Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

a magical day on the Yorkshire Wolds .........way more than expected .......and it's is still snowing now .

( even made an igloo with my youngest daughter )

5a205ca438122_igloo30nov.thumb.jpeg.095c0f03cf750e436b9d4d9889b4332f.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

slight dusting here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Travelled from the M180 services all the way past Scunny. The weather was atrocious for a time as it feel very heavily and the mway was very quickly becoming white.

Edited by djrikki
Hmm i can't write Scunny in full

Posted

Yeh, not seen lying snow for some time and came back from Sheffield to a pleasant surprise. I think there's a good chance of seeing a bit more end of next week (fate tempted!),

Posted

Great stuff guys 

If we look at the earlier met forecast it mentioned,wintry showers,heavy in peninne areas.?!?!?

Hardly no showers made it that far.........

Posted

a few patches of snow frozen overnight, garden, paths, and road at front, ground frost so a wintry look to the my local area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

My 2cm.of snow now looking a bit sorry for itself.

Screenshot_20171201-120647.thumb.png.ee69c4d3fd23d83874de071a956ee12f.png

Was in the Yorkshire Wolds much of yesterday where there was about 3-4 inches above 100m.

Villages below are Thixendale, Huggate and Fridaythorpe.

20171130_135412.thumb.jpg.d1df994e91a007bd01397f8488b281bb.jpg20171130_143949.thumb.jpg.b09078ea5b5748a6488c88af273bd467.jpg20171130_203523.thumb.jpg.40dd53e81332f990c10651be333e51d9.jpg20171130_203531.thumb.jpg.9eaf0a1ef85057ac59ddaf4f671ab2df.jpg

Reports of 5-6 inches across the North York Moors which of course is to be expected in these set ups.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Just driven over the top of the Yorkshire Wolds from Fimber to North Grimston and it’s still looking very white - very picturesque in the sunshine.  Looking forward to a trip onto the moors tomorrow.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Just Before Dawn said:

Just driven over the top of the Yorkshire Wolds from Fimber to North Grimston and it’s still looking very white - very picturesque in the sunshine.  Looking forward to a trip onto the moors tomorrow.

Although we had about 4 or 5 inches the heather tends to hold  at least 6 inches and it doesn't look as generally white as you might expect.
It's thawing slowly here but only 2C, very slow melt higher up so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Hello. I hope I'm in the right place , i'm moving up to the Lincolnshire Wolds on the 8th, up in Ludford, please say there will be not be a blizzard.

Posted
2 hours ago, vizzy2004 said:

My 2cm.of snow now looking a bit sorry for itself.

Screenshot_20171201-120647.thumb.png.ee69c4d3fd23d83874de071a956ee12f.png

Was in the Yorkshire Wolds much of yesterday where there was about 3-4 inches above 100m.

Villages below are Thixendale, Huggate and Fridaythorpe.

20171130_135412.thumb.jpg.d1df994e91a007bd01397f8488b281bb.jpg20171130_143949.thumb.jpg.b09078ea5b5748a6488c88af273bd467.jpg20171130_203523.thumb.jpg.40dd53e81332f990c10651be333e51d9.jpg20171130_203531.thumb.jpg.9eaf0a1ef85057ac59ddaf4f671ab2df.jpg

Reports of 5-6 inches across the North York Moors which of course is to be expected in these set ups.

Great pics Vizzy , i was up in the Sledmere / Wetwang vicinity yesterday and it was brilliant. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Great GFS 12z for our region later next week.  Those in Pennine areas might need a snow shovel!  :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
9 hours ago, 4wd said:

Although we had about 4 or 5 inches the heather tends to hold  at least 6 inches and it doesn't look as generally white as you might expect.
It's thawing slowly here but only 2C, very slow melt higher up so far.

Thanks 4wd.  I’ll be up above Farndale tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed it won’t have all gone by then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Just Before Dawn said:

Thanks 4wd.  I’ll be up above Farndale tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed it won’t have all gone by then.

Well over 6 inches above Farndale this evening on Blakey Ridge.

blakey2.thumb.jpg.761b43904f2b106ac8613d625eef3cfa.jpgblakey3.thumb.jpg.91a8269bddeaab272ac37325b92be9f1.jpgblakey4.thumb.jpg.338bc6d58cbda4b625ed19db255d6afd.jpgblakey1.thumb.jpg.1f5d18429d477f27e890b2fe7c8c2ea6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted

Interesting week coming up with the snow event showing end of next week. After the last few years it's nice to have some potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

So, it looks chilly next week to say the least - what does everyone think about the chances of getting a decent layer of the white stuff over Yorkshire, or are we looking at cold and dry for our region? 

Posted
4 hours ago, Light Without Heat said:

Anyone thinking this looks like a standard winter wishbone - and the North Sea will get 4' off powder dumped into it ?

wishbone.gif

I doubt that the initial Northerly will be completely snowless for our region as I suspect quite a few showers will make it over this side of the Pennines provided the wind direction plays ball and that is not accounting for any troughs that may develop in the flow....

I have to say though my eye is now being drawn to the end of the weekend and into next Monday if I'm being honest.  Still a long way off in weather terms but if those low pressures do 'slide' as per the latest GFS run then the whole of Yorkshire especially Pennine areas might be digging their way out of the white stuff in around 10 days time!

Interesting and exciting times for sure....:yahoo:

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

not looking that good for snow over the weekend for east yorks,snow weather warnings for the north and west.dry and cold in the east.could change I suppose,you never know.nw winds generally don't deliver that much to us.

Posted

So still looking on course for a bitter NW wind to sweep in on Thursday evening into Friday and then gradually receding on Saturday with maybe a few snow showers to boot.

What is interesting though is that the latest 6z GFS run gives our region a heavy snow event as early as Sunday morning with the low sliding in from the NW but as it stands it may be a snow to rain back to snow event!

A little more Southwards correction between now and then however and we could be looking at snow all the way...or we could stay dry...or we could get a soaking.  It really is that much on a knife edge!

Being slap bang in the centre of the UK our region looks to be in a prime position for the heaviest snow potential whatever the outcome though so fingers crossed! :cold-emoji:

20171205_134516.png

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1