon onwards for a good few days so it will interesting to see how things pan out.  :cold:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

That looks like Tuesday?  To be fair we are at risk of snow at least falling from tomorrow afternoon onwards for a good few days so it will interesting to see how things pan out.  :cold:

Sorry I mean't tuesday lol It's been a long day! :p 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Hey guys n gals, I'm coming to Yorkshire tomoz for 4 days with the fam, staying in Thornton le dale, Pickering is 2.5m away and I'm 33m abs (mrs choice I'm devastated), I'm only about 15m from east coast so really low expectations snow wise, but wondering if you think I will see any? 

I'm gonna take a drive into the hills for a day out and take dog for a good walk in the snow hopefully . Anythoughts much appreciated 

We've been staying in Hutton Le Hole over the last week (about 9 miles from Thornton) and have seen snow every day, including this morning as we were leaving).  Check out the pics above and a couple of pages earlier.  If you want to head over the moors to increase chance of seeing snow there are a couple of options.  Either drive out from Pickering to Whitby over Fylingdales Moor (visit the village of Goathland) or drive out through Hutton Le Hole towards Castleton (and pop in for lunch at The Lion pub on Blakey Ridge (about 400m asl).  We did both this week and were glad to have the 4 wheel drive of our Volvo XC60!

Edited by SouthYorks
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
10 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

We've been staying in Hutton Le Hole over the last week (about 9 miles from Thornton) and have seen snow every day, including this morning as we were leaving).  Check out the pics above and a couple of pages earlier.  If you want to head over the moors to increase chance of seeing snow there are a couple of options.  Either drive out from Pickering to Whitby over Fylingdales Moor (visit the village of Goathland) or drive out through Hutton Le Hole towards Castleton (and pop in for lunch at The Lion pub on Blakey Ridge (about 400m asl).  We did both this week and were glad to have the 4 wheel drive of our Volvo XC60!

Great advise there Thank you I will check the 400m pub out for sure. If there's loads of ppn about I will have a session there aswel lol 

• Like 1

Posted

A high chance of snow over the next few days across Yorkshire, much higher than the last north westerly we just saw. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Lets hope so! We continue to plod on and live in hope dont we lol....one day we will be rewarded again :) 

Posted

Met office seemed to have downgraded the forecast for Leeds sadly. But let' hope this as the reverse effect.

Posted

Well from heavy snow in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon earlier to the odd light sleet shower now.

Mmmmm I wonder which forecast will be correct?  :nonono:

Posted

Blowing a gale out there at the moment.

Surprised there is not a warning out for wind?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I'm just thinking similar? 55mph gusts across Bingley?

Surely if they expected such they'd have warned? but then the atmosphere to our north is ripping itself to pieces right now?

Folk have been chattin' SSW for weeks now and expecting to predict its outcome yet all the measures seem to be pushing max with more than one measure promising 'record' values?

If this is an extreme WACCy impact then who really knows how it plays out?

We may have captured the event using old measures but if it ( the wider event) is more than just an SSW but a full depth atmospheric WACCy forced event?

Let us get through the next 24hrs with the forecast SSW not showing 'odd' behaviours and I'll be a lot happier!