Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Not been on for a few years lack of winter weather

just had about 30mins of hail covered everywhere in 2 minutes no snow at all and has left about an inch

plus a flash of lightning

roads horrible

Edited by fazzafarrand
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

It's snowing a little here now. A light covering, but seems to be melting quicker than it's falling. Hopefully the temp will drop a little more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy!

Evening 

Hail, thunder and lightning in Cleethorpes. Lightning towards the Immingham area.

Cheers Glenn 

• Like 1

Posted

Bad conditions in Morley now snow and hail got nice covering ain't  half coming down looks great in the gusty wind.

Posted

Should be a great night ahead for western areas! Showers should become more frequent overnight and the colder air is really starting to dig in! :D Some areas could get a pasting as streamers and more organised bands of snow push in. And due to the liveliness of these showers we could see snowfall rates of upto 2"/hour...

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
27 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Not been on for a few years lack of winter weather

just had about 30mins of hail covered everywhere in 2 minutes no snow at all and has left about an inch

plus a flash of lightning

roads horrible

Seems like everywhere gets thundersnow but here! Never seen it before.

Did have a very intense snow shower though, looked like a blizzard.

Edited by cheese

Posted
9 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Should be a great night ahead for western areas! Showers should become more frequent overnight and the colder air is really starting to dig in! :D Some areas could get a pasting as streamers and more organised bands of snow push in. And due to the liveliness of these showers we could see snowfall rates of upto 2"/hour...

Based on what exactly mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Seems like everywhere gets thundersnow but here! Never seen it before.

Did have a very intense snow shower though, looked like a blizzard.

Me neither, and I'm not badly placed near the east coast but we've not seen a decent North Sea convection event for over 7 years!

Small dusting on the grass here from earlier shower, currently 0.9c with a dew of -0.7c and ground freezing over so ripe for settling snow but showers are to my South now :(

There's certainly some tasty buggers over SW Scotland and N.Ireland but not sure if they will make it here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
Just now, Northern Sky said:

Not much on the radar at the moment, wonder if it'll pick up?

Agreed. Bit sparse at the moment. 

Posted
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

Based on what exactly mate?

:blink2::rolleyes:. Based on that the models for last 24 hours has been keen on the shower activity pepping up over our neck of the woods later this evening/overnight.  On weather observation map on weatherworld you can see the blue (freezing air) edging closer and closer to us.. Bbc weather has just mentioned a  more persistant area of snow pushing into northern england tonight.  Thats what it's based on : ) )

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

:blink2::rolleyes:. Based on that the models for last 24 hours has been keen on the shower activity pepping up over our neck of the woods later this evening/overnight.  On weather observation map on weatherworld you can see the blue (freezing air) edging closer and closer to us.. Bbc weather has just mentioned a  more persistant area of snow pushing into northern england tonight.  Thats what it's based on : ) )

Okay mate I missed the forecast. I'm sceptical right now although my initial instinct is the trough pushes through at 9pm

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, inghams85 said:

Okay mate I missed the forecast. I'm sceptical right now although my initial instinct is the trough pushes through at 9pm

Don't worry every where apart from perhaps east yorkshire should see a bit of snow tonight : )

i hope harsh climate n kentish are right because i too am excited. toook a drive upto moors near skipton tonight n had to turn round or we'd have been stuck!! eas great. now back home in ls17 and a lovely covering of snow :) just hoping for these heavy snow showers!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, vizzy2004 said:

Latest from NetWx SR charts for tomorrow night :)

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20180116;t

Still got a sneeky feeling the snow will be north of us but any corrections south overnight would be massive!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, sausage said:

harsh do we feel shower activity will pep up just a little concerned n dont want to lose this covering. because as u say cud end up quite deep!! just the experts n apps say frequent heavy showers tonight but yet the radar says no atm :(

I think its starting to pep up now mate, but on 5 minute radar updates, everything does seem a little slow lol.