Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'm more optimistic about tomorrow. Firstly the BBC forecast shows the front visibly occluding while stalled/slow moving which means we may end up north of the triple point and have a chance of keeping a more or less all snow event. I'd be more comfortable above 100m though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

I have no faith in the BBC forecasts - all been completely wrong for my area for the recent snow/wind forecasts. Now that they’ve forecast snow, it’ll either be drizzle or blazing sunshine! Hahahaha! 

Edited by Snowday

Posted

It's more so the front breaks up and fizzles out by the time it reaches Yorkshire with heavier puleses south and north of the region. I'd be surprised if there is much lying snow in Yorkshire. 

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

It's more so the front breaks up and fizzles out by the time it reaches Yorkshire with heavier puleses south and north of the region. I'd be surprised if there is much lying snow in Yorkshire. 

No model knows where the heavier pulses will be that's impossible to forecast its a nowcasting situation tomorrow. Hence the Met office comment about depths locally and a warning covering a huge area. Even they're high resolution model can't predict precipitation in that sort of detail 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Glad to see its cleared up and can see the moon now (its cool too when you can actually see the black bit) some frost around.

Posted
42 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

No model knows where the heavier pulses will be that's impossible to forecast its a nowcasting situation tomorrow. Hence the Met office comment about depths locally and a warning covering a huge area. Even they're high resolution model can't predict precipitation in that sort of detail 

Of course the models do, not sure where your getting that idea from, maybe your not viewing the High resolution models. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Of course the models do, not sure where your getting that idea from, maybe your not viewing the High resolution models. 

They can best guess but we really aren t at a stage to accurately predict 100% yet and a 50 mile difference in different intensities of rain/snow is actually still beyond our control. Have you not sat back and wondered why the Met can't pin put to within 10 miles for warnings? The word "locally" in the warning covers heavier bursts and evaporative cooling for the heavier settling snow. It's a wait and see time 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer

This is sure to be a non event here in Leeds. Been very unlucky this winter and I feel it will continue tomorrow. I am not even expecting any snow. It will start as sleet/cold rain and turn to heavy rain.

i love snow as much as anyone but just trying to be honest here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Can't see much at all from this tomorrow looking at the current forecast.  

Precipitation looks too light whilst it is still cold enough.  I am generally an optimist but our luck just seems to be out so far this Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

stuff snow! ive made my own ice skating rink on patio in garden ? much more fun lol! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
29 minutes ago, snow*please said:

stuff snow! ive made my own ice skating rink on patio in garden ? much more fun lol! 

You might have natural one tomorrow!

Meto automated forecast is now suggesting an all rain event which if it falls on to frozen ground could create lethal conditions for a while tomorrow!

Let's hope it's wrong!

Posted

EURO4 is looking alot better now from prior runs. Yorks could do well. 

• Like 2

Posted

I'm personally seeing mixed messages about tomorrow. Alot of confusion for me. Hoping more knowledgeable members can shed further light regarding tomorrow's front........

Posted
37 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

EURO4 is looking alot better now from prior runs. Yorks could do well. 

Between 12 and 3pm for the heavy settling snow should be fun for those not wanting transport cancellations half way through the day for work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Precipitation just west of Sheffield but looks light and patchy on radar, heavier stuff is further west. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

This is looking like a downgrade special on the BBC app - not starting until 2pm and rain all the way! I had 6 hours of snow forecast when I looked yesterday! ? 

Posted
35 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

This is looking like a downgrade special on the BBC app - not starting until 2pm and rain all the way! I had 6 hours of snow forecast when I looked yesterday! ? 

I think someone who's had too much to drink updated that,:D if its snowing now further west (Worcester & Shrewsbury) we're almost certain to see at least a bit of snow.

Edited by Bradowl

Posted

Apart from an few flurries I don't think we'll see heavier stuff for a good hour or two.

Lots of places to south west seeing snow reading other regional discussions. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Dry any prec evaporating before it reaches the ground. Not looking good. Local forecast shows rain and more rain later on. Main front is far too south so by the time it reaches us I agree it will be rain

Posted
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Dry any prec evaporating before it reaches the ground. Not looking good. Local forecast shows rain and more rain later on. Main front is far too south so by the time it reaches us I agree it will be rain

Radio Sheffield said sleet and snow turning to rain later this afternoon on 8 o'clock news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
7 minutes ago, The Future said:

Just started, light snow in sw Sheffield.

yup odd flake coming down