Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
4 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

By the way, was it supposed to be windy today, wind is blowing between 35-40 mph here at the min, bringing with it low DP. Currently that's at -0.2, temp still at 4.5 though.

Breezy on the coast here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's a bit chilly like. 

We are going to see the newly built hall where bub's rainbows is now going to be. I'm a tad excited.

I must be getting old.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Really hope this weather lasts beyond the weekend. Much better to run and walk the dogs on cold crisp days. Don't mind it will turn cloudy late in week as long as it doesn't rain. 

Bit of stuck record in the MOD thread - 2 weeks ago 'now' was the period to watch.. that's now turned into mid December the 'one' to watch.

Get the feeling come mid December it will be the beginning of January the 'one to watch' and rinse & repeat - until eventually spring arrives... lol 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Really hope this weather lasts beyond the weekend. Much better to run and walk the dogs on cold crisp days. Don't mind it will turn cloudy late in week as long as it doesn't rain. 

Bit of stuck record in the MOD thread - 2 weeks ago 'now' was the period to watch.. that's now turned into mid December the 'one' to watch.

Get the feeling come mid December it will be the beginning of January the 'one to watch' and rinse & repeat - until eventually spring arrives... lol

I think we should be watching for quick changes once the cold gets in, if we can get a good under cut, or the high moves slightly north and west, we are in business here in the SE. Of course the high may just sink, which will then warm things up. That seems to be a while away yet.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A little fair weather cloud this afternoon, but otherwise it has been sunny and fairly calm up here with just a light south easterly breeze. A high of 8C.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Have you seen this headline?

28 November 2016 at 1:00pm

GPs warn stay warm as snow 'likely' to fall in South

The Met Office has today issued a warning to people across the South - with a 70% chance of temperatures below 2C and a widespread risk of ice or snow...Continued..

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2016-11-28/gps-warn-stay-warm-as-snow-likely-to-fall-in-south/

Posted
35 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

The Met Office has today issued a warning to people across the South - with a 70% chance of temperatures below 2C and a widespread risk of ice or snow...Continued..

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2016-11-28/gps-warn-stay-warm-as-snow-likely-to-fall-in-south/

Frost warning I expect, although I'll just have to lamppost watch to make sure now lol. I get where the wording comes from as, the ice and snow warnings are under one banner, I doubt any snow will be around.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
48 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Already down to 3C, here...It's gonna be a cold'n!:cold:

3.6 which is quite cold for here at this time. Dp is -1 if any moisture does happen to unexpectedly show up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
43 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Really have they got nothing more serious to talk about.

Temps below 2c wow, I better go and buy out the supermarket just in case.

• Like 1

Posted

Did someone say cold weather and maybe snow in the lead up to Xmas? Time to come out of hibernation! Greetings again one and all. Things look to get interesting as we near Xmas....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
4 minutes ago, Southender said:

Did someone say cold weather and maybe snow in the lead up to Xmas? Time to come out of hibernation! Greetings again one and all. Things look to get interesting as we near Xmas....

Not much in the way of snow in the forecast yet!!!!. But these cold to very cold forecasts intrest me none the less . I would love a frost fair on the Thames .:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

arpegeuk-41-20-0.png?28-17

Looks like an air frost for most places in this region tonight, widely down to -3C, we should see a few -5C or lower in sheltered spots.

As for tomorrow

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?28-17

3/4C at best, maybe a touch higher on the coast with an onshore breeze.

Tuesday night is looking even colder

arpegeuk-41-43-0.png?28-17

-5C widely, especially over southern counties, it does look like the temperatures will lift a little in the north as a weak warm front approaches.

Turning less cold for a time during the second half of the week as milder tropical maritime air mixes in creating more cloud, but the winds swing to the north and eventually the east again for the weekend allowing drier air to push back in which will bring the risk of sharp overnight frosts again. Whatever happens the main point is that there is no rain forecast at all as we head into December.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Hooray for a lovely sunny day today, and maybe a frost tonight, woo hoo!! Just popped into the mod threat, ramptastic times, a white Christmas on the way...?! :reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji:

Posted

-4C outside to start. I am going to need to wrap up warm for my walk to work. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Down to -5.1C here and still -4.4C at 08.00. A lovely red tint to the sky at dawn. Not too white though with the dry air flow off the Continent.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to feel really festive - I know it's a tad early, but I feel like getting the Xmas decorations down from the loft and putting the White Christmas DVD on! I've always wished I lived in the General's lodge..... "Vermont should be beautiful this time of year, all that snow".

Oh dear. It must be all the talk in the Model thread about a white christmas getting to me! :)

• Like 6

Posted

Morning All, well you can tell its a cold morning when there is a frost in St James' Park :)

The walk through the park was lovely this morning, frost, clear air, sunrise oh and no Matt the Weatherman with his BBC cameras to spoil the view of the lake lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sunny and -2 here currently, looks like another very nice day coming up :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The huge mid December blizzard fest isn't showing up in the models at the moment, wonder when they will start picking up on it. Cold out with a covering of frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I've just walked to school with my boys and it's clear blue skies this morning.. I haven't felt this cold in a long time!.. I don't know the temp but, I drove back from work this morning it was -0 in Purley/Croydon and -2 where I am.:cold:

Edited by D.V.R
too many ands
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Blimmin freezing this morning.

My car wouldn't start so I had to walk to work. Can't feel my face now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Blimmin freezing this morning.

My car wouldn't start so I had to walk to work. Can't feel my face now!

Oh no :nonono: Hope you get the car up and running and it's nothing expensive. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Down to -5.1C here and still -4.4C at 08.00. A lovely red tint to the sky at dawn. Not too white though with the dry air flow off the Continent.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to feel really festive - I know it's a tad early, but I feel like getting the Xmas decorations down from the loft and putting the White Christmas DVD on! I've always wished I lived in the General's lodge..... "Vermont should be beautiful this time of year, all that snow".

Oh dear. It must be all the talk in the Model thread about a white christmas getting to me! :)

Ooh yes, time for the Christmas decorations to come down from the loft. I'll be putting them all up this weekend. Have a real tree this year for a change, potted too so it can be planted out afterwards. Very chilly start but lovely, long may it last :)

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1