Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Streamer setting up now so if the wind backs to a straight Westerly South and West Yorkshire could get a bit of a pasting this evening?!  :pardon:

20171209_154353.png

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Very light snow in Barnsley now. Town Centre.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yeah could get something from the showers before they die away. A downgrade it looks like now for the snow tomorrow though, latest video forecast just shows Sheffield on the northern edge so its just a case of radar watching and hope it gets this far north. Never know :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
4 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

yeah could get something from the showers before they die away. A downgrade it looks like now for the snow tomorrow though, latest video forecast just shows Sheffield on the northern edge so its just a case of radar watching and hope it gets this far north. Never know :)

Sheffield is on the edge of amber warning not just snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So all the snow symbols have been removed from my area in West Yorkshire. Got to say ecm has called this pretty darn well. Even when I was saying on the output the warning signs were there for this to shift south. Hopefully something more wintry into January but I won’t be holding my breath 

Posted
3 minutes ago, swfc said:

Sheffield is on the edge of amber warning not just snow

yes for now but can see we're right on the northern edge so its a little nervy now! GFS12z also south again according to model thread. Just a case of wait and see isnt it :)

Posted

It really will be a case of waiting to see... Its surprising how many times over yhe tears we have had no snow forecast and then its appeared, or loads and then not a flake. And no matter where its coming from  ( north, west east ) any snowline forecast is always around Barnsley we are rarely slap bang in the middle.

i wont be looking at other pics as it will mke me too upset and jealous.

already feel really hard done by.

#totallygutted is an understatement.

i cant see us getting anymore falls this winter. the last two i only saw two falls. just too difficult in this day n age now :( my childhood dream continually broken. infact beyond repair. i even lost my interest in leeds playing today!

Posted
1 minute ago, sausage said:

i even lost my interest in leeds playing today!

That a bonus !

Posted
25 minutes ago, sausage said:

i wont be looking at other pics as it will mke me too upset and jealous.

already feel really hard done by.

#totallygutted is an understatement.

i cant see us getting anymore falls this winter. the last two i only saw two falls. just too difficult in this day n age now :( my childhood dream continually broken. infact beyond repair. i even lost my interest in leeds playing today!

3-1 win will cheer you up.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A few light snow showers this afternoon however the snow tomorrow has taken a another jig south so we're just on the edge of the heavy stuff. Another jig south will leave with a bit of light snow tomorrow. Hopefully it'll jig furtehr northwards than shown.

Posted

Its very hard to judge still isnt it. The Graphics on the BBC forecast for sheffield still show heavy snow for a few hours but the text forecast is rubbish. Just talks about light snow with slight accumulations :fool:

This is what I've forecasted for Sheffield for tomorrow. I must say it's been just a tad tricky to forecast! :D

Fingers crossed it holds its track (or goes north again) - I'd love to update it with news of more snow.

note: the MetO warning is there as I referenced it earlier in the post, which isn't visible on this screenie! I like how the amber line actually splits Sheffield :pardon:

Steel_City_Skies_-_Sheffield_Weather_Forecasting_-_Home_-_2017-12-09_17.18.38.png

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted

Prospects seem a little less promising but nothing is guaranteed yet. It'll mostly be a case of radar watching and looking out of the window. I'm still feeling confident of getting 5-10cm which would still mean the best snow event since 2015 here, so even if it's not quite as extreme as other parts of the country it'll still be nice to see prolonged snow that actually settles. The model thread also has some people based in the south who'll ramp up every southwards shift they see, so don't be too discouraged yet!

As I'm typing, we have light snow here. Perhaps a covering tonight looking at the radar!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Static Prevails said:

Prospects seem a little less promising but nothing is guaranteed yet. It'll mostly be a case of radar watching and looking out of the window. I'm still feeling confident of getting 5-10cm which would still mean the best snow event since 2015 here, so even if it's not quite as extreme as other parts of the country it'll still be nice to see prolonged snow that actually settles. The model thread also has some people based in the south who'll ramp up every southwards shift they see, so don't be too discouraged yet!

As I'm typing, we have light snow here. Perhaps a covering tonight looking at the radar!

We've had a slight covering here in Dronfield Woodhouse :cold-emoji:

Expecting 5-10cm here, too, assuming we have no more southerly correction. 

Northerly correction however... yes please ;)

Posted

I am not giving up until tomorrow! I am fighting the weather charts! and begged them to move north even just 20 miles :p  and the man upstairs said he will see what he can do :p 

Posted

I remember the Boxing Day snow of a few years back. It was a smallish feature that again had an uncertain track with forecasters saying it may fringe Sheffield at the time .....however what followed was amazing with at least six inches. There wasn't even an amber warning when there should have been, given all the hold ups in the city. Even I had to abandon my car. 

I remember it was a case of radar watching and it wasn't nailed right up until tit actually played out.

i guess one thing in our favour in south yorks is the uplift that the Peak District provides in an easterly flow, I understand this will be an easterly feed of air. 

So outcomes still uncertain, yes may miss but equally may smash us!!! Hoping for the latar. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.
19 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Its very hard to judge still isnt it. The Graphics on the BBC forecast for sheffield still show heavy snow for a few hours but the text forecast is rubbish. Just talks about light snow with slight accumulations :fool:

I've always found the text forecast to be more accurate...unfortunately. 

Posted

EURO4 is in looks like it'll miss South Yorkshire. 

Posted

Very dissapointing, 2 days ago yorkshire was in the firing line to get the pasting, now baring south yorkshire looks like nothing at all..

Only straw left to clutch is that the precipitation pushing into cornwall and ireland now is way further north than forecast on the charts for 18z....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

EURO4 is in looks like it'll miss South Yorkshire. 

Yes, it ties in with in the BBC text forecast. Light snow!! We've gone from about 10mm precipitation accumulation to 3mm. That says it all. 

What a shame. Maybe next time. ?

Could still be corrected. 

Sheffield 150asl 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

hmm big downgrades now for my area on metO! Taken away all the heavy snow symbols :(

Think the writing may be on the wall now imo. 

Oh well...soon be xmas :)

Posted
5 minutes ago, snow*please said:

hmm big downgrades now for my area on metO! Taken away all the heavy snow symbols :(

Think the writing may be on the wall now imo. 

Oh well...soon be xmas :)

still more charts to come in the next fewhours! I am not giving up until after the pub run lol then I will throw my toys out the pram 

We are just 6 miles out of the AMBER WARNING!!! 6 miles!!! just need a small move !!!! north thats all I ask 

Edited by LeeSnowFan
  • Like 2

Posted

Still looking good for Sheffield on look North.

Edited by Love Snow
  • Thanks 1