Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion


A.J

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dami said:

Had to deal with a jobsworth today, a loud embarrassing jobs worth at that. Shame they will be at the governor meeting hubs is going too. SHAME. 

Actually quite mild out although there is drizzle, but who cares when my new boots are out for delivery? :yahoo:

Kind of morning I don't mind, mild, no annoying low sun and no stupid no need for it cold because it aint gonna snow stuffs. 

No more boring clothes updates till next spring.:santa-emoji:

You mean you ain't going to buy anymore clothes until the spring:shok::shok::shok:

3 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

And so it begins...... 

Apparently its OK as winter is 8 days away and the great winters of past didn't get going until January...Deja vu of posts from last year anyone?

Bless them, I admire their stamina with such up and down emotions, I couldn't do it! 

lol they post those every year and when it's February and still no snow, they say 'remember March 2013:doh:

5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Great to see sun and blue skies this morning, shame about the howling wind though, ugh!

Are the winds only vile when hey are from the west lol, yup good to see the Sun today, it has been missed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

new boots here, rain for now stopped. School run in coming.

it looks like its going to get dark early today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to laugh what planet are those model forums posters on, some in melt down as the cold is nowhere to be seen but still you see posters getting really excited when they find a smidge of it.

As I said end October most weather sites have gone for a mild winter here in UK at least in the south of uk, maybe not so stormy but will not be any prolonged cold. Ok never going be 100% correct but they have been spot on last few years with these early predictions.

current forecast shows mild temps into the 2nd week in December maybe some very mild nights here in the south. I wouldn't be surprised if we could see the same start to winter just as last year, but then who knows, my current bet for Christmas Day cloudy mild 12c let's see if I'll be correct 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slater said:

I have to laugh what planet are those model forums posters on, some in melt down as the cold is nowhere to be seen but still you see posters getting really excited when they find a smidge of it.

As I said end October most weather sites have gone for a mild winter here in UK at least in the south of uk, maybe not so stormy but will not be any prolonged cold. Ok never going be 100% correct but they have been spot on last few years with these early predictions.

current forecast shows mild temps into the 2nd week in December maybe some very mild nights here in the south. I wouldn't be surprised if we could see the same start to winter just as last year, but then who knows, my current bet for Christmas Day cloudy mild 12c let's see if I'll be correct 

Tee hee! You & that other fella who posts on here 'Ben Lewis' should get together and organise a 'let's bash the folk on the model thread, thread'. :D  I agree it can all seem a bit nuts, but I think the run to run analysis is part of the hobby. Let them carry on, not doing anyone any harm!

I will expect a mild green Christmas and then be merrily surprised when I'm up to my neck in snow.

Anyhow it was a windy walk to work this morning again, but thankfully calmed down now. A balmy 9 degrees outside currently so no frost for me as it stands.

Finally,  hope the new boots are a hit Dami! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Tee hee! You & that other fella who posts on here 'Ben Lewis' should get together and organise a 'let's bash the folk on the model thread, thread'. :D  I agree it can all seem a bit nuts, but I think the run to run analysis is part of the hobby. Let them carry on, not doing anyone any harm!

I will expect a mild green Christmas and then be merrily surprised when I'm up to my neck in snow.

Anyhow it was a windy walk to work this morning again, but thankfully calmed down now. A balmy 9 degrees outside currently so no frost for me as it stands.

Finally,  hope the new boots are a hit Dami! 

Hehe guess we should get together. I do get it if it's someone's hobby looking and charts day in day out, I'll stick with the professionals I try not to visit the room if I can help it! Current temp also 9c 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shotski said:

Colder than average and drier than average, that would be my bet. 

Yes my gut feeling is saying something similar. Hopefully much less in the way of Atlantic storms this winter and much more settled, sunny weather. Would be nice to have a freezing snowy spell but after Crimbo preferably!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, slater said:

I have to laugh what planet are those model forums posters on, some in melt down as the cold is nowhere to be seen but still you see posters getting really excited when they find a smidge of it.

