Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

Looks like the Midlands didn't get anywhere near the dumping it was due? 

Only south of the Midlands 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
44 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Absolutely gutted!!! Its that damn 30 mile shift overnight that was the final nail. We're a bust, certainly wont get 10cm!

One thing is for certain, ill be off twitter today and wont be watching the news, cant stand all the southern hype!! :angry::wallbash:

I just moved from the South (Guildford, which is still snowless today) so this is a kick in the teeth, it must be my fault as isnow has deliberately avoided me for years. At least the whingers might give it a rest now they’ve seen it upgrade for them (some hope!).

Edited by ukpaul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
Just now, Barking_Mad said:

Yes I thought the same when i looked at radar. The whole thing is patheticaly light, except in the London area an SE, where it wasnt even forecast to snow lol!

Just proves how difficult these things are. Amber warning for midlands looks laughable now though, even they will only have a bit from this....

Posted
2 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

I agree I think there are a lot of exagerated snow depth reports in the midlands thread! looks more like 2-7cm widely not 10-15 cm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
Just now, ukpaul said:

I just moved f om the South (Guildford, which is still snowless today) so this is a kick in the teeth, it must be my fault as isnow has deliberately avoided me for years. At least the whingers might give it a rest now they’ve seen it upgrade for them (some hope!).

So its all your fault! :p  Youve jinxed it for us haha :nea:

Posted
5 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

I'm not sure where you've been reading! Some areas have already exceeded 15-20cm's! Even in the early hours roads around Loughborough/Leicester were impassable as I drove to track the front and I imagine that was childsplay compared to those further West- god knows what conditions are like now and what they will be like come this evening when all is said and done. Expect some impressive totals for those lucky ones further south and west of myself.

The surprise is that central/southern England (south of the Midlands) has come into the game aswell with a slightly more southern track.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Polar Low said:

I'm not sure where you've been reading! Some areas have already exceeded 15-20cm's! Even in the early hours roads around Loughborough/Leicester were impassable as I drove to track the front and I imagine that was childsplay compared to those further West- god knows what conditions are like now and what they will be like come this evening when all is said and done. Expect some impressive totals for those lucky ones further south and west of myself.

The surprise is that central/southern England (south of the Midlands) has come into the game aswell with a slightly more southern track.

I think people are understandably very bitter this morning! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The BBC forecast shows heavy snow at 11am here. They also showed light now at 9am and 10am. Useless rubbish.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 minute ago, pent89 said:

Bbc app seems to have upgraded me again? Snow till 19:00 with more heavy snow symbols? 

I mentioned to somebody in the Midlands thread who said something similar;

Those symbols you see are based on computer interpretations of charts, not human input. Take subtle variations like that with a pinch of salt. 

It's very much a case of watching the radar and looking out your living room window. :)

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

The BBC forecast shows heavy snow at 11am here. They also showed light now at 9am and 10am. Useless rubbish.

yeh showing us now heavy snow 2pm-4pm which yesterday it was just ligtht some they might know something we dont?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

I see some flurries moving onshore from the East Coast recently, as well as the edging north of the frontal flurries which are now showing within a mile of my house. I would happily take a sugar coating as things are going! How's it looking further south in Yorkshire, worth a drive down? 

Posted
1 minute ago, bazookabob said:

I see some flurries moving onshore from the East Coast recently, as well as the edging north of the frontal flurries which are now showing within a mile of my house. I would happily take a sugar coating as things are going! How's it looking further south in Yorkshire, worth a drive down? 

The Barnsley area of South Yorks...dont waste your fuel :nea:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
3 minutes ago, doctordunc said:

Leeds about to get a few flurries?

Doubt it the radar has showed snow over me in Castleford for last hour and nothing at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
16 minutes ago, tayzi said:

The Barnsley area of South Yorks...dont waste your fuel :nea:

Avoid Rotherham..... The Snow has. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

A mere dusting in Huddersfield...go to the pub instead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well no surprise really our region was out the game on Thursday once everything started to shift south. Ecm got this pretty spot on. Was really only gfs that kept dangling the carrot. Anyway at least can still get to Manchester derby now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Coming down here again in Rotherham, looks like the band as broken up into a more showery nature.