Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Just passed over M62 in my wagon and the road was covered in places. Decent covering above 250m or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Huddersfield snow dome does its job again - absolutely zip here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Looking at the bbc forecast this morning looks very uninspiring to be honest. Yes some showers across the region but very hit and miss looking at the graphics. Think some may get a few cms across high ground. But for majority of us it looks like another close but no cigar moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
11 minutes ago, terrier said:

Looking at the bbc forecast this morning looks very uninspiring to be honest. Yes some showers across the region but very hit and miss looking at the graphics. Think some may get a few cms across high ground. But for majority of us it looks like another close but no cigar moment. 

Keeping our feet on the ground as always Terrier!

I take your point but it does look as though the showers may merge to produce a longer spell of snow this evening though by which time there should not be anything marginal about the setup.

The flow looks very unstable and there was still talk of Thunderstorms (snowy ones) on the late forecast from Paul Hudson last night.  Somebody mentioned thunder on the TAF for Leeds Bradford airport earlier as well.

I have a feeling things may properly kick off this evening if it is snow you are after!  Here's hoping anyway!  :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
2 minutes ago, sausage said:

then the bbc shouldnt put false hope on their website n warnings!! feel so much promised but yes feel as though we will be let dwn again later. lets see....

??  The models I have been looking at never promised us anything this morning?  It has always been from this afternoon (late afternoon) and into tonight when we are forecast the coldest uppers and most unstable flow.  Give it time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

I hope the Met is right on this one! Still waiting for the downgrade, which always comes. Even 6 hours out! Did anyone else get woken up by the hail storm at 5:40 this morning!? Thought my window was going to crack.

ilkleysnow.thumb.png.e1966ccfa9f498da12bc285e136e2921.png

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Keeping our feet on the ground as always Terrier!

I take your point but it does look as though the showers may merge to produce a longer spell of snow this evening though by which time there should not be anything marginal about the setup.

The flow looks very unstable and there was still talk of Thunderstorms (snowy ones) on the late forecast from Paul Hudson last night.  Somebody mentioned thunder on the TAF for Leeds Bradford airport earlier as well.

I have a feeling things may properly kick off this evening if it is snow you are after!  Here's hoping anyway!  :)

Yeah maybe but looking at the latest euro4 output it show very little in the way of settling snow away from the highest hills of our region. Can’t post chart at moment as on phone.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

At this range modelling is less important. Anything that reaches here should be snow and it looks like after lunch, plenty should reach here.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy

The first downgrade is here. Snow now not forecast until 3. The heavy snow forecast this morning turned out to be hail. The dog loved it though.

Edited by wozafax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

BBC web app forecast flip-flopping more than peoples footwear during a sunny day at the beach.

Posted

Absolutely chucking it down with rain in Huddersfield. Not expecting anything from this during day light hours at least. Maybe after dark is when our best chances may occur. Got sleet forecast till 6pm at 150m asl now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Hoping as previously said later on in the day things turn more favorable, saying that I've popped down to Retford from Doncaster for work seen the full works already, rain sleet, hail and a brief period of moderate wet snow so anyone higher up should be optimistic, forecast looks OK as it stands, though more flip flopping than a week in Brid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, terrier said:

Absolutely chucking it down with rain in Huddersfield. Not expecting anything from this during day light hours at least. Maybe after dark is when our best chances may occur. Got sleet forecast till 6pm at 150m asl now. 

Is that a  wind up Rain i n Huddersfield? it absolutely hammered it down with hail and heavy snow here in Dronfield Derbyshire right on the border with Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
2 hours ago, terrier said:

I've had a cm already this morning and the more organised showers aren't expected till mid afternoon. Have faith my friend but unfortunately when it comes to showers some get luckier or unluckier (which ever way you want to look at it) than others.

• Like 2