Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

A wind chill of -53 reported in Russia......And here we are wearing socks in bed at -2 ;)

:cold:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another Frosty morning here. Nice and dry for the 6am dog walk.

So we have nearly completed our first week of January 2017 and still no sight of anything snowy in the reliable. Hoping to get 10 days away booked in Montreal for end of month - Thank God!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Interesting weather forecast this morning, rain showers in the SE may turn to ice when they hit the ground because of below freezing ground temps. Don't know if that happened anywhere mind, stayed dry and would now be to warm. I'm guessing the uppers were to warm for it to fall as snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Opened the door to have bubs shout' look mum it's frosty wow! ' I don't find frost or mist for that matter any thing to shout about, we get mist in summer too and as for frost we still get the dew. 

ironic that so many places are getting the stuff while we have 8C and rain. HAHAHAHAH.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely morning here, bright sunshine after an early frost and feeling chilly at 3C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Opened the door to have bubs shout' look mum it's frosty wow! ' I don't find frost or mist for that matter any thing to shout about, we get mist in summer too and as for frost we still get the dew. 

ironic that so many places are getting the stuff while we have 8C and rain. HAHAHAHAH.

Frost is the new snow for people on this site:oops:

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Frost is the new snow for people on this site:oops:

This morning the roads around Surbiton/Kingston had such a heavy frost I wondered for a second if there had been a light fall of snow (then came to my senses naturally); we decided we would count it as a lovely mid-winter's day, after sliding on sparkling pavements during the dog walk last night. Unfortunately the heating packed up yesterday evening, so it's 10-12 degrees indoors and dropping, which is taking the edge off the wintry weather a tad.

Inspired by @stainesbloke picture of snowy Turkey, here is a pic from a few days ago when I was in a very snowy Troodos in Cyprus, where after a good many overnight snowfalls, the white stuff was up to knee height and perfectly powdery for snowballs. The view is towards Limassol which was bright and 15 degrees for eating seafood at the beach that afternoon!

20170102_120255.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

I was part of the design team that installed the "golf balls" on the top of Troodos. Remember those snowy scenes when i was there too :)

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, MAF said:

I was part of the design team that installed the "golf balls" on the top of Troodos. Remember those snowy scenes when i was there too :)

Brilliant, I have often wondered what they are like inside, having nosed so often at them from the outside.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Brilliant, I have often wondered what they are like inside, having nosed so often at them from the outside.

Unfortunately you will have to keep wondering.

Great views from the mountain top on a clear day you can see for miles over towards the Med

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

This morning the roads around Surbiton/Kingston had such a heavy frost I wondered for a second if there had been a light fall of snow (then came to my senses naturally); we decided we would count it as a lovely mid-winter's day, after sliding on sparkling pavements during the dog walk last night. Unfortunately the heating packed up yesterday evening, so it's 10-12 degrees indoors and dropping, which is taking the edge off the wintry weather a tad.

Inspired by @stainesbloke picture of snowy Turkey, here is a pic from a few days ago when I was in a very snowy Troodos in Cyprus, where after a good many overnight snowfalls, the white stuff was up to knee height and perfectly powdery for snowballs. The view is towards Limassol which was bright and 15 degrees for eating seafood at the beach that afternoon!

20170102_120255.jpg

Forgot that you were almost greek :oops:

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Forgot that you were almost greek :oops:

Kali Chronia Lassie:)

Weather-related, it is now 6 degrees and raining; fingers crossed for the more optimistic versions of the charts to come off end of next week.

• Like 2

Sigh, stay out the model thread. I tried talking some sense and some people agreed with me but the same old people taking each run as gospel. 

I put £10 on the table that the GFS 18Z smashes the 12z out the water and it's a massive upgrade on cold. Then come 00z it will be watered down again and reapet until the event comes closer and we end up with a half way house. 

Of course, it could all be removed or it could go the other way. We won't know if there is any cold/mild next weekend  on the way till at the very earliest Wednesday. Even then it could go Pete tong. 

For those wanting snow this winter was really never going to be world class. I got it wrong, I went for mild and wet and went against what the experts said,  that was high pressure dominated. And thus, is what we are having.

I will stick my head out and say it, but if we don't see snow by the 21st of March (my birthday)  I will be surprised going by what we have had so far, what is now showing and what we have had in past winters. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

There is definitely a case of '....should of gone to Specsavers...' in the MOD thread, added with a big dose of 'bi-polar' with regards to the reactions.

With regards to the ups and downs with regards to predictions from the beginning of Dec 2016, an old Army saying keeps springing to mind.......' get on the bus.........get off the bus'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a frosty start, then the cloud rolled in with rain by mid-afternoon. 

Mild and cloudy sums up the the weekend coming up. 

Posted

hmmm, but will it verify 

uksnowrisk.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Just cant believe the whole of Europe apart from south of Spain, Nearly the whole of USA are in a freezer or going to be next 2 days or so, but here in little UK are the only country who is actually going to see a rise in temperatures. You just could not make this up.

just to note exactly two weeks ago today I finished for Christmas and the charts for this weekend were showing extreme cold and possible snow. In some respects the charts were nearly right as above Europe have got it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
23 hours ago, Bogman said:

Mass debate?

As is all chatting about will snow won't it, as this room been dead for weeks now has   Got little more interesting 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Hanny said:

hmmm, but will it verify 

uksnowrisk.png

These charts have been showing quite regularly since Christmas but always get downgraded

Posted
1 minute ago, slater said:

These charts have been showing quite regularly since Christmas but always get downgraded

Agreed but Friday 13th has been quite persistent 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So the pub run has been on the sauce tonight :cold:

gfs-0-240.png?18   gfs-0-300.png?18   gfs-0-360.png?18

That low to our south east just does the Tour de France and we end up with plenty of snow opportunities.

It won't happen but something to smile at for the time being.

• Like 5

Posted
21 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

So the pub run has been on the sauce tonight :cold:

gfs-0-240.png?18   gfs-0-300.png?18   gfs-0-360.png?18

That low to our south east just does the Tour de France and we end up with plenty of snow opportunities.

It won't happen but something to smile at for the time being.

It will be dumped like all cold potential. Been raining all day here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dank, gloomy start to the weekend and milder than of late, not particularly pleasant. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Dank, gloomy start to the weekend and milder than of late, not particularly pleasant. 

Yep another Non event few days coming up, damp mild and gloom. Just been looking out webcams, Moscow -30c crystal blue sky! 

Met office saying colder from midweek onwards but no snow symbols showing for our region at the moment.