Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Give it a chance guys!  6pm until midnight looks prime time!  If nothing much has happened by late evening then I am happy to agree it is a bust but I am convinced they would not be calling up to 6cms below 200 metres if some sort of convection zone / front / trough (delete as applicable) wasn't going to materialise!  Patience is the key.

Looking at the latest model runs we are still in with a shout for some snow tomorrow night as well.  I have a feeling it maybe a snow to rain to snow event but the Pennines stand a chance of it remaining as all snow if the track remains the same or pushes a little further South.  Keep the faith!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

First wet snow shower just started here ..

soon to settle I suspect.

B.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

Just started to snow here in York

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
29 minutes ago, terrier said:

Well I think I’m going to chalk this down as another bust for my area. The showers moving across the Irish Sea are just dying a death before hitting landfall. Can’t see any of the showers banding together to produce anything significant. Ah well onto the next chase at some stage. 

The showers always disappear over the sea and re emerge as they hit land fall.Just had a heavy fall with thunder

Posted

Raining here at 1.6C!

There were a few flakes mixed in earlier but its back to all rain now its lighter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, jonboy said:

Just started to snow here in York

My Mum in Heworth just rang me to say its snowing! I said send some this bloody way.

Streamer looks like setting up for parts of West/South Yorkshire currently, snowline likely to drop quite a bit this evening.

Not sure if il see anything this far east unless we get some form of disturbance through the night.

My interest has now turned to the low on Thursday morning which looks like giving a period of snow on its northern flank where I happen to be, GFS currently predicting 4-5cm, however at 36 hours out this is still likely to change and more than likely not in my favour.

Good luck Yorkshire Gang :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Snowing hard here, just settling on cars and grass .. 

roads still wet.

B.  

Posted

Just drove back to Tinshill from work in Wakefield. Mostly rain with a bit of sleet all the way home with temps 2-3C. Back here it's 1C and we have just had a pretty heavy snow shower which has settled. Just a few flakes at the moment but I'm hopng what falls now will remain as snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Beverley Lass said:

roads still wet.

B.  

Big shower incoming here, will hit you after BL, great to see snow falling so close to the east coast from a westerly :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Forecast just changed to heavy snow for my location between 6pm and 3am.

Posted

Heavy snow in Morley didn't half come down gave a nice covering even the main roads took a hit.

Snow blowing about in the wind temp dropped which Is good.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, terrier said:

Well I think I’m going to chalk this down as another bust for my area. The showers moving across the Irish Sea are just dying a death before hitting landfall. Can’t see any of the showers banding together to produce anything significant. Ah well onto the next chase at some stage. 

What? From one shower Huddersfield is white, cars skidding on slight inclined lol! Think it's going to be a good night. You must be low down if you got nowt!!

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

roads still wet.

B.  

I will be surprised to see anything here in the morning. Had a wet snow shower earlier but nothing worth a mention. Falling as I type typical!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,wind, heat and thunderstorms

Had a heavy snow shower earlier which is surprising in a westerly. Main event for here will be overnight tomorrow night I reckon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days and balmy evenings.

Just got a nice coating of snow in Cleckheaton but it's now turned into sleet ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

Just more hail here. Snowed a littler earlier, but back to hail now. I think everyone around us as snow though.

Oh and I also notice the heavy snow has been pushed back until 7pm on Met's forecast now. It's like chasing an ECM easterly. It never arrives!

Edited by wozafax

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Currently have over a cm probably 2 cm of lying snow, but really looking at the detail re tomorrow night. Some of the models are starting to switch the low to be even further South, hence why Met moved the warning area to include all the Pennines.

Example - A26DE6E1-8239-4CA0-AC42-7D800F897FAE.jpe

Thats showing the most significant Snow over our Region, not Scotland as was predicted days ago. Tonights short range 0Z's should have a handle on the exact track of it, one would hope.

Posted
7 minutes ago, wozafax said:

Just more hail here. Snowed a littler earlier, but back to hail now. I think everyone around us as snow though.

Oh and I also notice the heavy snow has been pushed back until 7pm on Met's forecast now. It's like chasing an ECM easterly. It never arrives!

Your turn will come. I wasn't expecting a thing so near to the coast 

Posted

Its finally snowing here now but its so wet that it's not really doing anything. Still too mild at the moment at 1.5C, though the dewpoint has come down to 0.2C so getting close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

naff all here,  as usual this winter! 

come on weather gods...reward me, I've been smoke free for 31hrs now! (yes im counting) :rofl:

Posted
5 minutes ago, reef said:

Its finally snowing here now but its so wet that it's not really doing anything. Still too mild at the moment at 1.5C, though the dewpoint has come down to 0.2C so getting close.

It's on the way reef. Grass and cars getting a covering here and it's settling on the roads now. The wind has calmed down a bit as well 

Posted
1 minute ago, Tinker Bell said:

It's on the way reef. Grass and cars getting a covering here and it's settling on the roads now. The wind has calmed down a bit as well 

Yes, its starting to lay now as the temperature has started falling with the heavier stuff. Down to 0.7C with a dewpoint of -0.6C, so we're finally the right side of marginal.

It shows how desperate we've become in these parts in recent years when snow from a westerly is the highlight of the winter so far!

• Like 1