Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yes, it shows heavy snow for Tuesday now. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Same for my location. It will all be where the more organised bands of showers come in to see who gets what. Wednesday night/ Thursday could still be interesting if the low goes slightly lower we could be in for some percipient snow on top of what we get Tuesday. It just depends on if it turns back milder for a short time as it passes before turning back colder. That's what we will need to watch very carefully. Because I feel we may be in with a little surprise. Obviously the model could go the other way but I feel if it stays on the path it is we should do ok Tuesday if I goes a little south again it will only get better for us especially for Thursday. Small changes can result in 1-200 miles. 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
1 hour ago, sausage said:

mega upgrade in bbc weather for tomorrow. shows tuesday a degree colder and snow all day from mon night to wed Am! if only. i knw now though thats its too good so will only downgrade!! again.

What's your location and altitude?

Posted

I had a very similar forcast. And my location is set to the nearest town so around 100-150. I live on the moors  surrounding it possibly more like 200-250. And I live near ilkley. 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
3 hours ago, sausage said:

north east leeds at 145m

Shadwell, Seacroft, Roundhay?

Even heavy snow symbols are showing for here near sea level 20 miles from the east coast for tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I will believe it when I see it, only had a covering once from Irish sea convection and it was only a small covering, we need troughs and streamers to set up to get the precip this far east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

Everything showing snow for tomorrow but no warnings from the Met? 

Yes, surprised there is no warning for parts of the region for tomorrow. Heavy wintry showers likely to affect many areas with accumulations especially but not exclusively to areas above 150m. Area's at highest risk are the usual suspects such as the Pennine's and Yorkshire Dales.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Yellow warning out, although they seem to think its marginal for my area as it's forecast as heavy sleet in the morning before turning to snow later.

Posted

Showing snow most of the day for tomorrow on the BBC. Got to drive to Wetherby and back (from near Skipton) - is it likely to be okay?

Posted
8 minutes ago, doctordunc said:

Showing snow most of the day for tomorrow on the BBC. Got to drive to Wetherby and back (from near Skipton) - is it likely to be okay?

You will be fine, although it shows heavy snow most of the day. Doesn't mean all this will settle.. Will be a case of frequent heavy snow showers with snow settling on high ground at first but the snow line lowering as the day wears on. Skipton might have a couple cm by late afternoon, I wouldn't expect wetherby to have more than a light slushy covering at best. 

Later on tuesday interests me though,  looks like between 18:00 tuesday and 6am wednesday is our main window for snow to low levels. Showers should become more frequent with maybe a more organised band of snow from the west, with temps at there coldest of this cold snap. I would say 1-3cm quite widely with 5-10cm 200m+..  Obviously north and west yorkshire highest risk.

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted
4 minutes ago, doctordunc said:

I'm from near Skipton. I believe the heavy shower come later tomorrow evening. However if we get streamers which is always possible travel could be tricky. 

We still need to keep an eye on the system coming through Wednesday night/Thursday still chance for upgrades is all about the low the lower it is the more cold gets dragged down to us the more chance for snow on at least the leading edge. Of course it could go the other way but it's worth noting. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Yay, I actually saw some sunshine on my afternoon dog walk .. 

seems an age since that happened.

Looks like I might see a few snow showers tomorrow and then be hit by the

gales.   A lively week !   Hoping to see plenty of chat here.

B.  :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

BBC forecast for LS15 has heavy snow from 2pm Tuesday until 3am Wednesday. :pardon:Snow showers before then.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Looks like there might be some kind of front or trough crossing our region tomorrow evening given the heavy snow forecast between late afternoon and the early hours of Wednesday in many areas?

Tomorrows evening rush hour could be interesting to say the least.  This is for my area where the heavy snow is forecast until after midnight;

20180115_174257.png

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
3 minutes ago, sausage said:

quiet in here for what met n bbc are showing oir region tomorrw.

Yeah we like to play it cool in this thread and not stress over every upgrade or downgrade or over every metre of altitude!  :D

What will be will be but things are looking decent if you like snow looking at the forecast for the next 24-36 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

If Wednesday into Thursdays nasty storm keeps being modelled further south as it is st the Mo. then we could be looking at quite a snow event for Yorkshire 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Bet you all wondered were I was eh? Lol. But yeah does look good for our region tomorrow. But I do think elevation will be key here. 

• Like 3