As I said end October most weather sites have gone for a mild winter here in UK at least in the south of uk, maybe not so stormy but will not be any prolonged cold. Ok never going be 100% correct but they have been spot on last few years with these early predictions.

current forecast shows mild temps into the 2nd week in December maybe some very mild nights here in the south. I wouldn't be surprised if we could see the same start to winter just as last year, but then who knows, my current bet for Christmas Day cloudy mild 12c let's see if I'll be correct 

It's the same every year wow look at the 240hr charts. Then 2 days later they  gone now then pick up the next one that at guess what 240 charts. then say we being messed about etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My boots are great! surprised a few folk who are used to me wearing all black. Although i think my bobble hat gets more attention. 

Did someone say SNOW? :yahoo:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh. I don't know why people put so much energy into the models every year. For the most part they rarely seem to actually come to fruition and people end up getting so worked up when it invariably doesn't work out the way they want.

 

Honestly, everyone should just stick to nowcasting out the window, it's so much less stress!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dami said:

My boots are great! surprised a few folk who are used to me wearing all black. Although i think my bobble hat gets more attention. 

Did someone say SNOW? :yahoo:

I had to read that twice because at first I thought the post said " My boobs are great!" And " My Boobie hat gets more attention "

Damn phone ;):)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lazarus42 said:

... Looks like you were right Kent old chap!

A racing certainty :)

Only good thing I can take from the outputs recently is nothing looks certain which means anything can happen, lot different to last year when around this stage we could almost know we'd have to was till after Christmas for a slim chance of anything, we got teased for January but that failed.

One thing I've noticed is the lack of snow shovels & sledges on sale this year compared to the previous years since 2010.....that's a good sign :D;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bluebell said:

Tee hee! You & that other fella who posts on here 'Ben Lewis' should get together and organise a 'let's bash the folk on the model thread, thread'. :D  I agree it can all seem a bit nuts, but I think the run to run analysis is part of the hobby. Let them carry on, not doing anyone any harm!

I will expect a mild green Christmas and then be merrily surprised when I'm up to my neck in snow.

Anyhow it was a windy walk to work this morning again, but thankfully calmed down now. A balmy 9 degrees outside currently so no frost for me as it stands.

Finally,  hope the new boots are a hit Dami! 

I wouldn't call it 'lets bash the folk on the model thread, thread' 

I have time and time again posted how much I admire their optimism and dedication across a swing of emotions and how every day turns into a 'slit wrists' or 'excitement' 

By all means they should carry on, I am just merely pointing out how exhausting it must be chasing something that isn't real and getting so worked up about something that has never happened. I enjoy reading the 'soap opera' script though, nice break away from the systems at work 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

A racing certainty :)

Only good thing I can take from the outputs recently is nothing looks certain which means anything can happen, lot different to last year when around this stage we could almost know we'd have to was till after Christmas for a slim chance of anything, we got teased for January but that failed.

One thing I've noticed is the lack of snow shovels & sledges on sale this year compared to the previous years since 2010.....that's a good sign :D;)

 

They should have a shovel and sledge mountain to sell from the three previous winters. Buy ten get ten free. Just looked at the models, first week of December still looking blizzardy:santa-emoji:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I had to read that twice because at first I thought the post said " My boobs are great!" And " My Boobie hat gets more attention "

Damn phone ;):)

men:nonono:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dami said:

My boots are great! surprised a few folk who are used to me wearing all black. Although i think my bobble hat gets more attention. 

Did someone say SNOW? :yahoo:

That's because people aren't used to seeing people wearing bobble hats as boots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

They should have a shovel and sledge mountain to sell from the three previous winters. Buy ten get ten free. Just looked at the models, first week of December still looking blizzardy:santa-emoji:

No, Lassie, no, second week, great, but not first week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...