Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
14 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

According to the main thread, that nice Mr Hugo has just tweeted that the ECM Scandy block scenario has 100% backing from its' ensembles!

Bring it on!

Yes quite a significant development; best cold and snow chances for a couple of years IF things go as the ECM output. Still too far out to have much confidence though, GFS still different to ECM. The next few days will be rather tense I suspect!

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Morning all, been a while since I've posted in here. Things starting to look quite interesting from our region!

Thursday is a bit hit and miss, too far North as per the GFS/BBC and we see rain. Too far South we get nothing. The High Res NetWx-MR has Thursdays precip from the South miss a majority of Southern England

2.png

3.png

The FAX does show the trough pushing up into Southern parts but I feel like we'll probably miss out on this one. GFS usually over does Northerly extent, we've been in this situation a few times before. I think our best hope is for troughs moving South over the weekend as winds become more direct Northerly as opposed to North-Westerly. Then of course if the Easterly develops the upper air should be come enough based on latest ECM runs for the North Sea snow machine to fire up. Kent/Thames Streamers anyone? (streamer talk is tongue in cheek a bit)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Guys, I'm sorry but there will be no snow. How do I know this?

Well...

The thing is I got tried of scraping the ice off my car every morning until my hands went numb, so last week I bought some de-icer spray from the garage to solve the problem. Since then there has been no ice to scrape off. I can therefore only conclude that my purchase of de-icing spray has now jinxed any chance of snow.

Sorry :oops:

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Morning all, been a while since I've posted in here. Things starting to look quite interesting from our region!

Thursday is a bit hit and miss, too far North as per the GFS/BBC and we see rain. Too far South we get nothing. The High Res NetWx-MR has Thursdays precip from the South miss a majority of Southern England

2.png

3.png

The FAX does show the trough pushing up into Southern parts but I feel like we'll probably miss out on this one. GFS usually over does Northerly extent, we've been in this situation a few times before. I think our best hope is for troughs moving South over the weekend as winds become more direct Northerly as opposed to North-Westerly. Then of course if the Easterly develops the upper air should be come enough based on latest ECM runs for the North Sea snow machine to fire up. Kent/Thames Streamers anyone? (streamer talk is tongue in cheek a bit)

Ah the beautiful Thames streamer of 2009/2010 and 2010/2011. Kept snowing coming all week. *sigh*

Posted

Morning All. Cool start to the day in SE London but a pleasnt walk through St James' Park as it is at least not raining. Met O shows heavy snow symbol for 1800 Thursday for my area (Woolwich) but,.

as ever, i will believe it when i see it :) http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/u10hct3ju#?zoom=9&map=SignificantWeather&lon=0.07&lat=51.49&fcTime=1484200800

even so, its certainly looking like we are in for a cold spell albeit a short one, but i will be happy it feels like winter as opposed to the mild damp conditions we have endured previous years

Observations

Observed at 08:00, Tuesday 10 January

5°C 41°F

Wind Speed 16 km/h 10 mph Westerly

Humidity: 89%

Visibility: Good

Pressure: 1011mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Edited by MAF
added Met O snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Good morning, been lurking here for a while this winter just keeping up with what's going on!

how are you all? X

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We feel a bit cheated with members arriving at the first sniff of snow.....and the rest of us are left here the rest of the year all on our own :cray:;) 

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Kent Blizzard said:

We feel a bit cheated with members arriving at the first sniff of snow.....and the rest of us are left here the rest of the year all on our own :cray:;) 

Sorry :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 minutes ago, paget said:

Sorry :oops:

Lol it was humour. You are welcome, nice to see you back.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Ah the beautiful Thames streamer of 2009/2010 and 2010/2011. Kept snowing coming all week. *sigh*

Kent Streamer of Nov 2010 was the one for me. Snowed for 36 hours straight, mixture of heavy and light snowfall. Left about a foot and a half of level snow by the time it was finished, just incredible! A repeat of that would be brilliant

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Kent Streamer of Nov 2010 was the one for me. Snowed for 36 hours straight, mixture of heavy and light snowfall. Left about a foot and a half of level snow by the time it was finished, just incredible! A repeat of that would be brilliant

Yep was fantastic and better still was radar watching and seeing the constant peppering building and throwing it in :clap:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Remember it well. I worked a 36 hour shift as no one could get in from home to relieve us.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I was in Strood at the time as well. Got pictures of me thigh deep in snow at the top of the farmers fields. Simply amazing! The whole world came to a standstill and everyone just enjoyed the snow for a couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
34 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Well...

The thing is I got tried of scraping the ice off my car every morning until my hands went numb, so last week I bought some de-icer spray from the garage to solve the problem. Since then there has been no ice to scrape off. I can therefore only conclude that my purchase of de-icing spray has now jinxed any chance of snow.

I have come to a conclusion that you're a bit crazy.;)

Why don't you start your car, put the fan on full blast with the temp on it's highest setting? It only takes a few minutes for everything to melt.:good:  

Posted
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

I was in Strood at the time as well. Got pictures of me thigh deep in snow at the top of the farmers fields. Simply amazing! The whole world came to a standstill and everyone just enjoyed the snow for a couple of days.

No public transport, no cars on the road, lots of kids and adults out having snowball fights and building snowmen. The most snow i've seen in my lifetime it was just amazing, everything about it was brilliant! Hard to believe that it was 7 years ago already

Posted

6z GFS has the feature running Southwards on Friday further West which means our region could get in on the fun too! 

78-779UK.gif

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol it was humour. You are welcome, nice to see you back.

I know!  :D 

Posted
49 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Well...

It's ok Lauren because I threw my sledges away this year so that counteracts yours!! :D

• Like 2

Posted

14 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I have come to a conclusion that you're a bit crazy.;)

Why don't you start your car, put the fan on full blast with the temp on it's highest setting? It only takes a few minutes for everything to melt.:good:  

Yeah, I was being tongue in cheek.

But sadly my old little car does not have effective enough heating to do that.

2 minutes ago, paget said:

It's ok Lauren because I threw my sledges away this year so that counteracts yours!! :D

Phew! Order has been restored!

Posted

Don't move LOL

ukprec.png

And who were those going on about double figure temps from next Monday in the MO thread

Rtavn1742.gif

....Yes please

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

I get a horrible feeling that now everything seems a little too good to be true :friends:

Posted
22 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I get a horrible feeling that now everything seems a little too good to be true :friends:

And you know what they say about "if it seems too good to be true...... then it is" :shok: