Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well its looking good so far! Lets hope so. Could be a fair few inches even away from the hills. Good job seeing as im now much lower down :p

BBC graphics for Sheffield show many hours of heavy snow now Sunday :D:cold::cold:

Ive seen some charts also showing some snow possible from the south on Monday too? Whats that all about?

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

lol who cares about the south! (oouch) lol lets enjoy the snow!!! :D:yahoo::cold:

haha i mean coming up from the south, some GFS charts snow a deep low monday too now with it getting up here but doesnt seem right, so was just wondering ;)

Absolutely yes, ill be enjoying every second :D:cold:

Posted
Just now, Winter Cold said:

haha i mean coming up from the south, some GFS charts snow a deep low monday too now with it getting up here but doesnt seem right, so was just wondering ;)

Absolutely yes, ill be enjoying every second :D:cold:

yes there is a chance we may see more monday as well :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Su 10.12.2017 12 GMT

Have a look at this absolute beauty from EURO4 

Even North Yorks seeing a few flakes there. Im clutching at straws now for some good snow here so I found this which is a 100% dead cert :Diconeu_uk1-1-46-0.thumb.png.8289d4c70cbb7f6ffa3c33c85815c574.png

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted

certainly looks BOOM for us really. Im thinking something on par with boxing day 2014. That was pretty deep and Sheffield was chaos. The good thing this time of course is there is no rain first so should settle well afer a good cool down by then on the ground.

Staying cold next week too so what we get we should keep out to mid-week at least :D

sunupdate.thumb.PNG.1a8e4a74288a2410256b1982adf794dc.PNG

A good many hours of heavy snow! :cold::cold:

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

certainly looks BOOM for us really. Im thinking something on par with boxing day 2014. That was pretty deep and Sheffield was chaos. The good thing this time of course is there is no rain first so should settle well afer a good cool down by then on the ground.

Staying cold next week too so what we get we should keep out to mid-week at least :D

sunupdate.thumb.PNG.1a8e4a74288a2410256b1982adf794dc.PNG

A good many hours of heavy snow! :cold::cold:

Where is your location if you don't mind me asking? 

Posted

ECM further south, although still has decent accumulations for South Yorkshire 

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/2017120812/england/acc-precipitation-snow-total/20171210-2100z.html

Edited by Mark Bayley

2 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

Where is your location if you don't mind me asking? 

Locations are 'located' under the members avatar/post count :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Hey guys as a lurker of this forum for many many years i decided to join the crazy model and weather watching forum. On board the rollercoaster winter of 2017/18. Im from west yorks too! Does anyone know how the kirkless area is shaping up? I think we just make the amber warning, but this set up will bring many surprises i believe. Amounts of snow, in my belief will vary no matter where you are in the warning areas. 

How is kirkless fairing up?

21 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Hey guys as a lurker of this forum for many many years i decided to join the crazy model and weather watching forum. On board the rollercoaster winter of 2017/18. Im from west yorks too! Does anyone know how the kirkless area is shaping up? I think we just make the amber warning, but this set up will bring many surprises i believe. Amounts of snow, in my belief will vary no matter where you are in the warning areas. 

How is kirkless fairing up?

Welcome!

You are very right about snow amounts varying greatly, even in the warning zones. As for Kirklees, I'd keep an eye on the forecasts/models/this thread as the track of Sunday's system will adjust slightly over the coming 24-36 hours so you will know if your region is to be affected heavily or not.

As ever with snow events like this, it'll be a nowcast situation or as near as! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

I really want to get excited, MetO keep upgrading snow for my area everytime i check, When is it safe to get a little giddy haha. 

Screenshot_20171208-185018.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
5 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Welcome!

You are very right about snow amounts varying greatly, even in the warning zones. As for Kirklees, I'd keep an eye on the forecasts/models/this thread as the track of Sunday's system will adjust slightly over the coming 24-36 hours so you will know if your region is to be affected heavily or not.

As ever with snow events like this, it'll be a nowcast situation or as near as! :)

Thank you i certainly will do! Like i saod with snow amounts, i think all areas affected will vary from place to place. It depends where heavy precipitation is. You will have a main area and the rest of the front will be made up of heavier and light precipitation. So i think many areas will get period of more heavier snow at times anyway.

6 minutes ago, snow*please said:

I really want to get excited, MetO keep upgrading snow for my area everytime i check, When is it safe to get a little giddy haha. 

When you look out of the window Sunday morning and it's snowing lol. Then get giddy! :D

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted

The met have upgraded snow for south Yorkshire again. 6am till 3pm! -1c with heavy snow is rare at 30m above sea level 

Screenshot_20171208-185519.thumb.png.713e1b5269590d3811ca43ca4ca929e6.png

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

When you look out of the window Sunday morning and it's snowing lol. Then get giddy! :D

That would be out of control giddyness :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Bayley said:

ECM further south, although still has decent accumulations for South Yorkshire 

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/2017120812/england/acc-precipitation-snow-total/20171210-2100z.html

Yes but further north than earlier runs!!

• Like 1